ADVERTISEMENT

CFB25 - Restoring Pitt to Glory

PittFanDan17

Freshman
Jun 6, 2018
Playing CFB25 next week and will be playing Pitt vs PED State over and over again on freshman difficulty just too show them who tf runs this state. Might sprinkle in WVU after a little while, but do not think that will be as pressing because we our going too dismantle them in about 2 months IRL. Those 2 programs suck and shouldnt even have teams.

You also have to think having Pitt in there is going to help with recruiting to. Wouldnt be surprised if that is a part of HCPN's pitch this offseason with the recruiting class we're pulling in.

Every team is in the game. I don't think pitt is unique in terms of video games

Playing CFB25 next week and will be playing Pitt vs PED State over and over again on freshman difficulty just too show them who tf runs this state.

If that doesn't turn the order of college football on its head, I don't know what will. I'm going to play as Yoshi in Mario Kart on novice skill level just to let everyone know that dinosaurs still exist; they're just hiding in Area 51 waiting to pounce.

If that doesn't turn the order of college football on its head, I don't know what will. I'm going to play as Yoshi in Mario Kart on novice skill level just to let everyone know that dinosaurs still exist; they're just hiding in Area 51 waiting to pounce.
I’m considering a similar idea, only with Donkey Kong for animal rights activism.

I’m considering a similar idea, only with Donkey Kong for animal rights activism.
You can joke all you want but donky kong is frowned apon by many for this exact reason. Disgusting in ways people with privilege dont think about

So how’s everyone’s dynasty going? As for mine, all I can say is… 😳. I am playing one outright and also simulating one week by week to keep myself honest. So far, Pitt is 0-3 with losses to Kent State 17-16, Cincy 24-7, and WVU 38-34. In fairness, I bought the deluxe version but only played one game Monday due to business travel all week. I took OSU to double OT in my first online game. Gotta get my chops up. I will also say, Pitt’s standard playbook in the game is trash. I had to abandon it for a multiple sets look. Hope real life is better than fiction.

Yeah not impressed with pitt playbook either. I doubt pitt runs wildcat sets. Multiple gun formations is probably what we see but way too many plays devoted to just shotgun

Reactions: Bojangles88
Yeah not impressed with pitt playbook either. I doubt pitt runs wildcat sets. Multiple gun formations is probably what we see but way too many plays devoted to just shotgun
In all honesty based on what I saw from Western Carolina they will be primarily shotgun, but the play design and timing of calls can't be simulated because they have no point of reference as of yet. Hopefully the real Pitt hits the ground running with some efficiency and stealth execution. Not too many places to go but up from 3-9.

Reactions: ratking17
Ok...so there a thousand youtube vids on settings. Anyone that is an experienced gamer have suggestions on which settings should be altered?

I will also say, Pitt’s standard playbook in the game is trash. I had to abandon it for a multiple sets look. Hope real life is better than fiction.
Biggest problem with Pitt's playbook in the experience I've had so far is that it is loaded with run/pass option plays. Unless I'm missing something in terms of executing those; the passing options on those plays are almost worthless.

As I understand stand it, you need to hold down the snap button until the running back is past the point where you would have handed the ball off if you want to go with the pass option. The problem I've found is that it seems like the game intentionally slows done the QB to RB exchange on these plays to give your extra time to decide that you do in fact want to go with the run option. By the time it's clear you aren't going with the run option and you can release the snap button without handing the ball off; it's been my experience that a defender is already in the process of sacking the quarterback, due to the intentional delay introduced to the potential handoff when holding the snap button(not holding the snap button does not slow down the hand off, but immediately opts you out of being able to pass on the play). Am I missing something with how these RPOs are supposed to work, or did they make it where the QB has to hold the ball so long on these plays if passing that passing on them is high risk to the point of not ever being worth trying to do it?

Biggest problem with Pitt's playbook in the experience I've had so far is that it is loaded with run/pass option plays. Unless I'm missing something in terms of executing those; the passing options on those plays are almost worthless.

As I understand stand it, you need to hold down the snap button until the running back is past the point where you would have handed the ball off if you want to go with the pass option. The problem I've found is that it seems like the game intentionally slows done the QB to RB exchange on these plays to give your extra time to decide that you do in fact want to go with the run option. By the time it's clear you aren't going with the run option and you can release the snap button without handing the ball off; it's been my experience that a defender is already in the process of sacking the quarterback, due to the intentional delay introduced to the potential handoff when holding the snap button(not holding the snap button does not slow down the hand off, but immediately opts you out of being able to pass on the play). Am I missing something with how these RPOs are supposed to work, or did they make it where the QB has to hold the ball so long on these plays if passing that passing on them is high risk to the point of not ever being worth trying to do it?
On the RPO, if I want to pass the ball to a receiver, I snap it then immediately click the button of the receiver. I only hold down the snap button on option run plays if I want the QB to keep it and not hand it off.

Reactions: NKSplitter
On the RPO, if I want to pass the ball to a receiver, I snap it then immediately click the button of the receiver. I only hold down the snap button on option run plays if I want the QB to keep it and not hand it off.
Didn't know that could be done. Definitely passing a bit blind that way, but if you're banking on having the defense suckered into being lax on that route, makes it a bit more useful.

I still think the execution of RPO plays leaves a bit to be desired. I'd like engaging the analog sick prior to hand off to mean you aren't handling off and taking control of the quarterback(or some other way of opting out the of the handoff that gives you QB control without passing immediately).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT