ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree on one thing (Warning— PSU related)

Franklins first class that he took over for 1 month is still rated higher than any narduzzi classes. Narduzzi is going to have to step up recruiting or the talent gap will only get bigger

That's not relevant to anything. I'm sure some B1G fan knows, I'm sure if your team won, you'd remember. Quit being an idiot!

The last few years at least PENN STATE > PITT, quit being a pansy HOMER and admit it.

Ahhh....my point was that it’s not that important. It’s important to the fan base, and that’s it. In fairness, I can’t name the last 5 ACC champs. And I’m not being a homer, Franklin loses most of the tough games he is coaching, that’s a fact.

Franklins first class that he took over for 1 month is still rated higher than any narduzzi classes. Narduzzi is going to have to step up recruiting or the talent gap will only get bigger

No one cares. Why would Narduzzi care at all about Penn state’s class?

No one cares. Why would Narduzzi care at all about Penn state’s class?

Because those are the type of classes you need to compete for conference championships. Beating out Syracuse and Kentucky for recruits isn’t getting it done.

Ahhh....my point was that it’s not that important. It’s important to the fan base, and that’s it. In fairness, I can’t name the last 5 ACC champs. And I’m not being a homer, Franklin loses most of the tough games he is coaching, that’s a fact.
It is that important if it's your team. Sure nobody remembers who won the 2008 Big East basketball tournament, but to me it's one of my greatest sports memories. What matters to me, is more important to me, than what random people across the country remember.

Because those are the type of classes you need to compete for conference championships. Beating out Syracuse and Kentucky for recruits isn’t getting it done.

Not really. You need to develop good players no matter the stars. That’s how you win conference championships.

Reactions: billyberoux
Not really. You need to develop good players no matter the stars. That’s how you win conference championships.
So I guess Pitt never develops good players? We have ZERO outright conference championships in school history. We had a 3 way tie for the Big East title in '04 and a 4 way tie for the '10 title.

Yes the Sandusky scandal set them back so far athletically they'll never recover.They're teams will be terrible because of the backlash from this.No elite football,basketball or wrestlers will go there and compete for that tainted school.Wvu and Pitt will both benefit from this catastrophe up there and pass them up in the rankings and leave those dirty cultists in our dust.

Their reputation is and will be tainted forever...doesn't mean they can't have successful sports seasons.
When people outside of PA think of PSU the scandal is the first thing they associate with the university ahead of anything positive their sports teams may bring them. That will never change.

So I guess Pitt never develops good players? We have ZERO outright conference championships in school history. We had a 3 way tie for the Big East title in '04 and a 4 way tie for the '10 title.

Do you realize we were independent the vast majority of our "school hostory" right? So we couldn't win many conference championships if we wanted to.

Do you realize we were independent the vast majority of our "school hostory" right? So we couldn't win many conference championships if we wanted to.
But we where also in the Big East for 30 years or so, and never won the league outright. When we joined, I was used to the '70s and '80s teams still, I thought for sure we'd win a ton of championships vs. the likes of WVU, BC, Syracuse, etc. then later the U and VT left..... NOW FOR SURE we'll beat "inferior" teams like Cincy, UConn and Louisville.... NEVER HAPPENED. Almost everyone passed us, except maybe Temple or Rutgers.

But we where also in the Big East for 30 years or so, and never won the league outright. When we joined, I was used to the '70s and '80s teams still, I thought for sure we'd win a ton of championships vs. the likes of WVU, BC, Syracuse, etc. then later the U and VT left..... NOW FOR SURE we'll beat "inferior" teams like Cincy, UConn and Louisville.... NEVER HAPPENED. Almost everyone passed us, except maybe Temple or Rutgers.

Okay...but 30 years or so isn't close to being "school history".
I agree it's a long time to go without a conference championship, but we have won two of those.

So Wisconsin doesn't compete for conference championships then??

Reactions: KanePA
Okay...but 30 years or so isn't close to being "school history".
I agree it's a long time to go without a conference championship, but we have won two of those.
But out of the years that a conference championship WAS POSSIBLE, in school history, Pitt has won zero outright. 2 shared.

If you're a long time Pitt fan, and had lived through the '70s and '80s, tell the truth, when the Big East football conference started in around 1992 or so, with that lineup of teams that where in it, didn't you EXPECT that we'd win multiple titles, and we didn't, but teams we thought we'd be better than did. then when The U, BC and VT went to the ACC, replaced by Cincy, UConn and Louisville, didn't you then think, OK NOW, we will win the titles, and no, it never happened... at least that's how I experienced it.

In the last 2 years Wisconsin is 0-4 vs the big programs in the big ten east. They win the games they are supposed and lose to the teams with better talent. Wisconsin would never have lost to cuse or that unc team this past year

In the last 2 years Wisconsin is 0-4 vs the big programs in the big ten east. They win the games they are supposed and lose to the teams with better talent. Wisconsin would never have lost to cuse or that unc team this past year

Wisconsin is also in the Big Ten Championship game every year... so what are their recruiting classes like?

It would be cool if Pitt could do that, lose to Clemson, Florida State, VT and ND maybe, then finish 9-4 every year.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead

Wrong... they obliterated Michigan State 30-6.

Reactions: KanePA

Is that different than what Penn state does? Penn State will beat everyone except Michigan, Ohio State, Michigan state and Northwestern. Of those 4, they’re bound to lose to 2 a year.

Lol....because you and your 100K are shameless losers. Paterno dead (Thank Christ) and you still haven’t won anything of significance. The BIG10 championship doesn’t matter at all, I mean Ohio State didn’t play in it and was still selected to the playoff over you...lol

So Kane, you mention Christ in your post. Serious question, are you even a Christian? Does not sound like it based on your hatred of Paterno and Penn State!

So Kane, you mention Christ in your post. Serious question, are you even a Christian? Does not sound like it based on your hatred of Paterno and Penn State!

I’m pretty sure Christ himself hates Paterno and Penn State, Cincinnati.

Not sure what happened to the original premise of this thread but I just want to try to get it back on track. Let me be clear: psu could win the national championship in every NCAA sanctioned sport every year and I still wouldn't want to trade places with them. In my view the foundation upon which their athletic program was built was rotten to the core and casts a shadow over every bit of success they have. Further, the way in which the majority of their fan base and alumnae responded to the scandal was appalling. No amount of athletic success should allow these things to be swept under the rug nor should any success be portrayed as some type of heroic comeback.

Vital

I don't where you get miserable? I feel HAPPIER to be honest about things. I watched every Pitt basketball game this year, and came away from it fine, I even enjoyed watching some of these crappy players have a good game, Me, I GET JOY from BLASTING THEM MERCILESSLY for sucking as much as they do, I am in no way near unhappy. I'm he type of person who roots for the same teams for life, even when they suck. But also the kind of person who when they suck, I always want to BLAST THEM and not be kind to them, hopefully they can turn around. There is no grief, the way I talk about Pitt when they suck IS FUN FOR ME.

I believe the average psychologist would read this and quickly classify you as a sadist or psychopath. Do you torture small animals?

Not sure what happened to the original premise of this thread but I just want to try to get it back on track. Let me be clear: psu could win the national championship in every NCAA sanctioned sport every year and I still wouldn't want to trade places with them. In my view the foundation upon which their athletic program was built was rotten to the core and casts a shadow over every bit of success they have. Further, the way in which the majority of their fan base and alumnae responded to the scandal was appalling. No amount of athletic success should allow these things to be swept under the rug nor should any success be portrayed as some type of heroic comeback.

Vital

Vital,

SPOT on truth! If the university had accepted their guilt and purged and cleared the culture, I'd cheer their effort. But it was always a holier-than-thou cult and when they were shown to be utter phonies who raged back against the world for upsetting their view of reality.

I believe the average psychologist would read this and quickly classify you as a sadist or psychopath. Do you torture small animals?
Of course not! i have two cats, but no torturing! LOL, I just think arguing is fun and I enjoy calling people out and shouting unpleasant truths. LOL. Lighten up. Pitt athletics suck! Hope it changes soon, but as of today, that's TRUTH, why so sensitive?

And I'm pretty sure no PSU fan wants to trade places with us either. Bottom line, their history is theirs, and our history is ours. But I'm willing to bet that they're more happy with their history, than we are of ours.

Vital

And I'm pretty sure no PSU fan wants to trade places with us either. Bottom line, their history is theirs, and our history is ours. But I'm willing to bet that they're more happy with their history, than we are of ours.
LOL - your posting history is great. As well as your usage of "theirs" and "ours". Good stuff.

Classic response. I'm assuming you're implying that I must be a Nitter, since I'm looking at things realistically, and see that their athletic department performs better than ours. Newsflash: The rest of the country sees this too. Doesn't mean that the whole country is full of Nitters. :eyeroll:

LOL - your posting history is great. As well as your usage of "theirs" and "ours". Good stuff.

I am very proud of my experience at Penn State and the education it provide me. I cheer on our football team, and feel no shame whatsoever in supporting them.
Then go Post on the “ very proud Joebots board” because I can tell you no one here gives a shit.

The Penn State Scandal will live with them forever, and it should. Football fans of the school try to cover this up the shame, but it wont be.
They can contend for a NC this year and should they win it that’s what will be remembered...the Scandal, no matter how horrible , is nothing to them and frankly nowhere near hurting PSU or really that much thought about anymore......

Save for here on a Pitt internet board occasionally and perhaps from the minor coverage this HBO show might generate here or there.

That shame will always taint that school and anyone associated with it. Nitters will try to claim that nobody cares, but they know. They see the looks they get when they wear Ped U gear. They know that EVERY school in the NCAA makes fun of them.
I see nitter gear everywhere. Even at my kid’s elementary school in Florida. Where do they all come from?

They can contend for a NC this year and should they win it that’s what will be remembered...the Scandal, no matter how horrible , is nothing to them and frankly nowhere near hurting PSU or really that much thought about anymore......

Save for here on a Pitt internet board occasionally and perhaps from the minor coverage this HBO show might generate here or there.
Be sure that ESPN will be working overtime to make the nitters look better than they are.

Be sure that ESPN will be working overtime to make the nitters look better than they are.

STATE got nothing more than a black eye.
More money than ever is rolling in....the FB program is back all the way back. Others sports are excelling....

Applications keep coming in...Corporate recruiters go to STATE in larger numbers than nearly any campus in this country..

Shameful as it certainly is.. anybody who thinks STATE is living down anything.........

I’ve got some bad news.

STATE got nothing more than a black eye.
More money than ever is rolling in....the FB program is back all the way back. Others sports are excelling....

Applications keep coming in...Corporate recruiters go to STATE in larger numbers than nearly any campus in this country..

Shameful as it certainly is.. anybody who thinks STATE is living down anything.........

I’ve got some bad news.
They certainly have the money to buy good PR.

They certainly have the money to buy good PR.
Nothing at all has changed......

Football team —-check
Applications—-check
Research Funds —-check
Donations — check
Grads getting jobs — check..........

Anybody thinking STATE is going through some kind of shame or something happening out there to its detriment.......

I’ve got some bad news.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT