Who takes the majority of the blame for Pitt basketball's fall from greatness

• Jamie Dixon

Votes: 46 45.1%
  • Kevin Stallings

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • Someone or something else

Votes: 35 34.3%

• Total voters
Will you get a life and when you do understand that there are other programs that are far more attractive than pitt right now . Stallings didn't hire pitt , pitt asked him to be their coach blame those that made the decisions . You can hate on him as much as you want , but hes the coach here for awhile and the next coach will be some unknown guy because no one but a fool would ruin their career by coming to Pitt under the current circumstances. That is unless you wish to pony up 20 million .
I do blame Scott Barnes. I wish him nothing but the worst. I also blame Kevin Stallings. He is an ass and straight up stealing money from Pitt.

I'd suggest you get a life and realize we had and will have options. It will never be guarantees, but lottery ticket options. Those are a lot better than guaranteed crap like we got and they'd likely have the integrity to not just camp on the job and collect a check.

Reactions: Pittfan85
The conference being a variable is the silly point -
As noted, he’s already adjusted quickly to another conference change .

He had a down recruiting cycle -
Like all coaches do.
End of story
More like a dead recruiting cycle. How long does a down recruiting cycle last?

Dixon doesn’t leave that’s his class, they were signed. I’m through discussing things with you given the fact that you can’t even admit that.
And I have no idea how they would do with a legitimate coach or if we would have added a PG or C to help that team. I think we probably add a player and make the NIT and maybe NCAAT.

However, Stallings re-signed those guys and then did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. They were his class.

Except they are including a recruiting class that was Stallings.

1. I don't think you know what a conductor is.

2. I am not a JIGer. I recognize his recruiting wasn't good enough and I don't think he was going to turn it around at Pitt.

3. I recognize Stallings is a very bad HC and did while he was at Vandy. I'm not going to be delusional and deny all the years and evidence just because he came to Pitt. The guy sucks and is literally stealing money from a University I love and want the best for. I haven't had a chance to tell Lyke, but Barnes heard it last year on Trees/GT weekend before he had coached a game. I'm sure he didn't care because the snake was planning his exit and, personally, I'm not important enough to move the needle.
Your knowledge level in regard to the word conductor, is similar to your knowledge level of the Pitt coaching situation; sadly lacking!

We do at least agree on that heap of a turd, Scott Barnes!

What they would have done with a different coach is irrelevant to what I said.

He had the lowest rated composite classes of any power 5 coach his final 3 years at Pitt. Everthing else you have asserted has been a diversion from that fact.

I do blame Scott Barnes. I wish him nothing but the worst. I also blame Kevin Stallings. He is an ass and straight up stealing money from Pitt.

I'd suggest you get a life and realize we had and will have options. It will never be guarantees, but lottery ticket options. Those are a lot better than guaranteed crap like we got and they'd likely have the integrity to not just camp on the job and collect a check.
Don’t you realize you have only three options
1) support the Panthers
2) don’t support the Panthers
3) don’t care or watch the Panthers
Those are all your options . Pitt hired KS to be their HC and until they decide he’s not the man you and guys like 85 who constantly are whining about KS just contributes to all the negativity surrounding the program .
Characterizing KS as an ass and stealing money just makes me question anything you ever say . Do you know the man ? Do you have any idea how many hrs he works ? You assume he doesn’t care and he somehow forced Pitt to hire him . ” You know nothing “ John Snow or I mean Jpripper88

Reactions: 88Pitt88
What about them? They weren’t highly rated, but dixon’s Teams always outperformed recruiting rankings.

Yeah but they were ridiculously low for the status of the program. You aren't being honest if you refuse to acknowledge. Having one class like that, yes that is excusable. Having three classes in a row like that is a fireable offense at most schools.

Of course, I know, but does that mean we can't SAY IT? Jezus F'ing Krist!

They want the ACC and the MONEY, but the Big East days where better times to be a fan. JUST THE TRUTH.
No doubt , but they do what they want to do and really don't care what you think . Eventually when the money dries up change will occur. I for one have no confidence that change will be for the better . Just the truth !

Reactions: Pitt79
What they would have done with a different coach is irrelevant to what I said.

He had the lowest rated composite classes of any power 5 coach his final 3 years at Pitt. Everthing else you have asserted has been a diversion from that fact.
Is that true? I haven't seen anyone post it yet. Which 3 classes are you talking about?

1) support the Panthers
Those are all your options . Pitt hired KS to be their HC and until they decide he’s not the man you and guys like 85 who constantly are whining about KS just contributes to all the negativity surrounding the program .
Characterizing KS as an ass and stealing money just makes me question anything you ever say . Do you know the man ? Do you have any idea how many hrs he works ? You assume he doesn’t care and he somehow forced Pitt to hire him . ” You know nothing “ John Snow or I mean Jpripper88
Yes, I do 1 and part of that is telling the AD directly the basketball program is doomed under Kevin Stallings. He didn't force Pitt to hire him. I've never come close to saying that. That is a ridiculous attempt by you to add hyperbole into the discussion.

I can come to those conclusions by watching and following the program and be familiar with Vandy and SEC basketball for years.

Yes, I do 1 and part of that is telling the AD directly the basketball program is doomed under Kevin Stallings. He didn't force Pitt to hire him. I've never come close to saying that. That is a ridiculous attempt by you to add hyperbole into the discussion.

I can come to those conclusions by watching and following the program and be familiar with Vandy and SEC basketball for years.
Well you make sure you tell her and bring your check for 20 million.
Ps... Your so over the top on your irrational hatred for KS you don't even realize I'm not a KS fan . I'm just rational enough to realize that it's not all KS fault and pitt will not write the check to change the path bb is on for another two yrs..

1) support the Panthers

Why does supporting require supporting KS as coach? If I believed he had more than a snowball’s chance in hell I would be supporting him. But I am personally convinced that any real improvement can’t occur until after KS’s successor is at the Pitt helm.

In the past I watched almost every game televised or streamed on ESPN3. I have stopped because it has become too painful. I have checked the box scores for all the games this year and plan to watch the game vs WVU tonight. Maybe I will see some reason for hope—or maybe not.

Last edited:
Why does supporting require supporting KS as coach? If I believed he had more than a snowball’s chance in hell I would be supporting him. But I am personally convinced that any real improvement can’t occur until after KS’s successor is at the Pitt helm.

In the past I watched almost every game televised or streamed on ESPN3. I have stopped because it has become too painful. I have checked the box scores for all the games this year and plan to watch the game vs WVU tonight. Maybe I will see some reason for hope—or maybe not.
The answer may not be Stallings, but you people are naive as all hell, if you think the next hire after him will automatically be the ticket to turn things around. I have zero faith in the administration finding the type of coach you all are dreaming of, and then shelling out the money it would take to get it done.

We must rebuild, and Stallings has as good a chance at getting it going as any other guy they could have swayed to come here. Fact is, nobody wanted this job. Some of you idiots would probably be more satisfied if we just cut men's basketball, rather than have Kevin Stallings as coach.

I am done on this subject, retards like Jpripper and Souf, are to far gone to even spout a rational thought on this. Hate for one individual, can taint one's ability to think straight!

The answer may not be Stallings, but you people are naive as all hell, if you think the next hire after him will automatically be the ticket to turn things around. I have zero faith in the administration finding the type of coach you all are dreaming of, and then shelling out the money it would take to get it done.

We must rebuild, and Stallings has as good a chance at getting it going as any other guy they could have swayed to come here. Fact is, nobody wanted this job. Some of you idiots would probably be more satisfied if we just cut men's basketball, rather than have Kevin Stallings as coach.

I am done on this subject, retards like Jpripper and Souf, are to far gone to even spout a rational thought on this. Hate for one individual, can taint one's ability to think straight!
Stallings has no chance of rebuilding.

What about his past decade indicates he’s the man to build a program?

Over his 17 years at vandy- he won at the same rate as the previous 17 years .

He doesn’t elevate programs

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT