ADVERTISEMENT

Brooklyn super team

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
With James Harden going to Brooklyn, the NBA Finals are now set. Lakers vs Nets. I will definitely watch that but it renders everything up until then meaningless.

This is a hard trade to figure out, maybe one of you NBA guys can break it down. I know Harden was unhappy in Houston but they gave him for bench players plus a few of the Nets 1st Round Draft picks which will probably be in the high 20s.

The 1sts won't convey sequentially. The 2nd and and 3rd of them convey in 2024 and 2026. Harden will be 36 and Durant will be 37 and I'm not sure either guy will be on the Nets at that point. The picks are unprotected so those 2 picks could be lottery picks. Ditto the pick swaps in 2023, 2025, and 2027. It's not inconceivable that the Rockets get 4 lottery picks out of this. That's a lot.

I'm not sure why the Rockets added Olaidipo on an expiring contract rather than keeping Caris LaVert (who is good and signed for 2-3 more years). I'm guessing they're planning to flip Olaidipo and go full rebuild?

Last edited:
Houston received 4 first round draft picks and Victor Oladipo. They did very well considering they had to trade Harden with the way he was acting.

I would not book the Nets as the Eastern Champ. Dysfunction, injuries, or the Bucks simply beating them could still happen.

Reactions: bobfree
Houston received 4 first round draft picks and Victor Oladipo. They did very well considering they had to trade Harden with the way he was acting.

I would not book the Nets as the Eastern Champ. Dysfunction, injuries, or the Bucks simply beating them could still happen.

Injuries of course but assuming they stay healthy. That said: Bucks-Nets would be entertaining. I know people knock the NBA and I don't watch the regular season but no league does better marketing their stars. An NBA Finals with LeBron, AD, Kyrie, Harden, and KD would be incredible. I mean those are 5 of what, the best 8 or so players in the world?

With James Harden going to Brooklyn, the NBA Finals are now set. Lakers vs Nets. I will definitely watch that but it renders everything up until then meaningless.

This is a hard trade to figure out, maybe one of you NBA guys can break it down. I know Harden was unhappy in Houston but they gave him for bench players plus a few of the Nets 1st Round Draft picks which will probably be in the high 20s.
Eh I wouldn’t crown them yet. If one of those three get hurt, they are in deep crap with how thin there second unit is. They are gonna be turnstiles on defense so they will be entertaining but I’m not completely sold that they are better than Milwaukee.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Cavs made out in the deal. Thery likely have another trade coming with the excess big men ion the roster.
Completely disagree, they gave up AN UNPROTECTED 1st round pick for two roll players. I wanna know who in that organization thought that was a good idea at this juncture of their rebuild.

EDIT: I now see it’s Milwaukee’s first. I still think it’s a dumb trade from their perspective.

Last edited:
I think it’s cool that Durant, Harden, and Jeff Green are all reunited. Last played together in 2011 with the Thunder.

I’m more interested in seeing if this will be a train wreck for the Nets. It certainly could be.

Absolutely, especially with Kyrie Irving acting like a baby. He hasn't played in a week or so because he is pissed at the organization. He didn't like the hiring of Nash, he's not 100% onboard with getting Harden. He may not finish the season with them.

Completely disagree, they gave up AN UNPROTECTED 1st round pick for two roll players. I wanna know who in that organization thought that was a good idea at this juncture of their rebuild.

EDIT: I now see it’s Milwaukee’s first. I still think it’s a dumb trade from their perspective.

Milwaukee 1st rounder for Jarrett Allen was a great deal for Cleveland.

Reactions: Ronnyp91
Absolutely, especially with Kyrie Irving acting like a baby. He hasn't played in a week or so because he is pissed at the organization. He didn't like the hiring of Nash, he's not 100% onboard with getting Harden. He may not finish the season with them.

who said he's not onboard with Harden? Who said he didn't like Nash? What?

Milwaukee 1st rounder for Jarrett Allen was a great deal for Cleveland.
I disagree they need another high end pick and Allen is good enough to improve them to like the 10-12th pick. They could have kept the Milwaukee first and just signed him in RFA.

Let's remind everyone that SMF knows even less about the NBA than college basketball, and that he predicted the Kyrie-led Celtics would be a guaranteed lock for the NBA finals. They were not.

This team will be historically great on offense and historically bad on defense. They won't make it out of the East.

I mean who does Kyrie like? He’s had isssues with everything and everyone at every stop.

And can you see him and KD just clearing out so Harden can dribble forever and run isolation?

Yea, me neither.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Let's remind everyone that SMF knows even less about the NBA than college basketball, and that he predicted the Kyrie-led Celtics would be a guaranteed lock for the NBA finals. They were not.

This team will be historically great on offense and historically bad on defense. They won't make it out of the East.

I predicted the last 2 Western Conferencd champions. I missed on the Celtics 2 years ago and Bucks last year.

If Kyrie, Harden, and KD are all healthy, there's no way they dont make the Finals.

I for one, think it has the real possibility of being a circus. Irving is living in an alternative universe. Harden needs ball all the time and Durant only shoots when he has the ball.Stay tuned for this show being orchestrated by first year coach Nash

I'm so excited to circle back this spring and laugh at SMF's bad prediction.

That is a dysfunctional trio of superstar players. Chemistry matters. Harden and Kyrie's egos will collide.

There's also no defense on that team.

I highly doubt this team makes it out of the East as currently constructed.

So you believe an unverified Twitter account that "heard" this about Kyrie?

You understand he endorsed Nash multiple times, right? That came directly from his mouth that he wanted Steve Nash to coach this team.

There are other articles that mention it as well. He hasn’t played in over a week. Stephen A. Smith called him out and said he should retire. He’s a freaking baby. He’s been one for years.

I disagree they need another high end pick and Allen is good enough to improve them to like the 10-12th pick. They could have kept the Milwaukee first and just signed him in RFA.

The Milwaukee pick is completely useless. It's nothing. They basically got Allen for free and can sell him to the organization throughout the reminder of the year. He can develop chemistry with Garland and Sexton as well. It was a no brainer move for the Cavs. Signing him in RFA is no guarantee. Cleveland would've overpaid if they really wanted him and it still couldve been matched.

There are other articles that mention it as well. He hasn’t played in over a week. Stephen A. Smith called him out and said he should retire. He’s a freaking baby. He’s been one for years.

I'm not disagreeing he's a baby, but watch the vid of Stephen A you just mentioned. 20 seconds after calling for his retirement, he goes onto rant about how Kyrie endorsed Nash over and over.

If the Nets want to win, they all need to buy in and one of them will need to take a major hit in production. Ray Allen, Chris Bosh, Klay Thompson/Draymond all took major hits in production. Even the top 2 take hits with production. Right now their 3rd best player isn't sure if he wants to play or not.. silly to crown them eastern conference champs right now.

Reactions: cease10
I'm not disagreeing he's a baby, but watch the vid of Stephen A you just mentioned. 20 seconds after calling for his retirement, he goes onto rant about how Kyrie endorsed Nash over and over.

Yet I've seen several that said the opposite. The guy you said was an "unverified twitter account" works for SNY TV, so he covers NY sports. Irving is such a goof he could have been in favor of it, but maybe now he's not. He's not right, so who knows?

Yet I've seen several that said the opposite. The guy you said was an "unverified twitter account" works for SNY TV, so he covers NY sports. Irving is such a goof he could have been in favor of it, but maybe now he's not. He's not right, so who knows?

My point is that Kyrie endorsed Nash and he never said a peep about not wanting Harden.

The Milwaukee pick is completely useless. It's nothing. They basically got Allen for free and can sell him to the organization throughout the reminder of the year. He can develop chemistry with Garland and Sexton as well. It was a no brainer move for the Cavs. Signing him in RFA is no guarantee. Cleveland would've overpaid if they really wanted him and it still couldve been matched.
I think that’s fair but I don’t call any first round pick useless when you are gonna need to attach one to Kevin Love. It’s just my personal opinion that trading for a RFA isn’t one of the smartest things to do in the NBA. I hope for Cleveland’s sake they extend him or else it could blow up.

I really just think Cleveland thinks they are farther along in their rebuild than they actually are and are about to set themselves up to be the next Indiana Pacers.

If everything was based off talent then the Nets would be a lock for the finals... But let’s see how this works out.

Kyrie is super talented but can’t get along with anyone and is always injured. Harden is an unbelievable scorer but he officially changed his last name to Haren...because he is allergic to D. I could see him clashing with Kyrie as he couldn’t get along with CP3 because CP3 held him accountable and the same happened with Westbrook as he ran them both out of town. KD is 1st team all NBA when healthy but he can be more sensitive than a teenager girl...see his burner Twitter accounts. Basically what I described is the short version of the article below...

I am not so sure this sets the Nets up either. I think Kyrie is a cancer and I am not sure Harden is too much better. I think they have too many Alpha's and I don't think it will go as well as some think.

Reactions: FireballZ
The Nets lost back to back games to CLEVELAND!

Meanwhile, LeBron decided to drop 20 in the 4th Quarter against Cleveland en route to scoring 46 to continue the Lakers hold as the best team in basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT