ADVERTISEMENT

Bonasorte Sales.

Jul 26, 2017
Has anyone else purchased merch from the Boulevard Bedoin only to get it home and find it damaged/shoddy? Maybe this is why the city is trying to shut him down.

Why not inspect it before purchasing? Maybe this is why common sense is not so common anymore.

Has anyone else purchased merch from the Boulevard Bedoin only to get it home and find it damaged/shoddy? Maybe this is why the city is trying to shut him down.
I've purchased many items from him after first inspecting them on the spot. All products purchased have held up well and they all get a lot of wear and washings.

I've purchased a bunch of items and never had an issue. I inspect stuff fairly close before I buy though. The University has been trying to shut him down for competitive reasons.

I've purchased a bunch of items and never had an issue. I inspect stuff fairly close before I buy though. The University has been trying to shut him down for competitive reasons.

Yep! I bought a few times from the Kamikaze Kid's vans when in Oakland visiting campus when my kid was a Pitt student and never had any problem. But, I did thoroughly examine the items before I walked away.

Well, they originally tried to shut him down in the late 80s/early 90s because he was bootlegging the university's trademarks without licensing. After some legal fights, he finally ended up becoming an official licensee like everyone else.

Then he stole the Oakland Zoo logo from the kids that came up with it. The university had to get involved and ended up with the rights and now manages it.

He's had some battles with parking his truck with the city.

I'm not aware of anything currently going on between him and the university at the moment, but he has a prior history of being a PITA.

Yeah, I haven't spoken to him in 10 years. We attended the same church for a while. At that time he was highly upset about the script Pitt mess. He had a ton of stuff that he couldn't sell because he invested in script gear and the school told him to shelve it or else. I heard he ended up just giving it away down in the Dominican Republic or someplace like that after a hurricane as part of a deal with Pitt but that is only what I heard from a 3rd party.

Well, they originally tried to shut him down in the late 80s/early 90s because he was bootlegging the university's trademarks without licensing. After some legal fights, he finally ended up becoming an official licensee like everyone else.

Then he stole the Oakland Zoo logo from the kids that came up with it. The university had to get involved and ended up with the rights and now manages it.

He's had some battles with parking his truck with the city.

I'm not aware of anything currently going on between him and the university at the moment, but he has a prior history of being a PITA.
Chuckie was a pain in the opposing team's a**, when he earned the nickname "The Kamikaze Kid" for his play on the kick coverage team for the 1976 National Championship Team. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
My experience with Chuck's stuff is good. Suggest you look before you buy. You sound like an entitled idiot.,

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
Is the guy who used to sell hot dogs and chicken without a permit across from Bonasorte still around? Have not seen him in Oakland for a long time.

Is the guy who used to sell hot dogs and chicken without a permit across from Bonasorte still around? Have not seen him in Oakland for a long time.
Ah yes, Scotty the Hot Dog Guy (Scott was actually his last name). He was in a legal battle with the city around 2006 when the old Schenley lot was being built out with permanent food buildings across the street. He had been selling without proper permit for several years. They wouldn't give a permit for that location when he applied for a proper permit, yet they gave multiple permits to the new spots across the street. I heard rumors that the police forcibly removed him prior to the legal battle, but not sure if true or not. I work in Oakland and haven't seen him selling elsewhere since that time.

Last edited:
I've bought quite a few items from him, and they've all been good quality.

What are you referring to when you say the city is trying to shut him down? Please explain.

I'm not expecting a legitimate answer from this guy; I looked at his one post history, and it would suggest he's a Penn State troll.

"daminals76 said:
Wait, doesn't this kinda thing take place at the Lasch Building on a weekly basis??"

Just in your mind.

denniskembala, Feb 14, 2018

Every time I see that guy selling outside the stadium I am amazed that he is able to legally sell it with the Collegiate Licensing rules and other factors. I bought a T-shirt off of him this past season at the OK State game and it has held up well and the material is good. But something does feel a little dirty doing business with that guy.

I've bought quite a few items from him, and they've all been good quality.

What are you referring to when you say the city is trying to shut him down? Please explain.

He parks his truck overnight on Forbes and one of the city higher ups in the parking authority is trying to shut him down for it. I’m sure there’s more to it but that’s what the news presented.

Reactions: RaleighPittFan
You should just cut your loses and buy from Marshall’s. Lot of gear there.
K-Mart used to be my go-to for bargain priced Pitt t-shirts and sweatshirts (and had a very good selection). It was a nice little secret spot... which is probably why there are so few of them still open now!

Reactions: Jakey_John
The guy sells t-shirts and hats. What are you buying that is boxed up or that even has the potential for "missing parts"?
lol, that is my question. I am reading this thread and confused. I was assuming he was a pitt gear vendor but I see this post, complaining about missing parts and defective equipment and was really confused. Broken parts, missing pieces? WTH? Did you buy drywall off the guy

Reactions: ddc17
Ah yes, Scotty the Hot Dog Guy (Scott was actually his last name). He was in a legal battle with the city around 2006 when the old Schenley lot was being built out with permanent food buildings across the street. He had been selling without proper permit for several years. They wouldn't give a permit for that location when he applied for a proper permit, yet they gave multiple permits to the new spots across the street. I heard rumors that the police forcibly removed him prior to the legal battle, but not sure if true or not. I work in Oakland and haven't seen him selling elsewhere since that time.

Yes, that was his name. He had the perfect spot and the chicken always looked tempting on his grill. Called everyone "Dag" or "Dan" or something.

Reactions: JoseLind13
Chuckie was a pain in the opposing team's a**, when he earned the nickname "The Kamikaze Kid" for his play on the kick coverage team for the 1976 National Championship Team. :rolleyes:
Might be wrong, but I always thought Randy Reutershan was dubbed the “Kamikaze Kid”. Unless we had more than one crazy special teamer.....

Quote from Chuck Bonasorte in 1977:
"Every student has the right to support the Panthers by purchasing an inexpensive shirt of passable quality," Bonasorte added, "or at least to let others know the answer to the question, “What did the Penn State grad say to the Pitt grad? Welcome to McDonalds, may I take your order please!'"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT