ADVERTISEMENT

Bowl projections for your viewing entertainment

Jerry Palm - Belk Bowl vs. BYU
Matchup is meh, but an easy location to get to.

SBNation - Sun Bowl vs. Oregon
Big name opponent but a terrible location.

SI.com - Pinstripe Bowl vs. Wisconsin
I had a great time at this bowl. Love the location and the opponent.

Orlando Sentinel - Camping World Bowl vs. Iowa State
Not much intrigue in the opponent, but Orlando in December would be outstanding.

If we make it to the championship game and Clemson wins and makes the playoffs don’t we get the at large bid to a BCS bowel game for the ACC

If we make it to the championship game and Clemson wins and makes the playoffs don’t we get the at large bid to a BCS bowel game for the ACC

I think it will go to ND if they don't make the playoffs. Think the bowl picks after that, which means we wont get it. We have to put together some good seasons and fan support before we get any benefit of the doubt.

This is a good point, haven’t thought of this yet. From most of the bowl projections I’d have to say no, but who knows.

Does the ACC have a rule like the Big10 does about not going to the Pinstripe Bowl for several seasons after having gone to it a first time?

I'd like revenge against Iowa State for the Insight Bowl in 2000. I still think we win that game if the field isn't so slippery.

No because they would go to the Orange Bowl. If the Orange Bowl was not a CFP bowl this year and lost the ACC champ to the playoff, the highest ranked ACC team would go there (probably Syracuse)

Pinstripe against chyrst would be great
Anything but NYCity would be greater!
Dump, lots of traffic, expensive hotels especially this time of year (holiday season starts like now) & expensive mass transit from out of state.
Plus the people are some of the worst humans that inhabit this planet.

But you're 100% correct about the match-up. We win that bowl game we'd run all over those Badgers.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Pinstripe against chyrst would be great
Anything but NYCity would be greater!
Dump, lots of traffic, expensive hotels especially this time of year (holiday season starts like now) & expensive mass transit from out of state.
Plus the people are some of the worst humans that inhabit this planet.

But you're 100% correct about the match-up. We win that bowl game we'd run all over those Badgers.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Would love NYC again. Greatest city in the world and there's nothing like NYC around the holidays.

I'd like revenge against Iowa State for the Insight Bowl in 2000. I still think we win that game if the field isn't so slippery.
Harris refused to run the ball. We had Kevan Barlow and Nick Goings in the backfield. Sage Rosenfels had a big day. It was in Arizona. I don’t remember the field being slippery. I was there. Drunk as hell, but I was there.

Harris refused to run the ball. We had Kevan Barlow and Nick Goings in the backfield. Sage Rosenfels had a big day. It was in Arizona. I don’t remember the field being slippery. I was there. Drunk as hell, but I was there.
I was there also and don't remember the field being slippery, wasn't the game indoors at the baseball stadium downtown? And yes Harris refused to run against the very weak ISU run defense.

I was there also and don't remember the field being slippery, wasn't the game indoors at the baseball stadium downtown? And yes Harris refused to run against the very weak ISU run defense.
I was there also, game was played in Bank One Stadium. I think the Diamondbacks play or played baseball at that facility. It had a retractable roof and it was closed for the game, but I don’t recall the slippery conditions.

I remember the field getting slick when they closed the roof. A few instances were our guys slipped on cuts. I was in the band and remember the field being very wet at halftime.

I was at the Iowa State bowl game in Tempe. They hadn’t been to a bowl in forever. They had something like 18,000 fans travel for the game but the hotels and restaurants in Phoenix weren’t real happy about it because most of their fans drove there from Iowa, got there on game day, stayed in the cheapest motels they could find for one night, and then drove back to Iowa the next morning.

I stayed in Scottsdale which is adjacent to Tempe, and we didn’t see any ISU fans until game day. Then, they were swarming all over the place. It was like an infestation. And, they were obnoxious, probably because they hadn’t been to a bowl game in so long.

For me, living in California, bowl games in Phoenix or El Paso mean easy travel. But, the number of Pitt fans who make those trips are few. I went to the Bowl in Orlando in 2001 and was shocked at how many more Pitt fans were there compared to the bowls in the West.

Of course, it helps that Orlando is such a great destination. I went with the woman I was dating at the time and her 10 year old daughter. They didn’t want to see a football game, but they were willing to go because of the theme parks, all of which we hit.

That was AB’s last game for Pitt. We beat N.C. State and Phillip Rivers. That was the year we started 1-5 and won our last 5 to get invited to the Citrus Bowl. Walt gave up on the spread offense after that 1-5 start. But, I thought equally important was him inserting Tyre Young and Brian Guzek as starters on defense.

Bowl Season......

It’s the most wonderful time of the year.

And it’s here to stay people. LOL

When does it start this year???

Jerry Palm - Belk Bowl vs. BYU
Matchup is meh, but an easy location to get to.

SBNation - Sun Bowl vs. Oregon
Big name opponent but a terrible location.

SI.com - Pinstripe Bowl vs. Wisconsin
I had a great time at this bowl. Love the location and the opponent.

Orlando Sentinel - Camping World Bowl vs. Iowa State
Not much intrigue in the opponent, but Orlando in December would be outstanding.

I would love to play Wisconsin. Over/under on passing attempts between the two teams: 22.5

Reactions: DiehardPanther
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT