ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree on one thing (Warning— PSU related)

Yes the Sandusky scandal set them back so far athletically they'll never recover.They're teams will be terrible because of the backlash from this.No elite football,basketball or wrestlers will go there and compete for that tainted school.Wvu and Pitt will both benefit from this catastrophe up there and pass them up in the rankings and leave those dirty cultists in our dust.

I am so glad that Pitt’s culture, leadership, coaches, alums and fan base are not the subject of an HBO feature film revealing the corruption and hypocrisy that is prevalent at certain major football schools.
Had we somehow kept Jackie Sherrill or hired Jerry Johnson back when they were asst coaches, we could have had one of these ESPN 30-30 specials on us similar to The U ones. imagine a rogue program with the financial backing of the Golden panthers led by Sherrill or Jerry Johnson? Yikes, that would have been fun.

Paterno covered up a Pedophile for four decades. Anyone who argues anything to oppose that should be ignored forever. As for their football team, it couldn’t capitalize and win anything meaningful while having a top 5 pick on your team for 3 years. And let’s be honest, if you aren’t in the playoff, it’s not meaningful. The longer Franklin goes recruiting well and never turning it into a playoff, the more he starts to look like Brady Hoke. With a brand new OC and no Barkley will take a step back this year.

Reactions: daminals76
The Penn State Scandal will live with them forever, and it should. Football fans of the school try to cover this up the shame, but it wont be.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
Paterno covered up a Pedophile for four decades. Anyone who argues anything to oppose that should be ignored forever. As for their football team, it couldn’t capitalize and win anything meaningful while having a top 5 pick on your team for 3 years. And let’s be honest, if you aren’t in the playoff, it’s not meaningful. The longer Franklin goes recruiting well and never turning it into a playoff, the more he starts to look like Brady Hoke. With a brand new OC and no Barkley will take a step back this year.

Ludlow...Don't be such a child. Like it or not, PSU won a Big 10 title had had Top 10 finishes the last two seasons. Based on your standard, why does Pitt (and 95% of all universities) field teams in any athletic teams? Hate all you want, but be intelligent about it.

Reactions: PSU2UNC and Pitt79
Ludlow...Don't be such a child. Like it or not, PSU won a Big 10 title had had Top 10 finishes the last two seasons. Based on your standard, why does Pitt (and 95% of all universities) field teams in any athletic teams? Hate all you want, but be intelligent about it.

I got a good laugh from the post. If Franklin is Brady Hoke, I’m not sure what that makes Narduzzi

Reactions: PSU2UNC
I am so glad that Pitt’s culture, leadership, coaches, alums and fan base are not the subject of an HBO feature film revealing the corruption and hypocrisy that is prevalent at certain major football schools.

I'd rather be corrupt, criminal thugs and GET PAID BIG MONEY AND LAUDED AS BLUE BLOODS AND HAVE MY ASS KISSED PERPETUALLY AS I COLLECT TROPHIES AND HONORS and of course take a few tiny slaps on the wrist and LAUGH AT THE LOSERS, like all the cheaters do!

Had we somehow kept Jackie Sherrill or hired Jerry Johnson back when they were asst coaches, we could have had one of these ESPN 30-30 specials on us similar to The U ones. imagine a rogue program with the financial backing of the Golden panthers led by Sherrill or Jerry Johnson? Yikes, that would have been fun.

That would have been AWESOME! It would have been so much better than the weak ass Pitt athletics we've seen since that time! It would have been something to be proud of!

Last edited:
Well.......Pitt has been amongst the worst athletic programs in the NCAA if you want to be proud of that. With the latest breaking news today, it is obvious that Pitt is starting to take athletics seriously. And that is a good thing.
Yes of course, the OP is one of these typical Pitt type posts, like "we are proud that we suck because we are clean choir boys"!

As for their football team, it couldn’t capitalize and win anything meaningful while having a top 5 pick on your team for 3 years. And let’s be honest, if you aren’t in the playoff, it’s not meaningful. The longer Franklin goes recruiting well and never turning it into a playoff, the more he starts to look like Brady Hoke. With a brand new OC and no Barkley will take a step back this year.

As for Pitt's football team, it couldn’t capitalize and win anything meaningful for like 35 years now, with literally a ton of 1st round NFL draft pick skill players! If you aren’t in the playoff, it’s not meaningful? So then Pitt will probably never be meaningful ever again is the very likely scenario!

Please don't make yourself look like an idiot and try to somehow make a case that Penn State isn't better than Pitt. LOL! Pitt fan all of my life, but of course NEVER A DELUSIONAL HOMER. Be for real.

Reactions: zardoz
I am very proud of my experience at Penn State and the education it provide me. I cheer on our football team, and feel no shame whatsoever in supporting them.

That would have been AWESOME! It would have been so much better than the weak ass Pitt athlectis we've seen since that time! It would have been something to be proud of!

Why do you follow pitt?

Why do you follow pitt?
Because I'm from the area, went to grad school at Pitt in the '80s, rooted for Pitt in the golden days '74-'84, Played high school football in Western PA vs. Marino etc. and others of that era. Lived in Shadyside for 7-8 years, while there went to about 90% of all Pitt football and basketball games, have ties to the university to this day, relatives and friends who work there some as professors, and yes, one inside the athletic department. So why exactly wouldn't I follow Pitt? EVERYTHING about me would indicate that I should be a Pitt fan. I'm just immersed in PITT, as a fan, for life. Just a TYPICAL Pitt person, from what I can see.

Last edited:
Because I'm from the area, went to grad school at Pitt in the '80s, rooted for Pitt in the golden days '74-'84, Played high school football in Western PA vs. Marino etc. and others of that era. Lived in Shadyside for 7-8 years, while there went to about 90% of all Pitt football and basketball games, have ties to the university to this day, relatives and friends who work there some as professors, and yes, one inside the athletic department. So why exactly wouldn't I follow Pitt? EVERYTHING about me would indicate that I should be a Pitt fan.

You just seem utterly miserable and if something like sports brings such grief into your life, I am curious why you continue to follow pitt

You just seem utterly miserable and if something like sports brings such grief into your life, I am curious why you continue to follow pitt

I don't where you get miserable? I feel HAPPIER to be honest about things. I watched every Pitt basketball game this year, and came away from it fine, I even enjoyed watching some of these crappy players have a good game, Me, I GET JOY from BLASTING THEM MERCILESSLY for sucking as much as they do, I am in no way near unhappy. I'm he type of person who roots for the same teams for life, even when they suck. But also the kind of person who when they suck, I always want to BLAST THEM and not be kind to them, hopefully they can turn around. There is no grief, the way I talk about Pitt when they suck IS FUN FOR ME.

I don't where you get miserable? I feel HAPPIER to be honest about things. I watched every Pitt basketball game this year, and came away from it fine, I even enjoyed watching some of these crappy players have a good game, Me, I GET JOY from BLASTING THEM MERCILESSLY for sucking as much as they do, I am in no way near unhappy. I'm he type of person who roots for the same teams for life, even when they suck. But also the kind of person who when they suck, I always want to BLAST THEM and not be kind to them, hopefully they can turn around. There is no grief, the way I talk about Pitt when they suck IS FUN FOR ME.

Do you have the same mentality with your daughters soccer teams or do they go undefeated and win state titles every year?

I am very proud of my experience at Penn State and the education it provide me. I cheer on our football team, and feel no shame whatsoever in supporting them.

Lol....because you and your 100K are shameless losers. Paterno dead (Thank Christ) and you still haven’t won anything of significance. The BIG10 championship doesn’t matter at all, I mean Ohio State didn’t play in it and was still selected to the playoff over you...lol

What do you get for those top 10 finishes? Lol

Do you have the same mentality with your daughters soccer teams or do they go undefeated and win state titles every year?

No, they went 1-13 last season, I enjoy every game whether they win or lose, just because my daughter plays and is actually a team captain. As soon as she graduates, I will never go to another game again, I'm a fan of hers and not the school as an entity. She scored a great goal against the state champs last year in a 6-1 loss, that was the highlight of the season! Loved that game.

The BIG10 championship doesn’t matter at all

It would be really cool if Pitt could win JUST ONE OUTRIGHT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP EVER in their history, they haven't won EVEN ONE yet..... NOT ONE.

It would be really cool if Pitt could win JUST ONE OUTRIGHT CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP EVER in their history, they haven't won EVEN ONE yet..... NOT ONE.

Without looking it up, who are the last 5 BIG10 Champions?

Without looking it up, who are the last 5 BIG10 Champions?
That's not relevant to anything. I'm sure some B1G fan knows, I'm sure if your team won, you'd remember. Quit being an idiot!

The last few years at least PENN STATE > PITT, quit being a pansy HOMER and admit it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT