ADVERTISEMENT

Can this kid be any good?

His record certainly does not show much, but some kids develop later.
The reason I ask: He is 4 -1 in the matches he has wrestled. His only loss was 10-11.

I know he is a walk on. I know he is not wresting the other teams starters. Hsi record is much better wrestling those people than recruits Michaels and Burnett.

The reason I ask: He is 4 -1 in the matches he has wrestled. His only loss was 10-11.

I know he is a walk on. I know he is not wresting the other teams starters. Hsi record is much better wrestling those people than recruits Michaels and Burnett.

Burnett has only wrestled twice. He lost to Navy starting 149, pretty sure that kid is ranked, and he beat Lehigh back up. Don’t know why he hasn’t wrestled since. Maybe injured. I think Michaels is also walk on. Lledo seems to have exciting style, lots of points, but technique is sloppy.

Burnett has only wrestled twice. He lost to Navy starting 149, pretty sure that kid is ranked, and he beat Lehigh back up. Don’t know why he hasn’t wrestled since. Maybe injured. I think Michaels is also walk on. Lledo seems to have exciting style, lots of points, but technique is sloppy.
Thanks for the reply.

I was not intentionally picking on those two, just pointing out he has a better record against same level competition than more highly regarded Panthers currently have.

Reactions: rooster75

I like Lledo's potential. Sloppy, as someone else mentioned, but he is really aggressive and a pinner. That kind of killer instinct is very hard to teach. Also seems to be a good athlete.

As far as how he compares to Burnett and Michaels, I think Lledo is behind Burnett but ahead of Michaels. Burnett has a stronger base and skill set right now, but I think their ceilings are pretty similar.

Michaels is a hard worker and scrappy AF, but his shot defense is poor and he relies on his scrambling too much. Also think he is a step behind the other two as an athlete.

But overall, Lledo and Petrucelli are my top 2 sleepers amongst the walk ons.

Reactions: singregardless
I like Lledo's potential. Sloppy, as someone else mentioned, but he is really aggressive and a pinner. That kind of killer instinct is very hard to teach. Also seems to be a good athlete.

As far as how he compares to Burnett and Michaels, I think Lledo is behind Burnett but ahead of Michaels. Burnett has a stronger base and skill set right now, but I think their ceilings are pretty similar.

Michaels is a hard worker and scrappy AF, but his shot defense is poor and he relies on his scrambling too much. Also think he is a step behind the other two as an athlete.

But overall, Lledo and Petrucelli are my top 2 sleepers amongst the walk ons.
Thanks for the reply.

What do you think of Cooley? should he be in the lineup instead of McGill? (At different weights)

McGill and Slinger seem very limited in what they can do to me, McGill needs to win on a tiny score. slinger can win only if he is significantly stronger.

Thanks for the reply.

What do you think of Cooley? should he be in the lineup instead of McGill? (At different weights)

McGill and Slinger seem very limited in what they can do to me, McGill needs to win on a tiny score. slinger can win only if he is significantly stronger.
Ive only seen Cooley twice but both times he looked very good. Hard to make much of a judgement but he seems like an all-around wrestler. Solid at everything. Physically strong looking.

I like McGill and think he has a lot of potential. He is quick, has good defense, and is good on top. He just doesnt have a very refined setup game on his feet. He needs more effective hand fighting to move his opponent to get clean shots. The ability is there though. Id put him in the Wentzel camp as far as potential goes. I can see him pushing top 10-15 by his junior year

Ive only seen Cooley twice but both times he looked very good. Hard to make much of a judgement but he seems like an all-around wrestler. Solid at everything. Physically strong looking.

I like McGill and think he has a lot of potential. He is quick, has good defense, and is good on top. He just doesnt have a very refined setup game on his feet. He needs more effective hand fighting to move his opponent to get clean shots. The ability is there though. Id put him in the Wentzel camp as far as potential goes. I can see him pushing top 10-15 by his junior year
Thanks got the reply

Cooley looked really good in the extra match tonight against UNC, but no idea who he wrestled. I couldn’t hear the announcer

Reactions: persp
I was thinking along the lines of if Harvey and Nino return to their old weights. Anything to make the lineup perform a little better
Can those two even make those weights?

Was the change made to benefit Nino over the team? (Assuming Nino could wrestle at. The lower weight)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT