ADVERTISEMENT

Cincy Rewatch

JAM05Pitt

Junior
Gold Member
Jun 6, 2015
Who doesn't like to pour a little salt on the wound, right?! I usually rewatch every Pitt game a few days later during my workouts. Here are some thoughts and observations...
  • Cincy was very physical and well coached. I don't think they are going to contend for the Big12 championship but I would be surprised if they finished 13 out of 14, as voted in the preseason.
  • I thought Deshields had a rough day. He seemed to really struggle getting off blocks, especially in the quick passing game.
  • Epps didn't play much but go back and watch all of his reps against Wofford and Cincy to see his blocking...yikes (again just an observation, he certainly didn't cost us the game or anything).
  • PJ's easiest pass of the game might have been the one he missed to Bart from the Cincy 34 when we were down 27-7. Pretty simple throw there that would have gave us a first down inside the 15. Instead it was incomplete, PJ was sacked on 3rd down forcing us to punt on 4th and a mile from our 43 and the punt made its way into the endzone for a touchback.
  • Cincy's td catch after PJ's fumble was outstanding. I watched it 5+ times and thought he was out of bounds but somehow he came down with it. The throw and catch on Cincy's wr pass was also really good. Pitt (McIntyre) had good coverage but the wr threw a perfect ball.
  • I thought most of the team played a pretty good second half, minus PJ and the lack of execution with the receivers, especially Means. To that point, Means certainly didn't do PJ any favors. That was some seriously odd disconnect between those two the entire game.
  • It's been stated on here enough but the lack of a run game, for a team that loves to run the ball, was very weird. 18 total attempts between the 3 backs with an average of over 4.5 per carry with no jet sweeps, etc. either. Just odd.
  • I don't think he played poorly and again, he didn't cost us the game or anything, but MJ gave up too much space given the situational football in the second half (late).
Again, just some random thoughts of some things that have been covered and others that have not. Rewatchig the game, it felt odd that we had such a legitimate chance to steal the game. We really executed poorly.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News