ADVERTISEMENT

Coaches Poll

Pitt is at #32 in the Others Receiving Votes section. That puts us right behind Notre Dame (#30) and Texas A&M (#31), and right ahead of Oregon (#34).

Reactions: jmcst5
I think this is fair given the uncertainty at some key positions. YSU is still a strong team at the 1-AA level, but that game should show us a little about the defensive side of the ball. On offense, I expect another extremely vanilla game plan with games against PSU and OK State looming.

Realistically a bridge year with a lot of young talented players gaining valuable experience, however a favorable ACC schedule (no Fsu, Clemson, or Lamar jackson) could position them for a run at the Coastal with a few good breaks.

I think this is fair given the uncertainty at some key positions. YSU is still a strong team at the 1-AA level, but that game should show us a little about the defensive side of the ball. On offense, I expect another extremely vanilla game plan with games against PSU and OK State looming.

No vanilla for YSU. They are the equivalent of a mid-level MAC team and can beat us. Will we hold back some stuff? Sure, but probably most of the stuff we have for PSU will be available for YSU.

Last year, we ran up the middle every play versus Nova and clearly held most of the offense back and could have lost that game. YSU is better than Nova.

I didn't know WVU would be ranked. They generally took care of business last year, but really didn't beat any good teams. Thought they lost a lot too, but I guess their D is still going to be strong.

Their opener vs. VT might be the game im looking forward to the most, besides FSU-Bama on the first full weekend of games. Should tell a lot about both teams.

I think WVU is better than people realize. The Big12 isn't exactly a meat grinder. How Texas gets any votes let alone ends up in the top 25 is beyond me.

Anyone else not buying how "top heavy" the B1G is this year?

Also, who voted for Notre Dame? I'd call 6-6 a nice season looking at their schedule coming off of last year.

It also seems like the division isn't going to get any love with Miami and VT so far down so don't expect Pitt to be on any kind of meteoric rise without going 4-0 to open.

MIchigan loses 18 starters off of a team that finished outside the top 10 and is ranked #9? Seems like coaches going more off reputation than anything.

MIchigan loses 18 starters off of a team that finished outside the top 10 and is ranked #9? Seems like coaches going more off reputation than anything.

They will likely need another year or two of solid top 10 recruiting classes.

Whose reputation? Harbaugh hasn't won anything at Michigan yet. I guess having sleepovers, hanging with the Pope, and drinking milk with his steak is worth twenty points in the polls.

Wvu's ranking is based on their transfer QB and his potential!Their defense took a major hit with graduation.Gibby has his work cut out for him this year with that D!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT