ADVERTISEMENT

Can Pitt win NIT

jimmoyer

Freshman
Gold Member
Mar 27, 2007
Look guys, the chances of us getting a tournament bid at large is slim. None of us really expected a tournament run out of this team when season started.
How about we turn our attention on making a big NIT run to set up next year. Either way, this Pitt team is fun to watch and worthy of the fans support. What impact does a strong NIT run have on next season versus squeaking out a bid and getting knocked out early.
I believe these guys play hard and have great potential. Let’s hope everyone comes back and Capel can add a big along with Cummings and make a serious run next year. Hail to Pitt!!!

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Look guys, the chances of us getting a tournament bid at large is slim. None of us really expected a tournament run out of this team when season started.
How about we turn our attention on making a big NIT run to set up next year. Either way, this Pitt team is fun to watch and worthy of the fans support. What impact does a strong NIT run have on next season versus squeaking out a bid and getting knocked out early.
I believe these guys play hard and have great potential. Let’s hope everyone comes back and Capel can add a big along with Cummings and make a serious run next year. Hail to Pitt!!!
I plan on going, but it doesn’t mean anything.

Bubble teams that go to the NIT are often like that Oklahoma team that lost to Boise State. Wouldn't have happened in 50 chances if they actually wanted to be there. So who knows what version of Pitt would show up? They should have offered refunds and apologies on the way out to all of us who attended that GW game. I've never seen a team exert less effort.

Bubble teams that go to the NIT are often like that Oklahoma team that lost to Boise State. Wouldn't have happened in 50 chances if they actually wanted to be there. So who knows what version of Pitt would show up? They should have offered refunds and apologies on the way out to all of us who attended that GW game. I've never seen a team exert less effort.

I just remembered that game when you mentioned it. That was so disappointing. That was one of the low points since I've been going to these games.

Now that the NIT will have some better teams than many going to the NCAA, it will be more intense. Aren’t the finals in Vegas?

Another plus for Pitt in NIT is you know they will create a way for a Pitt vs PSU matchup. Maybe kicking the pedos ass will take some of the sting off this season.

Reactions: SteelBowl70
Another plus for Pitt in NIT is you know they will create a way for a Pitt vs PSU matchup. Maybe kicking the pedos ass will take some of the sting off this season.
UPS went 16-17. I’d look for a Duquesne vs Pitt matchup if they lose tomorrow.

how hard will it be to get tickets to an NIT game at the Pete??
Not hard. When we played GW, everyone sat in the lower bowl. Now, if Duquesne is the matchup, tickets might be a little tougher but still fully attainable.

Not hard. When we played GW, everyone sat in the lower bowl. Now, if Duquesne is the matchup, tickets might be a little tougher but still fully attainable.
I hope people show more for Bub and Hinson. Way more to like about this years squad,

We are a football school so let’s turn our attention to Narduzzi and company. Let’s go Pitt

We are a football school so let’s turn our attention to Narduzzi and company. Let’s go Pitt

Absolutely not! I'm in favor of redirecting the NIL that was supposed to be for the football team and using it to keep Bub and Jaland here. The football program is nothing more than mediocre and getting worse. They're an annoying distraction at best.

Sad, these guys GET PAID, still refuse to compete.
these guys always go paid...trust me, as I'm not that far removed from dishing out a sum into the six figures for my kid's Pitt education...

Absolutely not! I'm in favor of redirecting the NIL that was supposed to be for the football team and using it to keep Bub and Jaland here. The football program is nothing more than mediocre and getting worse. They're an annoying distraction at best.
Yeah right. A few years after winning the ACC, and 2 straight years of 9 or more wins? Which is the best stretch since the early 80s. Hopefully Pitt isnt as simple as some posters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT