ADVERTISEMENT

Bleacher Report & Pitt

Cap pitt

Junior
Jul 20, 2014
Bleacher report predicts Pitts defense in top 20 defenses for 2015 season because of HCPN and his resume and returning 8 starters and incomming D recruits

This post was edited on 2/23 11:28 AM by Cap pitt

I'm all for all of that--but Bleacher Report is a joke and should never be cited as authoritative on any subject. Anyone can post an article to it, it;'s all unpaid contributors. That;s why the writing is terrible, the content is suspect, and the opinions posted there are not authoritative.

Thebadby, are you stuck in 2008? Bleacher report hasn't followed that model in years. The model you're describing helped them get off the ground, but you do know they were sold to Turner for $200 million over two and a half years ago and now feature almost exclusively paid writers for their most visible content right?

This post was edited on 2/23 2:44 PM by PittBaller

We have 7 starters back on D not 8. They shouldn't have to be top twenty to get us a mere wining record. Something Moose failed to do. That should be the first step.

I can read, so what I do know is that Bleacher Report is a lot of garbage, poor writing, flimsy analysis, amateur level stuff.

Check out the bio for the guy who penned the masterpiece the OP referenced. You think he's an expert on the game of college football?

Badby you just described just about every preview report anywhere.

I agree with this. I don't think many writers are very "authoritative" on very much. They are all just guessing - just like the rest of us. They went to college for journalism, not football theory. I do agree that I don't really care what some writer from Bleacher Report has to say about how Pitt's defense projects. However, I also don't care how some writer from ESPN or Rivals projects Pitt's defense either. It is all just empty words regardless of how many readers said writer has attracted.

I afree with you and WBR about that for the most part. But there is a big difference between a professional level college football writer and some freelance ass clown who can't get a steady job in the sports media world.

The real journalists regularly talk to the people who are in the know-people in the college football business. That doesn't mean every opinion piece they write is based on good research (our friends Cook and Smizik are testinony to that), but I guess my point is real journalists have access to real information. Bleacher Report pikers just sit down with some stats and try to hack out a barely intelligible POS just to be able to claim it as a published work on their resume.

None of us knows how long it will take. It could happen in year one, or it could take three years. Narduzzi runs a very different style of defense from what House was running. The guys will either do well in his defense, or they won't. But we won't really know until we see it. I'm not saying its foolish to speculate; actually its fun to speculate, and fun to hope for the best possible outcome. But the styles are so different, and I believe the quality of coaching is so different that its really hard to project.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT