ADVERTISEMENT

Coach a little

go big and just throw it up on the glass

Full court press

Try something - 13 points - Losing to Monmouth - Jesus

Sitting there with your head in your hands is not helping. - It is you team - Do something with it!!

This team is shooting under 15% over its last two halves of BB. How can a coach making millions not do a better job at teaching shot collection or shooting to the players he recruited.

Narduzzi is a far better game coach than Capel.

go big and just throw it up on the glass

Full court press

Try something - 13 points - Losing to Monmouth - Jesus

Sitting there with your head in your hands is not helping. - It is you team - Do something with it!!
Wow ... that’s more criticism of Capel in one post than you directed at Stallings in two years. ;)

Wow ... that’s more criticism of Capel in one post than you directed at Stallings in two years. ;)
You disagree with my point?

If you can't score in the half court "playing" offense, maybe go big and play volleyball on the backboard OR get transition baskets off defense.

A coach needs to coach, not watch.

There are 2 players Stallings recruited on this team

The coach of this team deserves criticism for how his team is playing.

Last edited:

If you can't score in the half court "playing" offense, maybe go big and play volleyball on the backboard OR get transition baskets off defense.

Didn’t say I disagreed with your point ... nor can you with mine! lol!

Didn’t say I disagreed with your point ... nor can you with mine! lol!
You and I have had numerous discussion going back to when Dixon was the coach and during Stallings years here. I have always said I want a coach that coaches every game and ever point in the game. I have listed Rollie, Carnesca, Pitino, Stevens and Marshall as coaches that do. I like that, not system/formula coaches that want to win that way, be it rebounding and turnover efficiency or something else.

My criticism of coaches that don't coach is nothing new.

Last edited:
You and I have had numerous discussion going back to when Dixon was the coach and during Stallings years here. I have always said I want a coach that coaches every game and ever point in the game. I have listed Rollie, Carnesca, Pitino, Stevens and Marshall as coaches that do. I like that, not system coaches that want to win that way, be it rebounding and turnover efficiency or something else.

My criticism of coaches that don't coach is nothing new.
I don’t recall you ever calling out Stallings for this!! ;)

I don’t recall you ever calling out Stallings for this!! ;)
It appears searches of history don't go back as far as they used to. I am sure I questioned why Stallings never went big against Virginia Tech. I am sure I wondered why Stallings never tried a 1-3-1. I had frustration with Stallings. I thought there were things he could have at least tried and I said so,

It appears searches of history don't go back as far as they used to. I am sure I questioned why Stallings never went big against Virginia Tech. I am sure I wondered why Stallings never tried a 1-3-1. I had frustration with Stallings. I thought there were things he could have at least tried and I said so,
No need ... just having some fun with you good man.

Reactions: gary2
This team is shooting under 15% over its last two halves of BB. How can a coach making millions not do a better job at teaching shot collection or shooting to the players he recruited.

Narduzzi is a far better game coach than Capel.

Capel is a recruiter, not a "game coach." If he doesn't start getting at least Miami or SHU-level recruiting classes, he isnt going to outcoach half the league to get to the NCAAT

Capel is a recruiter, not a "game coach." If he doesn't start getting at least Miami or SHU-level recruiting classes, he isnt going to outcoach half the league to get to the NCAAT
The only guy Capel recruited as a HC was Blake Griffin. One guy does not make you a great recruiter. He recruited guys at Duke as an assistant, but 1) he was at Duke, I could recruit there 2) he was an assistant there--players go there to play for coach K not to hang with the assistant.

Reactions: CapelsCranberryz
I hope you're wrong but I believe you're right. If you are correct then he needs to have a good "game" coach as an assistant.

There are 2 players Stallings recruited on this team

The coach of this team deserves criticism for how his team is playing.
A little questionable criticizing him for putting his head in his hands, no? I've seen coaches do that out of frustration many times over the years.

Reactions: MarshallGoldberg
A little questionable criticizing him for putting his head in his hands, no? I've seen coaches do that out of frustration many times over the years.
The criticism was because of his lack of action.

The head in hands was symbolic of that. It was shown on TV and commented on.

My criticism was not about where his head was, it was about a coach not coaching. Big difference.

Did he sit like that the whole game? I'd think every coach in the world has put his head in hands at some point.

The criticism was because of his lack of action.

The head in hands was symbolic of that. It was shown on TV and commented on.

My criticism was not about where his head was, it was about a coach not coaching. Big difference.
He was coaching. When things go bad a good coach keeps coaching the team to start executing the game plan. Not to start doing all kinds of different things. Based on the second half it looks like staying the course and executing better turned out to be good coaching.

He was coaching. When things go bad a good coach keeps coaching the team to start executing the game plan. Not to start doing all kinds of different things. Based on the second half it looks like staying the course and executing better turned out to be good coaching.
Some on here would/have disagreed with that assessment. some have said we did indeed run the offense, instead of just playing offense.

Depending on who is right about that, determines if you are right with what you just posted.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT