ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Saturday

PA_Panther

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 22, 2010
Great day to sit on the couch and watch Football for Ten Hours today. With Utah throwing up all over themselves it really makes today that much better.

Baylor vs. Oklahoma -9: I really like Oklahoma to win by 2TD. I think anytime that Lincoln Riley gets a second crack at a team they have a huge advantage plus CD Lamb didn’t play against Baylor the first go around and he’s a true difference Maker.

Georgia +7 vs. LSU: I think people really undervalue Georgia because they played a crappy game against South Carolina. LSU is in no matter what.

Virginia vs. Clemson -28.5: Virginia is beat up in the secondary and Dabo is Dabo. I expect Virginia to keep it close for 20 minutes and Clemson explodes right before the half.

Wisconsin +16 vs. Ohio StAte: I’m hoping that Wisky can run the ball and keep it close. Jonathan Taylor couldn’t get it going game one so I’m banking on Paul to run the ball, eat clock and take some chances on play action.

As I posted this Lamb turns what shoulda been a 4-yard catch into a Huge play.

You know, there is a whole lotta "blah" in those games. College football really needs to do something. It is really getting repetitive and boring.

I keep thinking someone is gonna slow down LSU's offense, and it hasn't happened yet. I'm seeing a lot of people pick Georgia. I think LSU keeps on rolling.

Good point (i.e. cfb getting boring). The present system allows the rich to get richer. The same handful of teams will be competing in the playoffs year after year after year. Sure every 3 or 4 years a "wild card" might surface for a short while but those will be flukes. The transfer portal, payment to players, elimination of geographic rivalries, and exceptions to the "sit out a year" policy will only make it worse.

Good point (i.e. cfb getting boring). The present system allows the rich to get richer. The same handful of teams will be competing in the playoffs year after year after year. Sure every 3 or 4 years a "wild card" might surface for a short while but those will be flukes. The transfer portal, payment to players, elimination of geographic rivalries, and exceptions to the "sit out a year" policy will only make it worse.
It's making a whole lot worse. Look at the top teams.......Alabama has Jalen Hurts, recruits Tua, Hurts leaves to Oklahoma who is replacing Ty Murray who replaced Baker Mayfield (both transfers), Justin Fields goes to Georgia along with Jacob Eason and Jake Fromme, only one can be a starter, so Fields transfers to Ohio State, who had Joe Burrows be he lost his job to Haskins and transferred to LSU. Clemson had Deshaun Watson, then Kelly Bryant, then recruited Hunter Johnson and Trevor Lawrence, Lawrence wins the job, the other two transfer.

Most of these top programs now horde and stock QB's like a squirrel does acorns, and then they transfer to another top program when an opening happens and these top teams get a plug and play ready to go QB, so they never have down years anymore.

That's the problem with the rich get richer. They are 3 deep with 5 star recruits and then one transfers to another school. At some point, will any of these recruits start to branch out for the opportunity to be a four-year starter at another school that isn't loaded on the depth chart?

Who would have thunk that Oklahoma's defense is the only reason this game is close.

College football is far from boring. The championship games are stale because they are at neutral sites. That's the issue in my opinion

We have a better backup quarterback than #7 Baylor, so we got that going for us...

I hate the idea of one conference getting two teams into the playoffs, but OU doesn’t deserve it. Far from impressive team. Put UGA or Bama in there.

Wow just when you figure Baylor is as good as dead they come up with the Long TD to make it a game again.

As it turns out there’s not going to be any sort of controversy at all for the committee unless Clemson loses.

If Georgia wins they’re in.

If they lose the winner of the Big 12 is in.

My first thought is my God the talent disparity from the top 4-5 to everyone else.
Also the QB play of the top teams.

Wisconsin a 16 point dog? With that ground game? Considering OSU coming off 2 hard weeks I may take the points on that game.

UGA put a fork in em

That last escape by Burrow was completely insane should have been sacked at their own- 5 completes pass giving them first and goal at the 10

Wisconsin looks really good. Chyst going for it on Fourth down there was a ballsy play.

That's the problem with the rich get richer. They are 3 deep with 5 star recruits and then one transfers to another school. At some point, will any of these recruits start to branch out for the opportunity to be a four-year starter at another school that isn't loaded on the depth chart?
It hurts landing on one's back ten times a game. That's why good QB prospects don't want to go to lesser programs. They'll sit and wait. Stay clean. Then start or transfer to an elite school again.

It hurts landing on one's back ten times a game. That's why good QB prospects don't want to go to lesser programs. They'll sit and wait. Stay clean. Then start or transfer to an elite school again.

Good thing Tua went to Alabama and that Ohio State OL looking great tonight.

Come on, there are good offensive lines outside of the blue bloods.

Miami (OH) defeats Central Michigan, meaning that it will be the defending MAC conference champions that stroll into town to play the Panthers
Fire Lyke. :rolleyes:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT