ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken Fingers and Fries

Brian Brush Fan

Redshirt
Mar 21, 2021
I enjoy eating chicken fingers and fries. Having said that, a chicken fingers and fries combo shouldn't be made up of 3 chicken fingers and a bed full of stale fries that crunch like a bag of potato chips. Also, you know those condiment dispensers...there are supposed to be condiments in there. Aside from the BBQ sauce always being empty on the upper level, when is Aramark going to modernize their condiment selection to include honey mustard and/ or buffalo sauce. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Try refilling the BBQ sauce, for once in your life. They have had years to get this right, but seemingly, they cannot. Lastly, cut the sh*t with the souvenir soda cups, or lack there of.

Reactions: OH Pete
I enjoy eating chicken fingers and fries. Having said that, a chicken fingers and fries combo shouldn't be made up of 3 chicken fingers and a bed full of stale fries that crunch like a bag of potato chips. Also, you know those condiment dispensers...there are supposed to be condiments in there. Aside from the BBQ sauce always being empty on the upper level, when is Aramark going to modernize their condiment selection to include honey mustard and/ or buffalo sauce. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Try refilling the BBQ sauce, for once in your life. They have had years to get this right, but seemingly, they cannot. Lastly, cut the sh*t with the souvenir soda cups, or lack there of.
At least no one has turned off the water at halftime yet this year, in the men's room near section 535.

Reactions: PittPoker
Chicken fingers and fries? What are you, 7 years old? And you’re really complaining about there being no honey mustard or Buffalo sauce?!? This isn’t a restaurant, and that chicken finger and fries meal you’re clogging the arteries of your heart with cost Aramark about 70 cents. How much are you paying for it? 10-12 bucks? Cmon.

• Haha
Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Chicken fingers and fries? What are you, 7 years old? And you’re really complaining about there being no honey mustard or Buffalo sauce?!? This isn’t a restaurant, and that chicken finger and fries meal you’re clogging the arteries of your heart with cost Aramark about 70 cents. How much are you paying for it? 10-12 bucks? Cmon.
Yes I am complaining. A simple fingers and fries meal should be offered with a variety of sauces. This isn't difficult. Then the one pre-1983 sauce you have, BBQ, isn't even filled....ever. It is stupid

The food selection is soooooo bad, nevermind trying to find an adult beverage outside stupid Miller lite

Reactions: Tucker99
I think there’s a solid food selection knowing the overall quality is what it is and the pricing is ridiculous. I do agree some basic extras for the food should be a given. You only need it around the specialized stands.

In general, I can't stand when people eat at football games. Maybe it's just because I'm gluten free and vegan and secretly jealous, ha. But it always holds up the line so much. It took them ten minutes to get nachos and cheese for the person in front of me last night (they were out of hot cheese or something, which astounds me because it was a half hour before kickoff). I just can't imagine not eating before or after the game instead. Seems way easier to me. Some of these overloaded trays I see them hand to people are just spills waiting to happen.

Between drive time, the 2.5 hours of commercials and 1 hour of game time, you’re at a football game for upwards of 8 hours. That’s a long time without grabbing something to eat.

Right in 523 and I had the chicken tenders at fries at halftime when you'd think they be a good time to get them. Wrong. And no cups for the condiments? I had to smother part my fries in ranch just for my chicken.

Yes no souvenir cups is ridiculous. Give me a steelers one I don't care at that point.

In general, I can't stand when people eat at football games. Maybe it's just because I'm gluten free and vegan and secretly jealous, ha. But it always holds up the line so much. It took them ten minutes to get nachos and cheese for the person in front of me last night (they were out of hot cheese or something, which astounds me because it was a half hour before kickoff). I just can't imagine not eating before or after the game instead. Seems way easier to me. Some of these overloaded trays I see them hand to people are just spills waiting to happen.
Serious question, are you vegan for health purposes, or for ethical purposes?

I remember back in the Pitt Stadium days your food selection was a hot dog and a.....hot dog. Maybe a bag of chips. They did have sodas. Of course, no beer.
But that's the issue. We aren't playing in pitt stadium. I mean, anyone that went to the Peach Bowl will attest how high of a standard their food selection was. Heinz just has such a poor selection of food. It would be nice to have better.

I got there early and didn't have to stand in line. But it took the kid 10 minutes to get me a pickle! One, single, not cooked pickle. I saw them sitting there. I could have jumped over the counter and got one myself. And another line I saw a couple getting just some fries, nothing else. It took them more than 5 minutes to scoop fries into a cup.

But that's the issue. We aren't playing in pitt stadium. I mean, anyone that went to the Peach Bowl will attest how high of a standard their food selection was. Heinz just has such a poor selection of food. It would be nice to have better.

Maybe where I sit the food selection is better. I don't know. I can get pretty much anything if I'm willing to pay their exorbitant prices. I can even take a little walk and get a Caliente pizza if I want to. I just don't like the prices.

Reactions: Parkview57
I got there early and didn't have to stand in line. But it took the kid 10 minutes to get me a pickle! One, single, not cooked pickle. I saw them sitting there. I could have jumped over the counter and got one myself. And another line I saw a couple getting just some fries, nothing else. It took them more than 5 minutes to scoop fries into a cup.

Lol. I was shocked when nachos and cheese was what the people in front of me got. It took so long that I was thinking, "Oh boy, this is going to be something super uncommon."

That’s weird bro. And not just the gluten free and vegan part.

I mean, anyone that went to the Peach Bowl will attest how high of a standard their food selection was. Heinz just has such a poor selection of food. It would be nice to have better.

Not only better selection, but they don't ridiculously overprice everything. Because the Falcons owner understand the concept that if you price things more "normally" that people will buy a lot more stuff. If someone can get a beer inside for $3 (or whatever they were) they are a lot more likely to come inside earlier and buy a beer or two inside rather than stay out in the parking lot drinking so they don't have to buy a $12 beer once they get inside.

And not surprisingly, they make right around the same amount of money from concessions there than they do at places like Accrisure, because what they lose on not overpricing they make up in volume.

Of course given how fast many of the concession workers at Accrisure move, the last thing they probably want is more volume.

Not only better selection, but they don't ridiculously overprice everything. Because the Falcons owner understand the concept that if you price things more "normally" that people will buy a lot more stuff. If someone can get a beer inside for $3 (or whatever they were) they are a lot more likely to come inside earlier and buy a beer or two inside rather than stay out in the parking lot drinking so they don't have to buy a $12 beer once they get inside.

And not surprisingly, they make right around the same amount of money from concessions there than they do at places like Accrisure, because what they lose on not overpricing they make up in volume.

Of course given how fast many of the concession workers at Accrisure move, the last thing they probably want is more volume.
Yeah. I had like a chicken finger fries drink combo at the Peach Bowl for like 7 bucks or something ridiculously cheap

Reactions: pitt_87
I remember back in the Pitt Stadium days your food selection was a hot dog and a.....hot dog. Maybe a bag of chips. They did have sodas. Of course, no beer.
But you could get through security pretty easily with a flask of whiskey. Come to think of it....did they even have security back then?

But you could get through security pretty easily with a flask of whiskey. Come to think of it....did they even have security back then?

Do they now? I used to not be able to bring in a pack of Tic Tacs because of the aluminum sticker on them. These new metal detectors seem like you could drive a vehicle through them without tripping the sensor.

Wait until Raising Canes comes to Pittsburgh in 2024, you'll love their tenders and texas toast.

Depressing game, depressing chicken fingers and fries. While I try to avoid eating at a stadium/arena, sometimes it’s just not feasible if I’m coming from work or something and typically they’re my go to. Quality depends a lot on how long they’ve been sitting out of the fryer. Best was at a Washington Wizards game earlier this year, pretty fresh out of the fryer and they had a really nice setup of a lot of different sauce options.

…not sure who’s going to read that but just wanted to ramble about something not related to actual football here for once.

Agree on the Souvenir cups. They had them for week one and none since.

Reactions: CCHS82
I honestly cant believe with all the awesome restaurants in Pittsburgh that anyone would order overpriced crap food at a football game.

I honestly cant believe with all the awesome restaurants in Pittsburgh that anyone would order overpriced crap food at a football game.
Are those restaurants delivering food to my seats while I'm hungry during the game?

Are those restaurants delivering food to my seats while I'm hungry during the game?

beats me. Not sure how many meals you need. Do you just forget to eat before the game? Or you cant go 3 hours without eating a full meal?

Not really. We were always carrying flasks through the gates into the student section. Then throwing them during the games.

Right in 523 and I had the chicken tenders at fries at halftime when you'd think they be a good time to get them. Wrong. And no cups for the condiments? I had to smother part my fries in ranch just for my chicken.

Yes no souvenir cups is ridiculous. Give me a steelers one I don't care at that point.

Right? It's beyond insane at this point with the lack of sauces, souvenir cups, etc. Especially the sauces. Unless you're going into preschool, no one is putting Heinz BBQ sauce on fries or chicken fingers. There did seem to be a place for soda refills right when you get off the escalator, but Im still not sure that what came out of there was refrigerated or carbonated. I had a paper cup but when I saw that soda refill station, in my mind, I had a souvenir soda. So I filled up a couple of times. Enough is enough. Im going on a phone blitzkrieg to voice my opinions.

beats me. Not sure how many meals you need. Do you just forget to eat before the game? Or you cant go 3 hours without eating a full meal?
I eat three times a day including before the game as a late lunch knowing it was an 8:00 pm game. I definitely wasn't waiting until I got home at 12:00 am.

The plan was stop at Carl's for eats prior and catch some earlier games but ran late so no time stop. Never eat in the stadium but circumstances dictated it so I figured a beer and pizza would hit the spot. $13+ for the beer (at least they had some of the other vendors open for this game) and they wanted $20 for the pizza. I wouldn't do it, so Primanti's for $11.
If I'm ever in that situation again I'll grab a sub from outside the stadium.

Its interesting you posted this because I was going to comment that Acrisure seems to have upgraded its food options since Covid. I never venture over to the endzone so I just noticed they had the premium chicken tender place and also Burgatory plus Caliente (which I knew they had because you can see it from my seats). Then on the Pitt sideline, there's Chickie & Pete's along with the usual concession stand stuff.

Prices are outrageous though. $7.50 for a Hot dog. It was $3.50 1 week earlier in Morgantown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT