ADVERTISEMENT

Chancellor announces search committee for new AD

Chris Peak

Lair Hall of Famer
Staff
Jun 19, 2004
Press release:

As we embark on a new era in intercollegiate athletics, I am happy to share with the Pitt community how we are moving forward in our search for the next director of athletics at the University of Pittsburgh. We are seeking a transformational leader to partner with University leadership in efforts to further elevate Pitt’s world-class student-athletes, coaches, staff, fans and donors.

We are honored that some outstanding members of our Pitt community have agreed to support the search as members of the advisory committee.

• Pat Bostick (A&S ’10, CGS ’11, LAW ’21), senior associate athletic director, major gifts; a three-year football letterman at Pitt
• Jeff Capel, head men’s basketball coach
• Aaron Donald (A&S ’20), unanimous Pitt Football All-American, three-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year and ten-time Pro Bowl selection
• Dwayne Pinkney (GSPIA ’87), executive senior vice chancellor for administration and finance and chief financial officer
• Donna Sanft (EDUC ’74, ’89G), former Pitt executive associate athletic director, head gymnastics coach and associate dean of students
• Peter Varischetti (CGS ’92); member of the Pitt Board of Trustees; president of Varischetti Holdings, LP, which owns a minority interest in the Pittsburgh Steelers; and former Pitt Football letterman
• Sheila Vélez Martínez, Pitt faculty athletics representative, University of Pittsburgh School of Law

The committee and I will be aided in our work by one of the world’s leading sports executive search firms, TurnkeyZRG. In the last 36 months, TurnkeyZRG has successfully placed the president of the NCAA; the commissioners of the Big Ten, Big 12 and ACC; as well as dozens of athletic directors and head coaches across the landscape of college sports.

We look forward to an outstanding search process, and I am confident that we will identify, recruit and secure a tremendous athletic director.

Hail to Pitt!

Chancellor Joan Gabel

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.