ADVERTISEMENT

Brent Pry and VT suck

djbpitt

Sophomore
Jun 28, 2001
What do the Hokies see in this guy? I don't get it.

The Jimmy Franklin coaching tree sure is a weak sapling: Pry, Joe Moorhead, Manny Diaz and, most notably, the former Nitter guy who "coaches" the Florida Gators defense.

What do the Hokies see in this guy? I don't get it.

The Jimmy Franklin coaching tree sure is a weak sapling: Pry, Joe Moorhead, Manny Diaz and, most notably, the former Nitter guy who "coaches" the Florida Gators defense.
Moorhead and Diaz barely coached with Franklin, they're barely part of the tree, and there could still be hope for those guys (but they are both at tough schools to win at currently, so it's a very uphill battle for both of them). Pry, on the other hand, had been with Franklin a long time and unfortunately for VT, it shows.

PSU has recruited Virginia/Maryland well during Franklin’s tenure. I think part of the appeal of Pry was thinking he could convince some of those guys to stay home.

Reactions: Pittparade
It's over for VT. They had a nice thing going with Beamer, helped when they hit lightening in a bottle with Vick. They need someone like Bill O'Brien.

PSU has recruited Virginia/Maryland well during Franklin’s tenure. I think part of the appeal of Pry was thinking he could convince some of those guys to stay home.
Yes, he is a commonwealth native and coached at VT under Beamer. They want to get back to winning with as many Virginia kids as possible.

Great school and beautiful campus but starting to believe it is a tough sell to get top prospects there consistently.

Still they were more than competitive last night.

Pry is one of the worst. Its not easy to get outcoached by Cristobal but Pry found a way. Both those guys are no better than your average WPIAL gym teacher and I mean that 100%.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT