ADVERTISEMENT

Bit of a shocker - Petersen steps down at UW

Always liked him and the way he was able to get the most from the players he had.

That is a shocker to me. He has been one of the best college coaches over the last 10 years or so.

Agreed. Top 10 imho. Pretty weird at age 55 he's taking an advisory job in the athletic department instead. Is he tired of coaching or is it a one year temp job until he takes something else?

Keith Gilbertson: 7 wins 16 losses, zero conference titles
Ty Willingham: 11 wins 37 losses, zero conference titles
Steve Sarkisian: 34 wins 29 losses, zero conference or division titles
Chris Petersen: 54 wins 26 losses, two conference titles, three division titles.

Also a top 15 to 20 incoming recruiting class.
I would be shocked if he was pushed to leave the head coach job.

Keith Gilbertson: 7 wins 16 losses, zero conference titles
Ty Willingham: 11 wins 37 losses, zero conference titles
Steve Sarkisian: 34 wins 29 losses, zero conference or division titles
Chris Petersen: 54 wins 26 losses, two conference titles, three division titles.

Also a top 15 to 20 incoming recruiting class.
I would be shocked if he was pushed to leave the head coach job.

Washington was a lot like Pitt and they were able to turn it around and accomplish that. I would love it for those type of results at Pitt.

Washington was a lot like Pitt and they were able to turn it around and accomplish that. I would love it for those type of results at Pitt.

There may be some similarities but they sometimes lead the PAC-12 in attendance. And they're top 25 in football revenue, turn a yearly athletic department profit. That is not exactly like Pitt, ya know?

If he doesn't have another gig watch for the scandal to energe.
Or he needs a rest like Suburban Meyer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT