ADVERTISEMENT

Can Pitt’s Offense Score Enough Points

taylorpitt1

Scholarship
Gold Member
Nov 17, 2009
In the Second Halves’ to win games.
We are 4th nationally in sacks, 4.5 per game, and 16 players have recorded them.
Since last year Pitt has held the opposing team to under it’s season average in points and yards, 8 times in a row.

Listen last year we only had a run game and won the coastal but got blown out by better competition, minus the ND game.

Pickett is looking better and better while Whipple is the best assistant Pat has ever had.
The team is getting better. We are 2-2 against the 5th toughest Schedule Nationally, through 4 games (Thank you Stevie P)

We are hanging in games and almost always in them late in the fourth quarter. (I still believe we would have given Clemson a game If our offense didn’t implode and set them up for easy scores )
Miami game, I still don’t understand. A very poor performance, like they knew the Coastal was already theirs and the game really didn’t matter)

I’m hearing through the Power 5 Head Coaches I know that people don’t want to play us in the sense that they know Pat Narduzzi plays a physical style of football, and we are not an easy W. I mean Penn State flat out refused to continue the # unrivalled because we play tough.

Pitt is turning a corner. We have talent all over the D. Changing offensive coordinators really hurt us when the ACC moved Delaware. Those 2 games could have different results if we had a warm up first I believe.
After the Penn State game there were a lot of fire Narduzzi but nobody was questing Pickett. With the right coaching and system he will continue to grow. He is a natural leader and tough.

I really thought Nardog would have lost the team after his indefensible decision not to go for it.
If I were a leader of that team, I would have demanded he listen to how that made the players feel by not going for the TD? I just don’t know if I will ever trust Narduzzi ever again after that call. It is the worst demonstration of leadership in Pitt athletics since Nordenberg / Peterson tore down the football stadium. I really lost all faith in him.

But the kids seem to like him, they play very hard, he runs a clean program and has some financial support finally from the administration. Could he have a Michigan State like run out of the coastal? Of Course....Pitt getting 8-9 occasionally 10 wins a year and being in contention for the coastal every 2-3 years. Ranked 18-25....Absolutely.

I mean he can’t beat North Carolina, which could get you fired from other jobs, but if he can make effective half time adjustments and actually get Kenny Pickett to throw a TD in either quarters 3 or 4, which he hasn’t done since Wake Forrest. They could have that type of year. The problem is that I don’t see 2 losses on UVa’s Schedule. Maybe Miami and North Carolina, but that’s assuming we beat Mack Brown.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News