ADVERTISEMENT

Capel's Tweet...

It's great he has such a nice family which is important especially if they (and I'm sure they will because its a great place) love Pittsburgh.

Who knows if he gets what he needs from PITT, moves this program forward, we may have a long term coach which is what we hope for.

PITT fans have always filled up The Pete when they're interested in the program so that shouldn't be a problem for Capel.

ps- other posters have said this but I like this hire more than a Hurley hire. Hurley would have been looking for his next move the minute he showed up in Pittsburgh. I don't get that impression listening to Capel.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Reactions: paulbl99
Nice family too!

I LYKE the hire a lot folks!
Wonder if Pitt has a spot open in 2030 for his son...Never too early to start thinking about it.

Not to whine and nitpick, but I will anyway, but can't Pitt just simply have a backdrop with Pitt and maybe a Panther logo instead of the UPMC hockey board ad deal here? Had Capel been named the head of thoracic surgery I would get it but alas he is here to coach basketball.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
For all of you negative nellies out there. I finally found one legit negative about Capel. He only has one son, so he wont give us 4 future recruits from his own house. I bet he helps the women's team quite a bit in a few years. I wonder if his wife can coach?

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
It's great he has such a nice family which is important especially if they (and I'm sure they will because its a great place) love Pittsburgh.

Who knows if he gets what he needs from PITT, moves this program forward, we may have a long term coach which is what we hope for.

PITT fans have always filled up The Pete when they're interested in the program so that shouldn't be a problem for Capel.

ps- other posters have said this but I like this hire more than a Hurley hire. Hurley would have been looking for his next move the minute he showed up in Pittsburgh. I don't get that impression listening to Capel.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

My cousin lives in Durham and his daughter is (was until yesterday) on Capel's daughter's soccer team. He said they are as nice and genuine of a family as you will find. That does not lead to any wins in recruiting or games, but does go along with what many people say as to why he is such a "good" recruiter; a good, genuine guy.

He said he was speaking with Capel's wife late last week and she didn't mention anything, so even she kept the possibility under wraps as well! She lied when she said she would see everything this week!

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
Contrast this with past introductions.

The Stallings-barnes-media disaster .

The Haywood embarrassment

Paul Chryst in front of a microphone anywhere (I do like the guy)

Steve pederson....when forced to overpay for Todd Graham saying...."I never expected to be in this position so soon"

This may be a small detail.....but it seems that we are finally behaving like a school that intends to make some noise in athletics.

Anyone else sense a real transformation is coming?

Reactions: rrig5 and mo cheeks
Not to whine and nitpick, but I will anyway, but can't Pitt just simply have a backdrop with Pitt and maybe a Panther logo instead of the UPMC hockey board ad deal here? Had Capel been named the head of thoracic surgery I would get it but alas he is here to coach basketball.

Cash flow. There is likely a lucrative sponsorship payment from UPMC to be visible at all major Pitt sporting events and press conferences.

Cash flow. There is likely a lucrative sponsorship payment from UPMC to be visible at all major Pitt sporting events and press conferences.

Yeah, this is really uncomplicated.
is

Reactions: JoseLind13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT