ADVERTISEMENT

Bub

Just have to enjoy the rest of the season with Bub on the team. Cant hope he only plays mediocre in hope he comes back next hear. Lets see him go play at a very high level, make the tourney and win a game or two..

So three more than in November.

Post had declared last year. But in all seriousness, does he participate in senior night for recognition?

Last edited:
I had mixed emotions watching him play Saturday . Like everyone else on here we’d like him back here next season , but the combination of skills and size and the fact that he’s so young has to be so tempting for someone to take him with a lottery pick. He hasn’t scratched the surface of his abilities and his best ball is ahead of him . Draft him now and show some patience , allow him to mature and eventually you’ll have a perennial All Star guard .

This is the type of kid who should take advantage of NIL for a year. This is a weaker class but given his age, he’s going to get stuck in the G League if he goes after this season. Not that I have faith that we’d come up with the right dollar figure or be able to fight off the vultures, but it seems like NIL was made for situations like this where, after another year, you could be talking about a lottery pick

I think the kid will surely be an NBa talent but I can’t see him contributing much in the NBA next year if he were to get drafted He still needs to get a lot stronger and get much better and going strong to the hoop and finishing.

Will be interesting to see what ultimately happens Seems like a great kid

I think the kid will surely be an NBa talent but I can’t see him contributing much in the NBA next year if he were to get drafted He still needs to get a lot stronger and get much better and going strong to the hoop and finishing.

Will be interesting to see what ultimately happens Seems like a great kid
Would be a perfect late round pick for a contender. Someone they can bring along slowly and develop but not have to rely on early. If someone like the Thunder could grab him and stash him would be perfect fit for them over another Euro lottery ticket. I don't think his game translates well to the NBA, but that is just my opinion.

Reactions: 303vND and pittbb80
Would be a perfect late round pick for a contender. Someone they can bring along slowly and develop but not have to rely on early. If someone like the Thunder could grab him and stash him would be perfect fit for them over another Euro lottery ticket. I don't think his game translates well to the NBA, but that is just my opinion.
Perfect late round pick for a contender, eh?

Totally unrelated, I’m sure, that Brad Stevens and Sam Cassell were both in attendance on Saturday.

The thing with him is he's so young that you cant afford to not take him as a late 1st Round contender. Its like drafting a HS player based on his age but one that has produced at the ACC level. He has elite handle and will be NBA elite at the midrange. Great size. Not a great 3 point shooter but that comes with age. Not NBA-elite quick but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I think Capel knows. Hatthorn said something like next year you'll have a Beebah and a Bub and Capel laughed and said "hopefully."

The thing with him is he's so young that you cant afford to not take him as a late 1st Round contender. Its like drafting a HS player based on his age but one that has produced at the ACC level. He has elite handle and will be NBA elite at the midrange. Great size. Not a great 3 point shooter but that comes with age. Not NBA-elite quick but the positives far outweigh the negatives.

I think Capel knows. Hatthorn said something like next year you'll have a Beebah and a Bub and Capel laughed and said "hopefully."
Lowe is also going to be highly recruited with NIL. I think if Pitt can retain him, and Bubs stays in college, that would be a good chance that Bubs stays also.

Lowe is also going to be highly recruited with NIL. I think if Pitt can retain him, and Bubs stays in college, that would be a good chance that Bubs stays also.
Unless he's homesick or Duke comes to grab him, I can't imagine why Lowe would leave. He has everything he could want here and if Bub leaves is gonna get a pretty big bag. But kids will be kids.

I'd almost think there's a better chance he leaves if he feels slighted by the size of bag used to retain Bub.

Yeah if I am Lowe’s dad, I see my son being developed and leading the team to the tourney. If they had finished 3-17, then I could see it, but with the supposed relationship the family already has, Capel basically cemented, trust me to do right by your kid. That’s not to say money doesn’t talk, but I would hope Pitt can match or come near the ball park.

Unless he's homesick or Duke comes to grab him, I can't imagine why Lowe would leave. He has everything he could want here and if Bub leaves is gonna get a pretty big bag. But kids will be kids.

I'd almost think there's a better chance he leaves if he feels slighted by the size of bag used to retain Bub.

I have said this before but if Pitt loses a player due to NIL then cancel Alliance 412. We arent talking a lot of money. $300K? That's nothing. Now if he is homesick and wants to go to Houston or Texas A&M then ok. Or if he wants to prestige of playing at Kentucky or Kansas or Duke, fine. But if he takes a bag to go to Alabama or Arkansas, then shut down Alliance 412.

Yeah. He doesn’t seem to be an explosive athlete and he’s not greats attacking the rim. Thats why I think another year of seasoning could help him round out his game

All this pre draft talk is just that. How many times have we seen a kid be projected in the first round and fall to the second or not even get drafted. For sure it will be intersting to see what actually happens

Yeah. He doesn’t seem to be an explosive athlete and he’s not greats attacking the rim. Thats why I think another year of seasoning could help him round out his game

All this pre draft talk is just that. How many times have we seen a kid be projected in the first round and fall to the second or not even get drafted. For sure it will be intersting to see what actually happens
His stock will get worse every year. Part of his allure is that he’s so young and they will think he’s missing the boat if he comes back got college development unless he’s light years better next year which would be hard for him to do.

His stock will get worse every year. Part of his allure is that he’s so young and they will think he’s missing the boat if he comes back got college development unless he’s light years better next year which would be hard for him to do.

He can increase his 3 point shooting percentage a lot and he has the past track record and ability to do so.

Cam Johnson did. And you saw the results. And Carrington is way younger than Cam Johnson as the former was a 5th year senior at UNC.

If Bub increase his 3 point shooting percentage substantially next year, his draft stock would, not could, would, rapidly improve than being a fringe late 1st round / 2nd round pick. And there is a huge difference between lotto pick and 2nd round.

I mean what is really the difference between 10 mil at pick 1 and 2 million at pick 30. You only get 600k more at pick 20 and then like 100-200k more each slot until top 7 and it really increases. The only way it makes sense is if he would be a guaranteed lottery pick.

He can increase his 3 point shooting percentage a lot and he has the past track record and ability to do so.

Cam Johnson did. And you saw the results. And Carrington is way younger than Cam Johnson as the former was a 5th year senior at UNC.

If Bub increase his 3 point shooting percentage substantially next year, his draft stock would, not could, would, rapidly improve than being a fringe late 1st round / 2nd round pick. And there is a huge difference between lotto pick and 2nd round.
Oh thanks. I’ve never trained a lottery pick before and watch his stock tank, despite putting up better numbers, from being convinced to go back for a sophomore season.

If they think his shot is fine, they’ll draft him on potential and don’t give a shit if he shoots higher percentage next year. The more likely scenario is he doesn’t gain enough weight, athleticism which is what is actually missing for him to be a lotto pick right now not his shooting.

Oh thanks. I’ve never trained a lottery pick before and watch his stock tank, despite putting up better numbers, from being convinced to go back for a sophomore season.

If they think his shot is fine, they’ll draft him on potential and don’t give a shit if he shoots higher percentage next year. The more likely scenario is he doesn’t gain enough weight, athleticism which is what is actually missing for him to be a lotto pick right now not his shooting.

Cam Johnson was a lotto pick and drafted 11th. And he is at best an average athlete. And Johnson was 23 or 24 when he got drafted.

I know Bub has NBA potential. But the NBA draft is two rounds. Is he such a sure thing that a team would use a draft pick on him and stash him for 2 years or so? He obviously needs to mature physically and get stronger. Would that be worth bypassing a player who might be ready to help immediately? This isn't a Steven Adams situation. Adams was ready physically, and guys like him are a lot less plentiful than a guy like Bub.

I know Bub has NBA potential. But the NBA draft is two rounds. Is he such a sure thing that a team would use a draft pick on him and stash him for 2 years or so? He obviously needs to mature physically and get stronger. Would that be worth bypassing a player who might be ready to help immediately? This isn't a Steven Adams situation. Adams was ready physically, and guys like him are a lot less plentiful than a guy like Bub.

That's on Carrington to decide.

If I was him, I would 100% come back to college (unless I was a lotto pick) and bet on myself to fix my shot selection and 3 point shooting percentage.

This is not a situation like Dominic James and Chris Thomas where the 2 ruined their NBA draft futures by coming back. The situations arent even close.

Carrington was one of the youngest players in all of D1 and can take things to a whole new level with 1 more year in terms of his draft stock. He could still do that this year if he finishes the year really strong.

Regarding what the NBA will do, they draft all kinds of players for all kinds of reasons. Many people were surprised with how high Cam Johnson went for example. There are too many wannabe experts when it comes to draft stock like the Mel Kipers of the world who think they know where every player is going to get drafted or should get drafted.

Cam Johnson was a lotto pick and drafted 11th. And he is at best an average athlete. And Johnson was 23 or 24 when he got drafted.
He’s a 6’9 shooter, was drafted by the guy who recruited him at Marist and wanted to vindicate himself by being his only offered him besides Jamie. Congrats on picking the worst possible example. If Bub is a first rounder, he needs to go. As any kid who is a first rounder needs to.

He's so young that coming back wouldn't be a knock on him in the next draft as he would be a similar age to other Freshman at least. Small factor, but still something to consider.

Reactions: FireballZ
The fear from his standpoint is if he doesn't improve much next year. His stock could drop.
When you watch him play what about his game could you possibly be worried about not improving ?

The kid is special and will only improve plus he’ll be physically stronger next yr . The arrow is pointing up .

The only risk is injury which can be protected with insurance.

I think Bub is probably a first round pick and projects relatively well to the NBA. He has good size for a point guard (which he projects to be in the NBA) and elite scoring & playmaking abilities off the PnR, largely due to his strong shooting off the dribble in the mid-range and from three. His shooting mechanics project him to be a very good shooter off the catch as well, allowing him to play off the ball - at 6'5 and with his defense, he can do that in the NBA.

Blake, on the other hand, is such an interesting prospect. He's 6'8 and is SUCH an elite shooter in every way - off the catch, off the dribble, standstill, off movement, he has range, he can shoot with a hand in his face. It's unreal, and I don't think Pitt fans truly appreciate how good of a shooter he is, considering his volume, efficiency, and the level of difficulty of the shots he's making. He's improved as a post player and driver but still isn't great in that area, BUT in today's NBA, he's a guy who's going to be strictly a shooter on offense. That's all teams will want from him offensively, and he is so elite in that area. I think his age makes him second round pick or UDFA, but I think he definitely ends up on an NBA roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT