ADVERTISEMENT

I would vote FSU as the National Champion if:

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
they blow out Georgia convincingly

and Texas wins the CFP in 2 close games by beating Alabama

At that point, you consider the entire season so there is no more "penalty" for the Travis injury.

FSU would be 14-0, Texas 14-1

Texas would have the 2 wins over Bama plus Washington and OK St but would have a loss. FSU's Georgia win would cancel out one of the Texas Bama win. The Washington win is canceled out by the OU loss. FSU beat LSU, Clemson, Lou. Texas beat OK St and K St. Remember the NCAA doesn’t crown an FBS champion but most everyone considers the Coach's Poll (which has to vote the CFP champion #1) as the official one. It probably wont happen but FSU could win one of the other polls

• Haha
Reactions: mlvnsmly

At that point, you consider the entire season so there is no more "penalty" for the Travis injury.

Texas would have the 2 wins over Bama plus Washington and OK St but would have a loss. FSU's Georgia win would cancel out one of the Texas Bama win. The Washington win is canceled out by the OU loss. FSU beat LSU, Clemson, Lou. Texas beat OK St and K St. Remember the NCAA doesn’t crown an FBS champion but most everyone considers the Coach's Poll (which has to vote the CFP champion #1) as the official one. It probably wont happen but FSU could win one of the other polls
FSU is currently ahead of Bama in the AP. I’d be shocked if FSU blew out Georgia….but if they do and the CFP is a dud, then AP National Champions is a possibility.

Reactions: Parkview57
Gotta keep an eye out for opt-outs. Especially Georgia. The players and program are no doubt pissed being the clear #1 the entire season and playing somewhat crippled against Bama. But it is what it was.

FSU is currently ahead of Bama in the AP. I’d be shocked if FSU blew out Georgia….but if they do and the CFP is a dud, then AP National Champions is a possibility.

Yea I dont think there's any way they beat Georgia and a narrow victory, to me, isnt enough. But if they come out and make a statement....and Texas wins the CFP, I think you could make an excellent case for 14-0 FSU over 14-1 Texas.

The biggest joke was Georgia at 6. They should have been 5 above FSU. The committee doesn’t think they deserved they playoff, but they thought they were better than Georgia at this point, hahahahahaha.

Reactions: Parkview57
The biggest joke was Georgia at 6. They should have been 5 above FSU. The committee doesn’t think they deserved they playoff, but they thought they were better than Georgia at this point, hahahahahaha.

Georgia's resume kinda sucks though. Are they better than Travis-less FSU? No question. But this isnt 100% "Vegas" rankings. Everything needs considered. And although they are better than FSU, FSU's resume gives them the nod IMO. Similarly, Oregon, OSU, even PSU would be favored over FSU but you cant rank them ahead of them.

Why is a blowout needed? Alabama only beat UGA by 3 and got in. If FSU wins by 3, they prove themselves as worthy as Alabama (who is going to be national champ).

Why is a blowout needed? Alabama only beat UGA by 3 and got in. If FSU wins by 3, they prove themselves as worthy as Alabama (who is going to be national champ).

I, personally, would consider that. Also have to consider UGa opt-outs. I guess I'm saying that I would definitely vote FSU #1 in this blowout scenario. It would seem pretty cut and dry because a blowout like that with a backup QB is super impressive. If they just win by 1 and Texas beats Bama, I would have to look more closely.

The winner of the CFP gets the trophy and championship, it’s irrelevant if Free Shoes University wins. There’s no split title or any other option happening. They can claim some mythical title all they want. The only team that matters is the one who wins the title game.

The winner of the CFP gets the trophy and championship, it’s irrelevant if Free Shoes University wins. There’s no split title or any other option happening. They can claim some mythical title all they want. The only team that matters is the one who wins the title game.

There is no official NCAA Champion. If they beat Georgia and a reputable poll ranks them #1, it would be absolutely legitimate to me and much more legitimate than the 8 national championshipswe claim that were awarded decades after the fact.

There is no official NCAA Champion. If they beat Georgia and a reputable poll ranks them #1, it would be absolutely legitimate to me and much more legitimate than the 8 national championshipswe claim that were awarded decades after the fact.

The CPF runs the title, yeah no ncaa.

Voting polls AP & Coaches are meaningless bro. Only the CFP teams are going to win the title so Free Shoes U has NO chance regardless if they win by 50. They just don’t .. period. No lawsuit or mythical claims will change that.

The CPF runs the title, yeah no ncaa.

Voting polls AP & Coaches are meaningless bro. Only the CFP teams are going to win the title so Free Shoes U has NO chance regardless if they win by 50. They just don’t .. period. No lawsuit or mythical claims will change that.

The Coaches Poll is what people know as the National Champ as its associated with the CFP. To me, the AP is just as legitimate. My scenario isnt going to happen, but hypothetically, a 14-0 FSU is a legit national champ over a 14-1 Texas team. Will the media recognize them? No. But this isnt UCF beating Auburn and 12 crap teams

Shingles doesn't care....

• Haha
Reactions: Hardslider21
The Coaches Poll is what people know as the National Champ as its associated with the CFP. To me, the AP is just as legitimate. My scenario isnt going to happen, but hypothetically, a 14-0 FSU is a legit national champ over a 14-1 Texas team. Will the media recognize them? No. But this isnt UCF beating Auburn and 12 crap teams

I’m curious as to why you (a northerner) is so fired up about this?

I’m born and raised in Peachtree City Georgia. Grew up a Dawg & Tech fan, graduated and met my wife at Tech. Was in the same division with FSU and Tallahassee is 4hrs away. They are 100% about them, so it can’t be a conference concern you have. Because they have proven they only use the words us, we when referring to themselves.

I don't expect a single Georgia player that is headed to the draft to play in this game so who cares if FSU wins by 1 or 50. Their season in over and it sucks for them and the ACC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT