ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Week Musings

pitt82

Freshman
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2001
1. Boy Did Larry Fedora blow that game yesterday. Up 7 late against a team that doesn't stop the run he decides to throw out of the WildCat late in the game deep in his own territory. Play is wide open but come on, receiver drops, have to punt then Cuse ties it. Then he gets ball back on an INT in Cuse territory but instead of running the ball to get better Field Position he throws three passes, three incomplete passes and FG kicker misses a long FG. Earlier in the game when his team is gashing Cuse he decides to throw a flea flicker for an INT. Don't get it.

2. Everyone seems to love this Duke QB Jones. I don't. He looks like an NFL QB in size and athleticism but he just is not that accurate and makes a ton of mistakes. Not sure why all the love.

3. Not much separating these teams in the Coastal. UVA while surprising with their defense and a QB whose dangerous with this athleticism but frankly I don't see anyone head and shoulders that's why I think every game is winnable and loseable. Not a ton of separation.

4. Last night's dismantling of Ohio State tells you all you need to know. Think that would ever happen to Bama? Maybe Bama gets pushed by LSU in Baton Rouge they are clearly the best team in the country. That qb for Bama makes some really crazy throws. Arm strength and accuracy is off the charts.

5. Anyone surprised that NCState 5-0 record was a mirage? Did they show up at Clemson?

6. Penn State was there to be had but Indiana just couldn't hang on to the ball. Penn State's D really is bad but with Ohio State losing and Michigan all of a sudden back in play it'll be interesting to see if Penn State's offense can dent the UM defense. And the UM offense is really not much of an offense which will help PSU. Curious how that game plays out but the Big Ten once again is just average.

7. It's really amazing to me that as good as our running game is how inept our passing is. I mean play action and playing off your running game should lead to some splash plays but it's not to be. Really hope the team utilizes the bye week to work on some passing schemes though not optimistic. There's a bunch of stuff that are just not clicking but surprised that we can't scheme better to open up some plays.

8. I think we beat Duke, lose at UVA, beat WF, beat VT lose at UM gets us to 6 wins and a bowl and close to what a lot of people expected. I think the lack of offense really is the issue as I expect the d to continue to play better.

Pitt82

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News