ADVERTISEMENT

Blue Gold Match/Get Together

Solomon wins 2-0.
Pletcher was the aggressor on feet but Solomon’s leg defense and positioning was gret.
He got out in 2nd.
Then rode pletcher entire 3rd.
2-0 Win

Laffey wins 3-0
Badgett got hit for stalling 2x in 1st 1-0
Laffey rode entire 2nd
Badgett cut laffey to start 3rd 2-0
nothing happened in 3rd
3-0 win

Keslar beats Evans 4-3. Great match.
Keslar got 1 escape and scored 3 on a great double leg. Evans was the aggressor on feet most of match, got in on shots but couldn’t finish. Scored on 2 escapes and a stall point in the 3rd

Solomon beats Laffey 5-2 in SV
Solomon was up 1-0 going into 3rd off of escape.
Laffey did great on bottom and eventually forced a standing reversal
Solomon escaped right after.
went to SV
Solomon with a beautiful low shot to secure the takedown within the first few seconds of SV

Last edited:
What a development that Badgett, who was a top 30-40 guy last year, appears to be #3 at 149 this year.

Really glad that Laffey appears to be taking a nice step forward. He has the physical talent, he just had to learn how to wrestle out from bottom. Seems he has maade some progess.

But the new man at 149, Finn Solomon!

Wish I could have seen these matches, but these accounts of his performance are something I cant help but feel positive about.

That said, where do we think Solomon slots in the National rankings picture right now? I suspect that he is comparable to a 20-30 ranking, based on absolutely nothing Ive seen with my own eyes

What a development that Badgett, who was a top 30-40 guy last year, appears to be #3 at 149 this year.

Really glad that Laffey appears to be taking a nice step forward. He has the physical talent, he just had to learn how to wrestle out from bottom. Seems he has maade some progess.

Wish I could have seen these matches, but these accounts of his performance are something I cant help but feel positive about.

That said, where do we think Solomon slots in the National rankings picture right now? I suspect that he is comparable to a 20-30 ranking, based on absolutely nothing Ive seen with my own eyes
I think he could sneak into the bottom 5-10 to start the year based on beating out Badgett and his reputation, but other than that he is probably unranked as none of his wins from last season are against guys that are expected to be ranked coming into the year

Reactions: persp
It’s honestly tough to take away much from these matches since these guys wrestle each other so much and know all their moves. One of the few times I have been legitimately impressed was Pitzer last year who just picked a part a much larger Slinger who has some success the year prior

Sunday will determine a good bit. Clarion is loaded with talent, Purdue, Ohio State, and few other school bringing entire squad. Lots of other wrestlers registered. On the close matches, not including kids red shirting, how they wrestle at tournaments will impact how coaches set lineup

I feel Solomon will be in top 20 and possibly get close to top 10. For comparison Jackson Arrington is ranked top 10. Heard the wrestle off was close last year.

I don’t believe any freshman are ranked. They make them earn it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT