ADVERTISEMENT

Chicken Fingers and Fries

I agree the stadium food is generally crap. That’s the same as anywhere. But are some of you upset that you aren’t getting up-charged on your drink for a “souvenir” plastic cup?

I agree the stadium food is generally crap. That’s the same as anywhere. But are some of you upset that you aren’t getting up-charged on your drink for a “souvenir” plastic cup?
Free Refills. Instead, they hammer us for a soda $2 cheaper with no refills. Its crap. Tonight, I am going to the soccer game and I am scheduled to enjoy chicken fingers and fries. I do believe that Ambrose Urbanic's chicken fingers and fries combo can be tossed in a number of sauces...parmesan, buffalo or just plain. Your choice. They give you a minimum of 4 fingers, sometimes 5.

The plan was stop at Carl's for eats prior and catch some earlier games but ran late so no time stop. Never eat in the stadium but circumstances dictated it so I figured a beer and pizza would hit the spot. $13+ for the beer (at least they had some of the other vendors open for this game) and they wanted $20 for the pizza. I wouldn't do it, so Primanti's for $11.
If I'm ever in that situation again I'll grab a sub from outside the stadium.
Was this the Little Caesars slice? What they want for that is an absolute abomination. They should at least sell us a deep deep dish personal pan size slice (picture at bottom).

Instead they do half of that and charge, no joke, $20 for that and a souvenir size soda.

Deep Deep Personal Pan

Free Refills. Instead, they hammer us for a soda $2 cheaper with no refills. Its crap. Tonight, I am going to the soccer game and I am scheduled to enjoy chicken fingers and fries. I do believe that Ambrose Urbanic's chicken fingers and fries combo can be tossed in a number of sauces...parmesan, buffalo or just plain. Your choice. They give you a minimum of 4 fingers, sometimes 5.
I rarely drink soda, so I’d never even think about getting more than one, but I guess I get your point. I would just get a water and get free refills at the fountain. Cheaper and better for you. Not judging, that would just be my choice.

$11.00 for a globby mess of Caliente's finest mini cheese pizza. Then they looked at me when I asked to have it cut into a few small slices.
The entire north shore is a food desert, unless you're tailgating.

Reactions: Brian Brush Fan
Was this the Little Caesars slice? What they want for that is an absolute abomination. They should at least sell us a deep deep dish personal pan size slice (picture at bottom).

Instead they do half of that and charge, no joke, $20 for that and a souvenir size soda.

Deep Deep Personal Pan
Yep, the slice. But from what I gathered if you wanted the souvenir cup/soda the price was $26
I'll never ever make that mistake again.

I rarely drink soda, so I’d never even think about getting more than one, but I guess I get your point. I would just get a water and get free refills at the fountain. Cheaper and better for you. Not judging, that would just be my choice.
They'll only sell the $6 bottles of water. I can pay like $9 for soda, but $6 for water...I just can't do it

I had another chicken fingers and fries at Ambrose Urbanic Field. Okay, fingers and fries are becoming an epidemic in this town. Last year, the chicken fingers almost tasted homemade. Last year, there were curly fries rather than regular fries. The food was abysmal tonight. I'm going to tell Heather Lyle.

The food in the Champions Club has gotten worse year by year, to the point that it is now inedible. I leave the club section to find somewhere else to eat, if I actually need to eat something.

The food in the Champions Club has gotten worse year by year, to the point that it is now inedible. I leave the club section to find somewhere else to eat, if I actually need to eat something.
See, that just isn't right. When it's bad in the club seats too, that's an even larger problem

I remember back in the Pitt Stadium days your food selection was a hot dog and a.....hot dog. Maybe a bag of chips. They did have sodas. Of course, no beer.
They changed the water at the last game. Liked the Scout Troop ladies, though. Nice folks, unlike the scowling clowns on the North Side.

Did they change the company that runs the concessions?
I think it's still Aramark, but maybe they changed their supplier, not sure? A lot of work needs done. I just had McDonalds, which is horrible of course, but it was edible. When gristle is the norm on a chicken finger, that's a big issue

See, that just isn't right. When it's bad in the club seats too, that's an even larger problem
I tried to get a draft beer, but I was told I couldn't get what I asked for because that tap wasn't working. They said many of their taps weren't working correctly because nobody ever cleans them.

I also tried to get a sandwich with no cheese. They server went in the back to see if they could make me one, but they didn't have all the ingredients. The only ones they had available were pre-made. Normally I would just remove the cheese from a pre-made sandwich, but on these the cheese was already melted on. I guess it would have been hardened enough for me to pull off, though. It looked like they had been sitting there for several hours.

I tried to get a draft beer, but I was told I couldn't get what I asked for because that tap wasn't working. They said many of their taps weren't working correctly because nobody ever cleans them.

I also tried to get a sandwich with no cheese. They server went in the back to see if they could make me one, but they didn't have all the ingredients. The only ones they had available were pre-made. Normally I would just remove the cheese from a pre-made sandwich, but on these the cheese was already melted on. I guess it would have been hardened enough for me to pull off, though. It looked like they had been sitting there for several hours.
Oh I can't believe it regarding the taps! There doesn't seem to be anyone in charge, or if there is, he/she is spread so thin that theyve just given up. That's crazy that they couldn't make you up a fresh sandwich. I think that Pitt, the Steelers and Acrisure should look into moving away from Aramark.

I have just discovered that outside section 147 is a place called Tenders Love and Chicken that serves Chicken Fingers and Fries. Their stock photo shows a plate of tenders, fries, and Ken's Honey Mustard, Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce, and Ken's Ranch as dipping sauces. 147 is out of my way, but let's see if Acrisure can find a way to redeem itself.

They are really reaching for content
It’s still funny sometimes, but really getting old overall. Also it seems like every other day some Penn St troll gets them to post something from even the between fifth and Forbes board.

They are really reaching for content
I was mainly just pointing out how horrible the chicken fingers and fries were. I'm pretty certain that I have it pinned down to Aramark's supplier, as the chicken fingers at Ambrose Urbanic were equally ineffective. I dont get overly analytical with too many things, but these things were terrible. I mean, they were Banquet level but way worse. Gummy pieces of meat littered with fat and gristle. No ones asking for Raising Cain's, but they need to be better than the garbage they served. It's gotten to the point where things just continue to snowball.

I'm back at Ambrose Urbanic and I got some chicken fingers and fries. Little bit of a rough start as this "little shithead" teenage kid took my garlic parmesan tenders. I didn't cause a scene, but I did let the cashier know that this "little shithead" took my food and so a new batch was made. They were much improved over the last two batches I received. Crunchy, nice fries, much improved.

I'm back at Ambrose Urbanic and I got some chicken fingers and fries. Little bit of a rough start as this "little shithead" teenage kid took my garlic parmesan tenders. I didn't cause a scene, but I did let the cashier know that this "little shithead" took my food and so a new batch was made. They were much improved over the last two batches I received. Crunchy, nice fries, much improved.
Hold the garlic next time, Brian, and you will be a Babe Magnet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT