ADVERTISEMENT

Chipper Harris RIP

They were dam good...that's for sure !!! HTP/Forever!!!

You are from Tarentum, right? Not sure your age, but if you can remember back then they would have the TV3 Replay of HS football and basketball games. Especially in Western PA and the AK Valley, it was so rare to see dunks in high school. And it was great watching Varner just dunk everything.

(side note) Burrell had a great team back then led by Joey Myers. Myers once bent the rim in my back yard.

I remember as a kid just being in awe of that Valley team that won the state title.
Valley had great teams in the 70s. They might have won multiple state titles, but they couldn't handle Fifth Avenue. Flenory and Pryor were a load, but Macklin and Clancy were able to handle them, plus having Kennedy, and Clarke didn't hurt either.

Great local player and R M U hall of f
amer. Died way too early.
Chip died after a long fight with Leukemia, he was a long time friend and I had the pleasure of going into the RMU - HOF with him. There are so many stories I could tell of him and his back court mate Forest Grant making a dismal program a winner and leading them to two consecutive NCAA tournaments and barely missed a third. He will be missed but more importantly he will be remembered.

Peace my friend .

HTP

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT