ADVERTISEMENT

Clarion Head Coach: Wade 70-80% Sure on One School

sappycrease

Redshirt
Oct 12, 2015
Sounds like Wade has made up his mind but he's using these final days before his decision to make sure he's making the right choice. Sounds like a great kid. I have a gut feeling he'll be a panther in just a few short days.

LINK

Reactions: Big Marty1
Sounds like Wade has made up his mind but he's using these final days before his decision to make sure he's making the right choice. Sounds like a great kid. I have a gut feeling he'll be a panther in just a few short days.

LINK
I keep hearing he is very close to Pitt but the hangup has been the family's worry of living in Oakland. I have heard that they have visited and realize it wasn't what they thought of and have warmed up a little bit more. My guess it is the thought of a city-like school versus a more suburban setting. My thoughts are that regardless of where you attend as a scholarship athlete, you are going to be treated much better and live in an even better overall environment than the non-scholarship student. But I get the thinking.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I keep hearing he is very close to Pitt but the hangup has been the family's worry of living in Oakland. I have heard that they have visited and realize it wasn't what they thought of and have warmed up a little bit more. My guess it is the thought of a city-like school versus a more suburban setting. My thoughts are that regardless of where you attend as a scholarship athlete, you are going to be treated much better and live in an even better overall environment than the non-scholarship student. But I get the thinking.
If you want to avoid street violence and riots avoid State College at all costs. Football games and art festivals are very dangerous things up there.

If anyone thinks state penn is safe.. Google psu crime alert...
Good point, Penn State was not reporting the Crimes at Penn State and they have always been higher than Pitt in Oakland. Recruits should wonder if Penn State was caught lying and covering up about the Crimes on Campus, what else are they covering up?
th

Penn-State.jpg

The Oakland living situation is very problematic. Wish Pitt would do something about it. Very easily could be a nicer area. Know alot of people who decided not to stay at Pitt for grad school because of the living situation near campus. I wonder if they have a committee that focuses on buying up land in South Oakland.

Penn state fan

Reactions: sherepower
No clue where Wade ends up. I had reservations about Oakland but went there for grad school and I really enjoyed it. I understand a lot of upper classmen and grad students choose to live in shadyside but I enjoyed my time in Oakland. I would have no issue sending a kid to Pitt

No clue where Wade ends up. I had reservations about Oakland but went there for grad school and I really enjoyed it. I understand a lot of upper classmen and grad students choose to live in shadyside but I enjoyed my time in Oakland. I would have no issue sending a kid to Pitt

Me, either. I was there for 4 years and never had an issue. Lived off campus for 2 years and above the O for my senior year. Never came close to having an issue. No one I knew did, either.

I'm a city boy, so Pitt is a no brainer and I really can't see how some kids don't just love it.

I mean, PSU trains you to live in Penn Trafford and coach little league from 30 til death. Pitt trains you to see the world. No contest.

Plus you can be big man on campus anywhere and Pitt is no different, but you can go 2 miles in any direction and really blend in when you want to get away...

The Oakland living situation is very problematic. Wish Pitt would do something about it. Very easily could be a nicer area. Know alot of people who decided not to stay at Pitt for grad school because of the living situation near campus. I wonder if they have a committee that focuses on buying up land in South Oakland.

That's obviously untrue. I have no idea why you guys you're so insecure? You're going to get the kid. However, you don't have to lie.

Reactions: Malachi Constant
He is not a program changer in that his position is a back end player. I am sure he is talented, but still corners can be had from many programs.

Oakland is great, its fine. Its not unsafe if you aren't dumb. Anyone who points to Oakland as some kind of slum is either a Penn State fan or has never been there.

I spent many a night stumbling back across Oakland at 3 am by myself and never had even the slightest problem. I visited my sister a half dozen weekends at State College and ran into a few issues with drunk students. In one incident they mocked my father (who was visiting at the time) simply because of his age.

Reactions: cliff777 and drp1tt
If State College was as a safe as the Nit supporters claim it is, then why did their administration feel the need to cover-up their crime statistics?

That whole campus - administration and students - subscribes to the George Costanza adage, "It's not a lie if you believe it."

Here come the "he's not that good, we don't need him" statements. It's very Ped State-ish.

I watched our secondary this season and understand the importance of getting the number one rated corner (#9 overall player in the country) from the 412.

What? My 19 year old niece loves Oakland as many of my family have. Rediculous.

Wade is going to Penn State
You could be right, but What makes you think that? No offense, but you saying that means as much as my neighbor saying the bird in his front yard is gonna fly to Minnesota next.

FYI, FBI Statistics have more Crime in State College than Oakland! Shadyside is ever growing into a another Silicon Valley and going out to Stanford next week to learn more about it. I have been to Penn State in December and January and it is like a Dead Zone and still has More Crimes! Penn State Students still doing Property Damage on Two Riots this year alone.

Coach Narduzzi has his Players focused and in the film rooms preparing for the NFL, and Pitt did not pay a $2.4 Million Dollar Fine like Penn State just did, you must be living in the your own world of not knowing the Facts, and still believing in the Myths created by the Cover Ups Crimes at Penn State now revealed?

Scared of Oakland?

I'm not buying this for one minute.

This comment if true.....is nothing more than a recruit's "out" for picking another school. Its the same as when a recruit suggests they "want to get away from home"....or school A didnt have the major I wanted"......or "im a small town kid and dont like the city"

Look...they are 17 year old kids and I would imagine it is extremely hard to say no when these kids tend to bond with all of these recruiters over the course of a year or two.

but if this "a concern" of Wades family......If this is true.....to me its a "tell" that Wade is going to PSU

I hope im wrong.

BTW.......I know im in the minority on this...But our friend Nick Marmo was rather refreshing when he said we stink and dont go to bowl games. I would much rather hear the painful truth than some crap like "Oakland is too scary for me".

No official stats but I'd say the majority of grad students don't live in South Oakland.

Why is it so hard to stick to the topic? The last wade thread turned into a b10/acc pissing match and now this one is a oakland/happey valley pissing match. I'll never understand why it's impossible to stick to recruiting talk. What a shame 247 had that asshole Tholey running it. It had the right idea.

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Scared of Oakland?

I'm not buying this for one minute.

This comment if true.....is nothing more than a recruit's "out" for picking another school. Its the same as when a recruit suggests they "want to get away from home"....or school A didnt have the major I wanted"......or "im a small town kid and dont like the city"

Look...they are 17 year old kids and I would imagine it is extremely hard to say no when these kids tend to bond with all of these recruiters over the course of a year or two.

but if this "a concern" of Wades family......If this is true.....to me its a "tell" that Wade is going to PSU

I hope im wrong.

BTW.......I know im in the minority on this...But our friend Nick Marmo was rather refreshing when he said we stink and dont go to bowl games. I would much rather hear the painful truth than some crap like "Oakland is too scary for me".
BTW. Wade never said or even alluded that about Oakland. Go back and read the original post. You used quotes and again he never said or has been quoted to any such thing.

Why is it so hard to stick to the topic? The last wade thread turned into a b10/acc pissing match and now this one is a oakland/happey valley pissing match. I'll never understand why it's impossible to stick to recruiting talk. What a shame 247 had that asshole Tholey running it. It had the right idea.
Good point, and both Programs are on the Upswing and WVU too. Also, ACC has 6 Teams in Power Rankings and Big Ten has 4 in Top Ten, Wade can't go wrong at any schools he chooses. The Media always makes it about them, the ME, ME, ME, MEdia like Tholey better to consider him a Trolley?

Yeah, except for one, the big time locals have not been trending our way. He believes Pitt isn't big time for him. I'm saying this is his opinion, not mine.

I've been saying for quite awhile that he wasn't coming our way.

Last edited:
I grew up in a very small town in Eastern PA. I went to Pitt sight unseen. I had no idea of the environment other than knowing it was more urban. I was a little nervous on my first day or two there and loved it every day after. Oakland is a great area and a perfect college setting for me. I would send my kids in a heartbeat.

As for Wade, it would be amazing for him to pick Pitt, but my gut tells me it's PSU from reading things his dad has said along the way. Just my feeling on it. Too bad, we could really use his talent at a position of weakness.

I'm from Greensburg, there are people afraid of Jeannette let alone Pittsburgh. Go to Chicago or Detroit and then try and convince me Pittsburgh is "dangerous." Temple isn't even a P5 school and they get kids to go there despite their campus being in the most unfavorable part of Philly. If you're afraid of Pitt-Oakland, please turn in your man card.

Reactions: Swervin27
Gotta be a business decision for Wade. Campus and academics are way down the list if I'm him.

He's gotta go where he starts next year. No nickel back, no "rotation," he's got to get a guarantee that he is the starter for Game 1.

yep, the stadium authority was up against a deadline and literally picked the color from a paint chip.

Would love to see the young man play for us but we will be OK either way. Wade has loads of talent but Narduzzi did quite a lot with lower rated corners at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT