ADVERTISEMENT

Clairton man accused of killing former Pitt student on Meyran

If you look at the Pitt page on Reddit, you’ll find a bunch of threads talking about this when it happened. The consensus seems to be that this was very much not random, based on posts from students who knew the man who passed away.

As far as your other question, I want to say that a guy was shot and killed outside of the O after a fight a few years ago...I want to say maybe 2013 or 2014?

If you look at the Pitt page on Reddit, you’ll find a bunch of threads talking about this when it happened. The consensus seems to be that this was very much not random, based on posts from students who knew the man who passed away.

As far as your other question, I want to say that a guy was shot and killed outside of the O after a fight a few years ago...I want to say maybe 2013 or 2014?
Oh yeah, former Slippery Rock football player? Knew some people that knew him.

There was a murder in the O when I was a student living in South Oakland. Drug-related. Its weird because I didn't live far from there and thought nothing of it. Like, targeted drug murder, no biggie. The O does seem to have a murder every 5 years or so. I wished Pitt would buy that building and get rid of it.

https://triblive.com/local/pittsbur...-fatally-shooting-san-jose-man-in-pittsburgh/

Man, you kinda hope this wasn't a random act of violence or robbery gone bad or something like that.

I cant think of the last murder near the Pitt campus. There was that one a few years ago where an ex-boyfriend killed his ex-girlfriend but that was obviously a domestic dispute that could have happened anywhere.
Yeah that story was very very sad. Supposedly a lovely girl and the ex-boyfriend was for all intents also a great guy from Seneca gone bad.

There was a murder in the O when I was a student living in South Oakland. Drug-related. Its weird because I didn't live far from there and thought nothing of it. Like, targeted drug murder, no biggie. The O does seem to have a murder every 5 years or so. I wished Pitt would buy that building and get rid of it.
Get rid of the O? That's it, you are now officially "out there".

I know some people who know his family and he was kind of a "regular" guy in high school. Clearly he snapped along the way.
Many killers are described by their neighbors as, "just a nice boy. Never caused any trouble". Especially serial killers.

Wait - how could I forget what happened about 2.5 years ago, Alina Sheykhet was murdered in her own home on Cable Place by an ex-BF. The ex played basketball at UPG and had a PFA against him after he apparently had previously broke into her home.

Also a former Pitt student who I went to middle school with was recently murdered by someone who he was in contact with on a gay dating app. Happened in Baldwin, but he was only 28 and an incredibly nice and harmless kid. Ridiculous.

Wait - how could I forget what happened about 2.5 years ago, Alina Sheykhet was murdered in her own home on Cable Place by an ex-BF. The ex played basketball at UPG and had a PFA against him after he apparently had previously broke into her home.

I'm pretty sure that's what SMF was referring to when he said:

There was that one a few years ago where an ex-boyfriend killed his ex-girlfriend but that was obviously a domestic dispute that could have happened anywhere.

Reactions: str61166
During my time an engineering student was shot walking a girl home. The guy that shot him was looking for money to buy a forty at the O

Lived 20 feet from the O for 3 years. The biggest issue was that it was open so much later than everything else. Bars closed at 2, McDonald's closed at 2:30-3:00 and the O was open until I believe 4am. I think it now closes at 2am.

Name one positive about the O. Many freshmen girls can thank the O for the freshmen 20, or 30.

absolutely wasted one night looking to get a slice of pizza at the O, it was pretty late, I nearly got my ass killed by some sketchy black dude. Apparently I stepped in line ahead of him. That set him off and he just blew up at me. I nearly pissed myself.

I bought him a slice of pizza and became instant buddies. Ok not really, even after buying him a slice he said to watch myself and never come in if he was there.

Lived 20 feet from the O for 3 years. The biggest issue was that it was open so much later than everything else. Bars closed at 2, McDonald's closed at 2:30-3:00 and the O was open until I believe 4am. I think it now closes at 2am.

2 AM just came early . . .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT