ADVERTISEMENT

Brett McMurphy’ Bowl Predictions

I believe Pickett will play, based on what he’s said to people. Think he’s looking at the bowl as a last ride deal and an extra chance at a showcase opportunity. Plus he may need the bowl to break 3 more team records regarding career Tds.

Probably makes sense for him to play, too. I think he's going to either be the 3rd QB in the 1st tier along with Corral and Howell, or the 1st QB in the 2nd tier with guys like Malik Willis and Carson Strong. A really good bowl performance on national tv would could help solidify him in that 1st group.

Does everyone not realize that Pickett isn't a guaranteed 1st or 2nd overall pick? He might not even be the 1st or 2nd QB picked in the draft. He's going to play in the bowl because a great performance in a bowl game will help his draft status, sitting at home will just bring up questions about "commitment" which is fine for a RB or LB but not a QB.

Teams draft according to need, so of course he wouldn't go 1st or 2nd.

Different NFL decision makers see different things they like or don't like in QBs and how they fit in their franchise. There seems to be a consensus that Pickett is gong to be one of the top handful of QBs selected, whether that's 1st or 4th.

They all know what he can do at this point. And the bowl game is a glorified exhibition anyway.

He predicts…. The Cheez-It Bowl for Pitt against Kansas State…

THE CHEEZ-IT BOWL?!?!?!
The Cheez it Bowl would be a great destination. The two ESPN guys have matchups against Oklahoma and Baylor.

Reactions: pittmeister
The Cheez it Bowl would be a great destination. The two ESPN guys have matchups against Oklahoma and Baylor.
Well, this year it would not be a great destination.

Because if we go to the Cheez It Bowl, it means we didn't win the ACC Title.

Reactions: WishfulPanther
I can't see KP playing in a bowl game regardless of what bowl Pitt plays in.

Lots of people have him mocked going into the 1st round, don't be stupid and risk losing millions of dollars to play in a exhibition bowl game.

If I was him I wouldn't even play in the Syracuse game if Pitt wins this week.
Trust me cheese cake I’m
not stupid why call me names goofball ha ha ha I’ve had a strok is that what your making fun of what a ditz sorry Matt I couldn’t resist

Last edited:
I love all the Pitt fan angst....who the hell is Brett McMurphy and why should any of us care what he thinks?

Reactions: Blue Goose
This also applies to a potential NY6 Bowl, the Fiesta is a better location and date compared to the Peach.
I would prefer Atlanta. Better flights, more convenient for PITT fans. I can travel home NYE.
We have sold a lot of tickets to 2 Northern bowl games within reasonable driving distance. A southern bowl game isnt taking a chance on selecting Pitt when it has more of a guarantee with tickets by selecting a southern team.
Would UNC or Miami really travel given the year they've had? Miami has little support anyway.

Reactions: Atlanta Panther
Update to my earlier rant. Multiple sources stating Cheezit Bowl is ACC best bowl after NY6 and we should be happy to get it we lose ACC-CG. I don’t know , Gator Bowl still sounds better to me 🤷‍♂️
It’s the name that throws things off. The Mercedes Benz Bowl, Citrus Bowl, etc. would sound better.

I think every bowl should have a real name like Citrus Bowl, Cherry Bowl, etc. I am all for the bowls making money so they can still be the Cherry Bowl Presented By Cheezit or the Duke's Mayo Tomato Bowl or whatever, but when the sponsors change at least the bow name remains. This never ending run of weedeater bowls and furniture bowls and tire bowls and so on is just a mockery. I am glad some of the newer bowls picked real names like the Pinstripe and Fenway.

Reactions: TD_6082
Why did uva get an orange bowl bid In 2019 after losing acc title game and pitt didn't get a nye6 bowl bid after losing in acc title in 2018?

Why did uva get an orange bowl bid In 2019 after losing acc title game and pitt didn't get a nye6 bowl bid after losing in acc title in 2018?
9-3 regular season vs. 7-5 for us.

I'd still have to go back and research that year. They were still only ranked 24 after losing to Clemson.

Today I learned the Cheez-It Bowl is the name of the bowl game played in Orlando, NOT Phoenix. :oops:

McShay and Kiper have KP #1 QB available. And you just know NFL GM’s lean on them heavily. Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT