ADVERTISEMENT

Brooklyn super team

The Nets lost back to back games to CLEVELAND!

Meanwhile, LeBron decided to drop 20 in the 4th Quarter against Cleveland en route to scoring 46 to continue the Lakers hold as the best team in basketball.

Regular season. Most guys are going through the motions.

Regular season. Most guys are going through the motions.

The funny part about your response is that we had the exact same exchange a few years ago about the Kyrie-led Celtics. And just like then, I'll tell you that flaws in the regular season are also flaws in the playoffs. And not being able to defend anyone, especially in the paint, is a pretty significant flaw.

You think someone who knew basketball so well would realize that.

The funny part about your response is that we had the exact same exchange a few years ago about the Kyrie-led Celtics. And just like then, I'll tell you that flaws in the regular season are also flaws in the playoffs. And not being able to defend anyone, especially in the paint, is a pretty significant flaw.

You think someone who knew basketball so well would realize that.

Wake me up for Nets-Lakers.

I do think that if both the Lakers and Nets were healthy, that would been the Finals.

So many injuries this postseason. Only the Suns unscathed aside from CP3 in Covid protocol but I imagine he's back for Game 2.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Bump.

I was wrong about the Lakers but right about the Nets.

Yea, uh, the Lakers and Nets were both up 2-1 before losing AD and Kyrie, 2 of maybe the Top 10 players in the league. So I'm not sure what you think this proves. Neither team is anywhere near the same with those Hall of Fame players. Still no reason to watch the regular season. Woulda been Lakers/Nets if both were healthy. Goes to show you how good the Nets were as they nearly beat the Bucks WITHOUT Kyrie.

Next year, especially in the West, I do not think this is the case at all. Nuggets, Suns, Clippers, Lakers, Warriors, Mavericks, Jazz, Grizzlies... A lot of very compelling teams. Hell, even the East as the Hawks mature, Bucks gain confidence, Sixers retool... It's very interesting. West is just nuts though.

Due to injuries, great to see some fresh faces and franchises in the final four here this season.

Also, this is kind of silly because if you only care about who's gonna play in the championship or late rounds of the playoffs, there's literally zero reason to watch the regular season of any sport. Like... Zero.

Reactions: Ski11585
Yea, uh, the Lakers and Nets were both up 2-1 before losing AD and Kyrie, 2 of maybe the Top 10 players in the league. So I'm not sure what you think this proves. Neither team is anywhere near the same with those Hall of Fame players. Still no reason to watch the regular season. Woulda been Lakers/Nets if both were healthy. Goes to show you how good the Nets were as they nearly beat the Bucks WITHOUT Kyrie.
You were wrong. Roster construction matters. The Nets lacked depth. The next correct observation you make about the NBA will be your first.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
No I wasn't. Both lost HOF players. You aren't replacing that no matter what.
Because they sacrificed depth. You were wrong. You can’t dispute that. Just like your Celtics prediction from a few years ago or your terrible scouting of college player’s pro prospects.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Because they sacrificed depth. You were wrong. You can’t dispute that. Just like your Celtics prediction from a few years ago or your terrible scouting of college player’s pro prospects.
And if they took Brad instead of Kyrie, I wouldn't have said they were a lock. Any prediction is based on HOF players staying healthy. Who was the last team to win an NBA title with a HOF player on the injured list? Has it ever been done? I can't remember any.

Not sure who has lost one but imagine teams without have made it. Did the Nets have any back when they'd lose to the Lakers? Magic when they lost to the Lakers? I did no research here so maybe they do... I'm sure there are more examples.

Not sure who has lost one but imagine teams without have made it. Did the Nets have any back when they'd lose to the Lakers? Magic when they lost to the Lakers? I did no research here so maybe they do... I'm sure there are more examples.

I'm not clear on what you're asking.

I'm not clear on what you're asking.
Did the Nets have any HoF players when they lost to the Lakers in the 2000s? I didn't dbt think so but maybe Jason Kidd? Heck, not sure the Pistons team that beat the Lakers had any...

As in, I'm agreeing you. I think teams have definitely made the Finals without a HoF player.

Did the Nets have any HoF players when they lost to the Lakers in the 2000s? I didn't dbt think so but maybe Jason Kidd? Heck, not sure the Pistons team that beat the Lakers had any...

As in, I'm agreeing you. I think teams have definitely made the Finals without a HoF player.
Jason Kidd is in the Hall, I think Ben Wallace is for the Pistons, too lazy to look it up though. I don't recall injuries to either affecting the finals, but could certainly be wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
With James Harden going to Brooklyn, the NBA Finals are now set. Lakers vs Nets. I will definitely watch that but it renders everything up until then meaningless.

This is a hard trade to figure out, maybe one of you NBA guys can break it down. I know Harden was unhappy in Houston but they gave him for bench players plus a few of the Nets 1st Round Draft picks which will probably be in the high 20s.
😂🤣😅

Didn't the Warriors just recently make the Finals without Durant playing essentially at all until the Finals then he promptly got injured in the Finals? Or, does that not count because they have Stepth, Klay, Iggy and Draymond?

Kidd is one of the best PGs of all time and was in his prime. Kmart was an absolute beast. That team was very solid.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
Didn't the Warriors just recently make the Finals without Durant playing essentially at all until the Finals then he promptly got injured in the Finals? Or, does that not count because they have Stepth, Klay, Iggy and Draymond?

I don't know if that counts, you'd have to ask Sean Miller Fan, his rules work like string theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski11585
I guess that Magic team that lost to the Lakers in 5 is the closest example I can think of but Howard might be a HoF guy eventually.

I guess that Magic team that lost to the Lakers in 5 is the closest example I can think of but Howard might be a HoF guy eventually.
I don't know if that counts, you'd have to ask Sean Miller Fan, his rules work like string theory.
A quick search shows Howard and KD both played in their conference finals. What games did their teams win without them?

A quick search shows Howard and KD both played in their conference finals. What games did their teams win without them?

No idea with Howard, I think KD missed time when they beat Houston in the con finals, then got hurt again in the finals against the Cavs.

Howard might not be a HoF player. His team advanced to the Finals before losing in 5 to the Lakers. I didn't mean Howard sustained injury, I meant a team advanced all the way to the Finals potentially without a HoF player.

Durant was inactive the entire West Finals when the Warriors swept the Blazers in 2019. Houston was the series prior. He missed only Game 6 in that series. Warriors eventually lost to the Raptors.

Is Butler a surefire HoF player? Heat made the Finals last year in the bubble. Potentially a team there with no HoF contributing in a big way.

Last edited:
Jason Kidd is in the Hall, I think Ben Wallace is for the Pistons, too lazy to look it up though. I don't recall injuries to either affecting the finals, but could certainly be wrong.
Ben Wallace is getting inducted in the next class I believe.
Howard is a HOF lock.

Howard might not be a HoF player. His team advanced to the Finals before losing in 5 to the Lakers. I didn't mean Howard sustained injury, I meant a team advanced all the way to the Finals potentially without a HoF player.

Durant was inactive the entire West Finals when the Warriors swept the Blazers in 2019. Houston was the series prior. He missed only Game 6 in that series. Warriors eventually lost to the Raptors.

You're right, I forgot about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT