ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking:Le’Veon Bell

FurioGiunta

Walk-on
Oct 6, 2018
Will not report to the Steelers by Tuesday at 4PM according to Adam Schefter and multiple league sources. This is James Conner’s job that apparently was cemented today.

I’m not linking the tweet, those posts get deleted.

Will not report to the Steelers by Tuesday at 4PM according to Adam Schefter and multiple league sources. This is James Conner’s job that apparently was cemented today.

I’m not linking the tweet, those posts get deleted.
BYE FELICIA

I’m not going to believe anything until after Tuesday. The national media has misread Bell’s situation since the summer when they all said he would report prior to Week 1. He is a loose cannon and won’t know what he’s doing until Tuesday morning.

If it’s true, good for James. He has been amazing and deserves a chance to tote the ball as the unchallenged lead back the rest of the way.

I’m not going to believe anything until after Tuesday. The national media has misread Bell’s situation since the summer when they all said he would report prior to Week 1. He is a loose cannon and won’t know what he’s doing until Tuesday morning.

If it’s true, good for James. He has been amazing and deserves a chance to tote the ball as the unchallenged lead back the rest of the way.

That's about where I am with all of this. It doesn't seem like his agent has done a good job with this situation.

Reactions: TJOlsen and BFo8

Yep, most of the national media is clueless regarding the situation or just filled with false information. The legit reporters just throw something out there every week because they know it'll get views.

That's about where I am with all of this. It doesn't seem like his agent has done a good job with this situation.

I don’t know enough about him to say anything definitely, but everything I’ve read about Bell’s agent makes it sound like he was woefully unprepared for negotiations at this level.

This sounds like one of these cases where years from now Bell will end up suing this guy.

Well if he doesn’t sign then he gets exactly what he wanted, and that’s to be a free agent next year. If he does sign, then he faces a possible court/arbitration battle with the Steelers over how much he’d be owed next season under a new franchise tag. The smart thing to do is not sign.

Reactions: BFo8
I don’t know enough about him to say anything definitely, but everything I’ve read about Bell’s agent makes it sound like he was woefully unprepared for negotiations at this level.

This sounds like one of these cases where years from now Bell will end up suing this guy.
I don't disagree because like you I don't know enough about him, but from all accounts, Bell's agent agreed to terms with the Steelers that would have made him the highest paid back at the time - everyone thought it was done, but Bell himself said no at the last minute. Sounds to me like Bell is the one calling the shots and is the one woefully unprepared. Just my thought

Reactions: paulbl99
It's pretty simple the way I understand it, (Bell believes) he will be able to recoup his millions in guaranteed money with no risk because of his next contract. He is looking at it as 100% business, with absolutely no regard for winning super bowls, setting records, HOF, etc. It is really no mystery , he knows that the Steelers would continue to place a huge load on him in this last franchise year, and not only put another year of wear and tear on him, but he would deal with the rather large risk of playing the one last year for $14mil, and end it all there with an injury. Unprepared does not seem to be quite the correct term, more like Bell may have miscalculated, time will tell. I don't see how a team with a good QB can afford much more than the Steelers offered as it seems to tie too much money up in the RB and QB position. Anyway as they say in Pittsburgh lore, "Son, we can win 0 Super Bowls without you"

I don’t take their word for it, but why return at this point? There’s almost no chance he comes back and is as good as he was last year, especially if he doesn’t get the majority of the carries now. At least sitting at home the last thing teams have to go off of is his great 2017 season. If he comes back there’s a chance the last image teams have of him is as an out of shape backup running back.

I disagree to a small extent. Bell won't know what he is doing until about 20 minutes after he's done it.
Some NFL team will pay him large sums and my sense is that he will then prove to the world that his greatest appeal is as a diva.

Does the Dez Bryant injury play into whether or not Bell comes back this year?

Bell could be making the right move at the end of the day should he sit. Maybe

In a rational system he’s insane, and stupid.
But the NFL has a bumbling stumbling fool like Jerry Jones not only owning a team...but running it.

And he’s not alone.

It’s still s gamble imo Pothead is just one smoke from over the line.

Bell gave up 14 mill. The only way he makes out financially is to get over 20 so they he gets a payback in two years. I can’t see any team paying this cancer who has a history of injury and dope suspension over 20.

Pride got in the way of financial common sense. Dudes a cancer in the locker room so I couldn’t be happier for him

Reactions: tps48 and paulbl99
Bell gave up 14 mill. The only way he makes out financially is to get over 20 so they he gets a payback in two years. I can’t see any team paying this cancer who has a history of injury and dope suspension over 20.

Pride got in the way of financial common sense. Dudes a cancer in the locker room so I couldn’t be happier for him
You are spot on...in the real world
Aging billionaires are not always in that world, and often the kids are worse.

He could pull it off,or it could all go up in smoke.

Reactions: Parkview57

You are Wrong.. I suggest you read up on the Structure of NFL Contracts. He will EASILY recoup the lost money from this year.. Stick to whining in your posts, it seems that anything you try post factual is a train wreck..

You are Wrong.. I suggest you read up on the Structure of NFL Contracts. He will EASILY recoup the lost money from this year.. Stick to whining in your posts, it seems that anything you try post factual is a train wreck..
Lmao
No it is not a done deal he will recoup pissing away 15 very very large.

It is just a possibility....and James is doing a fantastic job making that asshole look less valuable week by week.

Bell held out to get paid and now he will never make up his lost salary from this year. A calculated risk that completely backfired.

Explain it or post a link. It would make your criticism more valid.

Reactions: tps48
If Bell signs the 5 year $70 million offer from the Steelers last year, he likely sees the entire contract. After the second year, which would have paid him $30 million, the Steelers likely would have restructured and pushed more money up front because that's what they do. It's a lot easier for a team that pays a guy a ton up front to cut them later on with the lower yearly salaries.

Reactions: BigBird80
I don't think they should have mentioned Bell's drug suspension and missed drug test as an aside. I'm sure those two events have weighed heavy with the Steelers.

It still seems as if they have, at least for now, miscalculated this.
It certainly seems like that, but we shall see. I expect some team will sign him for a big number, just not sure the number will be quite as big as he expected.

Hopefully James's jersey is selling like pancakes..
Me too but I believe you meant Hotcakes?

This is a picture of Pancakes.
o-BEST-PANCAKE-RECIPE-facebook.jpg

This is a picture of Hotcakes.
o-BEST-PANCAKE-RECIPE-facebook.jpg

The idiom was created in the nineteenth century so that explains it. haha.
But they both look good.

"save a horse ride a cowboy"
Signed: Mrs Buffett
GO CSU Rams & PITT Panthers!

Last edited:
It certainly seems like that, but we shall see. I expect some team will sign him for a big number, just not sure the number will be quite as big as he expected.

No doubt he will make a shit-ton of money with his next contract. It just remains to be seen with whom he signs. Interesting times.

Reactions: pitt-girl
I would be upset with Bell more if he was actually holding out while under contract. Since he isn't under contract he isn't really holding out. And the Franchise tag should be done away with.

Reactions: WC Panther
I’m okay with a structured one-year franchise tag. Pay them average of top 3 paid players in the league no matter the position. Then when they walk after that you will receive no compensation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT