ADVERTISEMENT

CampbellLION, Prior Response To Be Fair!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
When I was responding to Camp-Lion apparently the Thread was deleted and I did not see Camp-Lion violate any rules in expressing his opinion. We were discussing Hot Seat Issues, and agreeing and disagreeing, and Camp-Lion was being fair too. In my opinion, sharing his own views.

Many on BWI are banned so I posted this as a proper response to Camp-Lion points which are not all wrong in my view, but we were sharing learning together with air Posters!

If the Monitors or some Lair Posters saw it differently or think this inappropriate it, so be it. I am sure Camp-Lion would agree too, it is the Monitors ball and Panther-Lair's Backyard we come to post and learn on those terms

"CampbellLION, post: 1653301, member: 6354"]It doesn't matter how many websites or reporters claim he is on the hot seat,
I Agree to Disagree, and it does matter, and that happens to many coaches every week. No one can stop the Sports Media looking cause controversy, and Kelly, Strong, Helton, and many Coaches get it every year too!

he is only truly on the hot seat if the AD and President think he is, and according to them he was never in danger of being fired after this season.
Well, you partly right and partly wrong. AD Barbour made Franklin hold a PC before the MSU Game in 2015 and he kept explaining to many Skeptical Reporters Question he has a Loyal Solid Staff and a Plan to Win but it will take time. It was on PSU Rival's and you should be able to find it word by word. Later, on Monday he fired OC Donovan, and then later lost DC & OLC too. Later he hired New OC, promoted New DC Pry, OLC, & DBC, and all got 2 Year Contracts by PSU? So much for Loyal Staff!

Even Franklin has said he made mistakes with his Over Blown Bravado in 2014 that that caused High Expectations, and Franklin's behavior was replaced with more quiet Demeanor! In addition, many Former Players like Todd Blackledge did say after the MSU game, he had concerns how PSU was coached.

I agree, Barbour supported him on Big Ten Media Day and gave him a big vote of Confidence before OSU Game, and I think he will have an Extension this year on top of it! Also, earlier after OSU Game his name was removed from most if not all Hot Seat Media Lists.

Same thing with Narduzzi, he may start showing up on coaching hot seat lists but it's all BS. Those reporters have no inside knowledge and just throw names out there. Narduzzi isn't going to be fired this year or next.
Well, part right and tad wrong, he got an Extension in 2015, so did Dantonio, Ferentz, and some others. When Narduzzi names shows up I have no problem with anyone putting it up! It is part of the CFB game, last week Richt's name mention. USC Helton's after he lost his 2nd game,Kelly now and he got an Extension last week.

Do you actually think a coach is on the hot seat just because ESPN or Mike Ferrell thinks they are?
Yeah many times, and I can agree with you not all the time. However, I think when they start writing Articles it starts the slow process of undermining that Coach and sooner or later that Coach has to win more or other Coaches will use those Articles and Recruits all of sudden may start second guessing?

Meyer's, Harbaugh, Rhule, Narduzzi, & Kelly prevented and actually flipped and took a few Recruits from PSU at the close of last year, just like Franklin did to Vandy, Rutgers, Pitt, and Temple too the year before?

Right now USC's Helton is killing off UCLA's Mora recruits when Mora was snapping up USC Recruits including Snoop Dog Son a few years back?

But please send me links that have proof that Franklin iwas actually on the hot seat and aren't just that writer's opinion.
Nope, you do it, go look them up, just because I know it, it is you that has to learn it. I follow all 3 Programs! Holgrosen has been on the Hot seat the last 3 years.

a few last year in 2015, and it grew bigger earlier in 2016, and especially on Big Ten Media Day when Franklin talked about Negative Recruiting and really bigger after Pitt & Michigan Losses! and it started on PENNLIVE and many at PSU had rumblings on Franklin prior to him beating OSU where he has been removed? BUT he does need an EXTENSION and has earned it! Don't you agree?

Franklin and the AD have a great relationship and there was never any waivering in her support of Franklin.
You are wrong on that, anytime anyone says "NEVER" or "ALWAYS" is taught on SAT MCATS, & LSAT Test that is the wrong answer on all tests, so I cannot agree with you. I don't say this above to shame you, just sharing what Experts teach when taking Prep courses for Exams. Barbour had quiet concerns last year and earlier this year and Franklin took steps to correct his Bravado and Staffing, and it is paying off now.

Go back and read what was said by Barbour before and after the MSU game last year, and the 2 year Contracts on New Assistants along with NO EXTENSION by Barbour so far, is better proof that "NEVER" was right either. Many Vocal PSu Alumni Boosters expressed concerns to her and Barron.

However, I do agree when Franklin did complain about Negative Recruiting, Barbour joined in and together outright showed unity, and I might add, Barbour praised Franklin on how Great Franklin has been with all the New NCAA Monitor Athletic Integrity Compliance Policies & Procedures in place, and Franklin accepts them. Why I support the ending of calling Penn State being tagged PEDU. Just being fair!

Sorry, to tell other Fans that was cleaned up in 2012, NCAA reduced sanctions, and the recent Clery Act Investigation praised those changes too even while doling out largest US Fines. Franklin was not even here and was burden by them, but has overcome them as this year shows too. Athletic Integrity is now in place at Penn State and there is by far less debate about that, even if some Cultists remain fateful towards their own University !

She understands that PSU's fourth and fifth year players were the classes most impacted by the sanctions and the third year players are the recruiting class that Franklin put together in just over a month. He needed time for his players to mature and he has us playing at a high level a year ahead of schedule.
Again, agree, but many PSU Posters here said it would take until 2017 and 2018 for that to happen, you have to be fair too, PSU Boosters, Alumni, Fans, & Posters were part of Franklin's earlier critics, doubts, and tenure just like they complained about O'Brien.

The Hot Seat Talk starts at the University Stadium and begins by its own Fans, and the Media picks up on it. Kelly at ND is going through it now, so was Ferentz before last year, and it is back on Dantonio, Strong, Mora, right now? Les Miles removal proved it too!

Only Three Ways To End Or Challenge Warm or Hot Seat Media Stories:
1. The Coach WINS More Games! (Ends Debate & Rumors)
2. Give The Coach An Extension! (Temporary Fix & Time Saving Grace)
3. Fired The Coach! (Ends All Debates Media Crows They Were Right?)

Franklin is doing #1 right now, and Barbour should do #2 soon too, and #3 is off the table, but Franklin can really enhance his recruiting with an Extension in my opinion and take advantage of Michigan & OSU, & MSU this year too.

Many PSU BWI Posters have their own Mea Culpa's so far not seen on BWI Boards. They absolutely have been merciless on their own Alma Mater and the great people responsible to clean up the prior Penn State Program Scandal under the NCAA Monitor Penn State 2012 Reforms & Franklin hiring too!

Remember, it was Former Penn State President Dr. Erickson, Former Athletic Director Dr. Joyner, MarshCreek, Trustees, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer Regis Becker, and Athletic Integrity Officer Julie A. Del Giorno that found, interviewed an approved of James Franklin to become Head Coach at Penn State.

So, nothing on the Panther-Lair compares to what many posted on BWI against Penn State, and you should acknowledge that too, to be fair!

PENN STATE 2012 REFORMS LINK:
http://universityethics.psu.edu/

Last edited:
Reactions: Nihilist Rodgers
When I was responding to Camp-Lion apparently the Thread was deleted and I did not see Camp-Lion violate any rules in expressing his opinion. We were discussing Hot Seat Issues, and agreeing and disagreeing, and Camp-Lion was being fair too. in my opinion, sharing his own views.many on BWI are banned so i posted this as a proper response to Camp-Lion points which are not all wrong in my view, but we weer sharing learning together with air Posters! If the Monitors or some Lair Posters saw it differently or think this in appropriate it, so be it. I am sure Camp-Lion would agree too, it is the Monitors ball and Panther-Lair's Backyard we come to post and learn on those terms

"CampbellLION, post: 1653301, member: 6354"]It doesn't matter how many websites or reporters claim he is on the hot seat,
I Agree to Disagree, and it does matter, and that happens to many coaches every week. No one can stop the Sports Media looking cause controversy, and Kelly, Strong, Helton, and many Coaches get it every year too!

he is only truly on the hot seat if the AD and President think he is, and according to them he was never in danger of being fired after this season.
Well, you partly right and partly wrong. AD Barbour made Franklin hold a PC before the MSU Game in 2015 and he kept explaining to many Skeptical Reporters Question he has a Loyal Solid Staff and a Plan to Win but it will take time. It was on PSU Rival's and you should be able to find it word by word. Later, on Monday he fired OC Donovan, and then later lost DC & OLC too. Later he hired New OC, promoted New Dc, OLC, & DBC, and all got 2 Year Contracts by PSU? So much for Loyal Staff!

Even Franklin has said he made mistakes with his Over Blown Bravado in 2014 that that caused High Expectations, and Franklin's behavior was replaced with more quiet Demeanor!
In addition, many Former Players like Todd Blackledge did say after the MSU game, he had concerns how PSU was coached.

I agree, Barbour supported him on Big Ten Media Day and gave him a big vote of Confidence before OSU Game, and I think he will have an Extension this year on top of it! Also, earlier after OSU Game his name was removed from most if not all Hot Seat Media Lists.

Same thing with Narduzzi, he may start showing up on coaching hot seat lists but it's all BS. Those reporters have no inside knowledge and just throw names out there. Narduzzi isn't going to be fired this year or next.
Well, part right and tad wrong, he got an Extension in 2015, so did Dantonio, Ferentz, and some others. When Narduzzi names shows up I have no problem with anyone putting it up! It is part of the CFB game, last week Richt's name mention. USC Helton's after he lost his 2nd game,Kelly now and he got an Extension last week.

Do you actually think a coach is on the hot seat just because ESPN or Mike Ferrell thinks they are?
Yeah many times, and I can agree with you not all the time. However, I think when they start writing Articles it starts the slow process of undermining that Coach and sooner or later that Coach has to win more or other Coaches will use those Articles and Recruits all of sudden may start second guessing?

Meyer's, Harbaugh, Rhule, Narduzzi, & Kelly prevented and actually flipped and took a few Recruits from PSU at the close of last year, just like Franklin did to Vandy, Rutgers, Pitt, and Temple too the year before?

Right now USC's Helton is killing off UCLA's Mora recruits when Mora was snapping up USC Recruits including Snoop Dog Son a few years back?

But please send me links that have proof that Franklin iwas actually on the hot seat and aren't just that writer's opinion.
Nope, you do it, go look them up, just because I know it, it is you that has to learn it. I follow all 3 Programs! Holgrosen has been on the Hot seat the last 3 years.

a few last year in 2015, and it grew bigger earlier in 2016, and especially on Big Ten Media Day when Franklin talked about Negative Recruiting and really bigger after Pitt & Michigan Losses! and it started on PENNLIVE and many at PSU had rumblings on Franklin prior to him beating OSU where he has been removed? BUT he does need an EXTENSION and has earned it! Don't you agree?

Franklin and the AD have a great relationship and there was never any waivering in her support of Franklin.
You are wrong on that, anytime anyone says "NEVER" or "ALWAYS" is taught on SAT MCATS, & LSAT Test that is the wrong answer on all tests, so I cannot agree with you. I don't say this above to shame you, just sharing what Experts teach when taking Prep courses for Exams. Barbour had quiet concerns last year and earlier this year and Franklin took steps to correct his Bravado and Staffing, and it is paying off now.

Go back and read what was said by Barbour before and after the MSU game last year, and the 2 year Contracts on New Assistants along with NO EXTENSION by Barbour so far, is better proof that "NEVER" was right either. Many Vocal PSu Alumni Boosters expressed concerns to her and Barron.

However, I do agree when Franklin did complain about Negative Recruiting, Barbour joined in and together outright showed unity, and I might add, Barbour praised Franklin on how Great Franklin has been with all the New NCAA Monitor Athletic Integrity Compliance Policies & Procedures in place, and Franklin accepts them. Why I support the ending of calling Penn State being tagged PEDU. Just being fair!

Sorry, to tell other Fans that was cleaned up in 2012, NCAA reduced sanctions, and the recent Clery Act Investigation praised those changes too even while doling out largest US Fines. Franklin was not even here and was burden by them, but has overcome them as this year shows too. Athletic Integrity is now in place at Penn State and there is by far less debate about that, even if some Cultists remain fateful towards their own University !

She understands that PSU's fourth and fifth year players were the classes most impacted by the sanctions and the third year players are the recruiting class that Franklin put together in just over a month. He needed time for his players to mature and he has us playing at a high level a year ahead of schedule.
Again, agree, but many PSU Posters here said it would take until 2017 and 2018 for that to happen, you have to be fair too, PSU Boosters, Alumni, Fans, & Posters were part of Franklin's earlier critics, doubts, and tenure just like they complained about O'Brien.

The Hot Seat Talk starts at the University Stadium and begins by its own Fans, and the Media picks up on it. Kelly at ND is going through it now, so was Ferentz before last year, and it is back on Dantonio, Strong, Mora, right now? Les Miles removal proved it too!

Only Three Ways To End Or Challenge Warm or Hot Seat Media Stories:
1. The Coach WINS More Games! (Ends Debate & Rumors)
2. Give The Coach An Extension! (Temporary Fix & Time Saving Grace)
3. Fired The Coach! (Ends All Debates Media Crows They Were Right?)

Franklin is doing #1 right now, and Barbour should do #2 soon too, and #3 is off the table, but Franklin can really enhance his recruiting with an Extension in my opinion and take advantage of Michigan & OSU, & MSU this year too.

Many PSU BWI Posters have their own Mea Culpa's so far not seen on BWI Boards. They absolutely have been merciless on their own Alma Mater and the great people responsible to clean up the prior Penn State Program Scandal under the NCAA Monitor Penn State 2012 Reforms & Franklin hiring too!

Remember, it was Former Penn State President Dr. Erickson, Former Athletic Director Dr. Joyner, MarshCreek, Trustees, Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer Regis Becker, and Athletic Integrity Officer Julie A. Del Giorno that found, interviewed an approved of James Franklin to become Head Coach at Penn State.

So, nothing on the Panther-Lair compares to what many posted on BWI against Penn State, and you should acknowledge that too, to be fair!

PENN STATE 2012 REFORMS LINK:
http://universityethics.psu.edu/
Cap'n - just to correct Kelly received a big extension in January 2016 not last week. What happened a week ago was the ND AD issued the always cringe-worthy "vote of confidence" quote and to Kelly's credit he acknowledged how that upset him, because well......it makes most casual fans cringe.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
"pitt-girl, post: 1653656, member: 1616"]Cap'n - just to correct Kelly received a big extension in January 2016 not last week. What happened a week ago was the ND AD issued the always cringe-worthy "vote of confidence" quote and to Kelly's credit he acknowledged how that upset him, because well......it makes most casual fans cringe.[/QUOTE]
Damn I Stand Corrected, USC Friends told me he was given an Extension. She gets it wrongs often since she favors her son that went to USC, but her Husband favors his Daughter that went to ND. Thank you for that corrections, I called her a few minutes ago, she said she heard it on ESPN??? From now on I will Fact Check her!

Between those 4 discussing Football, it always turns into a big debate worth watching and compares to PSU-PITT, or WVU-PITT versus USC-ND???? But they invite to me to both games during the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: pitt-girl
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT