ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel 2016 Part 1: Which Schools Could Be Making A Coaching Change This Season?, LINK!

CaptainSidneyReilly

Chancellor
Dec 25, 2006
Many fans do not want to hear it and actually fear it, over losing Recruits and Pitt knows that pain more than any Program during the Pederson Poison Error. Still, National Analysts spend much of their time conversing to Media, Boosters, and Former Coaches, at various Programs in CFB and NFL too. A few Penn State posters have come on the Lair and told all of us Franklin is safe and sound at PSU until 2018 to 2019?

They keep believing how Franklin keeps talking about he is just get starting but others can see through to evaluating his coaching and have long ears too.

The PSU Cult that continue to pump up are caught up in this B1G trap. Penn State is no longer and a Top 3 Teams in the Big Ten and will struggle to challenge for a Big Ten Title for at least a decade, maybe longer. Just like Paterno did after 1996, the Paterno Legacy was gaining his 409 Wins and stayed way too long. Joe Protecting his job in 2001 and 2004, actually led to leaving the Program on Sanctions that PSU Cult blames on keeping Franklin from winning? Maybe why they long for the past years instead seeing what that Patreno Era Legacy did to Penn State Name?

The Coach cannot become bigger than the University, they die sooner or later, statue decay or are taken down, only the University remains for another day in perpetuity and getting 409 was not worth it in their own legacy of keeping their own name from shame!

EXCERPTS:
What will the 2016 coaching cycle bring? For starters, the jobs that could potentially open portend plenty of activity. Five potential openings—Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Texas and Penn State—are perceived in the industry as market drivers. All five of those jobs won't open, but it's likely three of them will..................If 2015 will be remembered as the year of the early firing, the 2016 cycle could end up being remembered as the year of the buyout. The five coaches in the jobs listed above have buyouts that total nearly $60 million.............Interviews with athletic directors, agents and search firm representatives indicate no slowing in the flurry of early coaching turnover after last year's accelerated cycle..............."I just think that people are on the hot seat before the season starts," says one industry source, who asked to remain anonymous. "If they get midway through the year, and they don't have the record they want, they pull the plug. If one athletic director does it, every other AD says, 'I'm getting behind.'".............Let's not be naïve and pretend the athletic directors at deep-pocketed, blueblood schools don't have their wish lists already written out . And don't think intermediaries haven't already begun kicking the tires of interest of top coaches. (This year's market could be perceived as the race for Tom Herman, the Houston coach who is the most sought after man outside the Power 5)........."This is going to be a sea change year in college football, particularly in the state of Texas," another industry source said. "I expect places to be unbelievably aggressive this year, especially if they've had enough at Penn State and Texas A&M............

ACC
Georgia Tech
This is year nine for option aficionado Paul Johnson (61–44) in Atlanta. Georgia Tech plummeted from an 11–3 record and Orange Bowl victory in 2014 to a 3–9 clunker in 2015. Johnson needs a bounce back season, especially with a new athletic director evaluating him. Mike Bobinski just bailed for Purdue, not exactly an affirmation of the future of Yellow Jackets athletics. Parting ways with Johnson would cost Georgia Tech $5 million. New athletic directors are brought in to make change, which is one of the biggest reasons to expect one here.

North Carolina State
Dave Doeren enters his fourth season with an unremarkable 18–20 record. He's not in extreme danger, but he has no marquee wins and little momentum. If life without quarterback Jacoby Brissett brings more of the same, Doeren could end up sweating out this season. Will NC State allow athletic director Debbie Yow to make another coaching hire? Her contract is up in 2019, which leaves the potential for a package deal if things go sour.

Other rumblings
Boston College's Steve Addazio has a much better team and a contract that runs through 2020, but the Eagles need a bump from their winless ACC season … If Les Miles drama kicks up in Baton Rouge again, the focus will once again be squarely on Florida State's Jimbo Fisher as his replacement … Could UNC's Larry Fedora become a B-List name for one of the SEC West blue bloods?

West Virginia
West Virginia officials pondered firing Dana Holgorsen last year, but a buyout of more than $10 million made that move untenable. That thinking should change as West Virginia would only need to pay Holgorsen $3 million to fire him this season. In the industry, this job is viewed as the biggest certainty of any to open. The juiciest speculation hovering over the season will be whether Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez would consider returning. That move was once unthinkable after his rocky exit to Michigan in 2007, but time has healed wounds on both sides. One problem is that West Virginia is a much harder job in the Big 12 than it was in the Big East.

Penn State
James Franklin just hasn't been a good fit at Penn State. But would the school really pay more than $13 million to fire him? That's difficult to imagine, especially since he took over a roster still ailing from the NCAA sanctions and inevitable lackluster recruiting following the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Still, Penn State officials can't be thrilled about the Nittany Lions' status as the definitive fourth-string team in the Big Ten East. Penn State lost to Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State by a combined score of 121–42 last year, and Franklin is 0–6 against those schools.
The Nittany Lions play at Pittsburgh, host Temple and travel to Michigan during September. If they don't show a spark and better game management, things could get dicey in State College.

LINK:
http://www.campusrush.com/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-texas-lsu-1992073509.html?xid=si_social

Last edited:
Many fans do not want to hear it and actually fear it, over losing Recruits and Pitt knows that pain more than any Program during the Pederson Poison Error. Still, National Analysts spend much of their time conversing to Media, Boosters, and Former Coaches, at various Programs in CFB and NFL too. A few Penn State posters have come on the Lair and told all of us Franklin is safe and sound at PSU until 2018 to 2019?

They keep believing how Franklin keeps talking about he is just get starting but others can see through to evaluating his coaching and have long ears too.

The PSU Cult that continue to pump up are caught up in this B1G trap. Penn State is no longer and a Top 3 Teams in the Big Ten and will struggle to challenge for a Big Ten Title for at least a decade, maybe longer. Just like Paterno did after 1996, the Paterno Legacy was gaining his 409 Wins and stayed way too long. Joe Protecting his job in 2001 and 2004, actually led to leaving the Program on Sanctions that PSU Cult blames on keeping Franklin from winning? Maybe why they long for the past years instead seeing what that Patreno Era Legacy did to Penn State Name?

The Coach cannot become bigger than the University, they die sooner or later, statue decay or are taken down, only the University remains for another day in perpetuity and getting 409 was not worth it in their own legacy of keeping their own name from shame!

EXCERPTS:
What will the 2016 coaching cycle bring? For starters, the jobs that could potentially open portend plenty of activity. Five potential openings—Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, Texas and Penn State—are perceived in the industry as market drivers. All five of those jobs won't open, but it's likely three of them will..................If 2015 will be remembered as the year of the early firing, the 2016 cycle could end up being remembered as the year of the buyout. The five coaches in the jobs listed above have buyouts that total nearly $60 million.............Interviews with athletic directors, agents and search firm representatives indicate no slowing in the flurry of early coaching turnover after last year's accelerated cycle..............."I just think that people are on the hot seat before the season starts," says one industry source, who asked to remain anonymous. "If they get midway through the year, and they don't have the record they want, they pull the plug. If one athletic director does it, every other AD says, 'I'm getting behind.'".............Let's not be naïve and pretend the athletic directors at deep-pocketed, blueblood schools don't have their wish lists already written out . And don't think intermediaries haven't already begun kicking the tires of interest of top coaches. (This year's market could be perceived as the race for Tom Herman, the Houston coach who is the most sought after man outside the Power 5)........."This is going to be a sea change year in college football, particularly in the state of Texas," another industry source said. "I expect places to be unbelievably aggressive this year, especially if they've had enough at Penn State and Texas A&M............

ACC
Georgia Tech
This is year nine for option aficionado Paul Johnson (61–44) in Atlanta. Georgia Tech plummeted from an 11–3 record and Orange Bowl victory in 2014 to a 3–9 clunker in 2015. Johnson needs a bounce back season, especially with a new athletic director evaluating him. Mike Bobinski just bailed for Purdue, not exactly an affirmation of the future of Yellow Jackets athletics. Parting ways with Johnson would cost Georgia Tech $5 million. New athletic directors are brought in to make change, which is one of the biggest reasons to expect one here.

North Carolina State
Dave Doeren enters his fourth season with an unremarkable 18–20 record. He's not in extreme danger, but he has no marquee wins and little momentum. If life without quarterback Jacoby Brissett brings more of the same, Doeren could end up sweating out this season. Will NC State allow athletic director Debbie Yow to make another coaching hire? Her contract is up in 2019, which leaves the potential for a package deal if things go sour.

Other rumblings
Boston College's Steve Addazio has a much better team and a contract that runs through 2020, but the Eagles need a bump from their winless ACC season … If Les Miles drama kicks up in Baton Rouge again, the focus will once again be squarely on Florida State's Jimbo Fisher as his replacement … Could UNC's Larry Fedora become a B-List name for one of the SEC West blue bloods?

West Virginia
West Virginia officials pondered firing Dana Holgorsen last year, but a buyout of more than $10 million made that move untenable. That thinking should change as West Virginia would only need to pay Holgorsen $3 million to fire him this season. In the industry, this job is viewed as the biggest certainty of any to open. The juiciest speculation hovering over the season will be whether Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez would consider returning. That move was once unthinkable after his rocky exit to Michigan in 2007, but time has healed wounds on both sides. One problem is that West Virginia is a much harder job in the Big 12 than it was in the Big East.

Penn State
James Franklin just hasn't been a good fit at Penn State. But would the school really pay more than $13 million to fire him? That's difficult to imagine, especially since he took over a roster still ailing from the NCAA sanctions and inevitable lackluster recruiting following the Jerry Sandusky scandal. Still, Penn State officials can't be thrilled about the Nittany Lions' status as the definitive fourth-string team in the Big Ten East. Penn State lost to Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State by a combined score of 121–42 last year, and Franklin is 0–6 against those schools.
The Nittany Lions play at Pittsburgh, host Temple and travel to Michigan during September. If they don't show a spark and better game management, things could get dicey in State College.

LINK:
http://www.campusrush.com/college-football-coaches-hot-seat-texas-lsu-1992073509.html?xid=si_social
Franklin is probably one of the safest coaches in FBS. He has 4 years left on his 6 year contract. He is in his 3rd season and has very few seniors available. This should be the worst year of the post scandal era. Next year should be very good. Here is his contract, unfortunately it doesn't cut and paste very easily.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools..._non_event/James_Franklin_Financial_Terms.pdf

Reactions: CaptainSidneyReilly
Franklin will get next season to prove his worth. Although if he loses 5 or less games I could see the big donors there pushing him out and paying that buyout. Honestly, I don't want to see him fired. Yes he's been recruiting well and picking up some prospects off our wish list but the guy can't coach a lick. He wastes talent and won't win while he's there. With the deep pockets in Creep Valley I worry that they could actually hire a good coach next time around.

Holgorsen on the other hand will most definitely be fired - I can't see them winning more than 6-7 games this season. They'll probably regret that decision though because nobody in their right mind would take that job with WVU's place in the Big 12. That program is a sinking ship IMO.

Franklin will get next season to prove his worth. Although if he loses 5 or less games I could see the big donors there pushing him out and paying that buyout. Honestly, I don't want to see him fired. Yes he's been recruiting well and picking up some prospects off our wish list but the guy can't coach a lick. He wastes talent and won't win while he's there. With the deep pockets in Creep Valley I worry that they could actually hire a good coach next time around.

Holgorsen on the other hand will most definitely be fired - I can't see them winning more than 6-7 games this season. They'll probably regret that decision though because nobody in their right mind would take that job with WVU's place in the Big 12. That program is a sinking ship IMO.
I hope Jimmy Frank's stays in the 6 win range. Just enough to keep making excuses and keep him as coach.

I could see franklin leaving for a different job and that job could be Arizona State rumor has it that the new AD and our boy Todd don't care for each other and if he falls to the cellar again that it might be bye bye. I don't see any ACC coaches getting fired this season. SEC might have the biggest turnover but I don't expect as many as others do. Big ten Purdue definitely

Yes I agree that last year was going to be PSU's toughest season as a result of the sanctions. Now that their back to an 85 man roster I can't see their fanbase being as loyal to Franklin and putting up with all his excuses. If they lose to Temple following their loss to us I could see a scenario where he doesn't even make it through the season. After that you can chalk up an L @Michigan and they're looking at a 1-3 start. There's no doubt in my mind a 1-3 start would be the end of Franklin.

"psengr82, post: 1536116, member: 7257"]Franklin is probably one of the safest coaches in FBS.
Good response with some facts to back you back you up that makes one question Thamil but Thamel and David Jones of Penn Live do say the big question they get often is how much longer does Franklin have to win at Penn State?

He has 4 years left on his 6 year contract. He is in his 3rd season and has very few seniors available. This should be the worst year of the post scandal era.
Thamil thinks it is still up to Franklin to beat one of the Big Three. Your own word "should" goes to what Thamil is hearing. I see Franklin like Charlie Strong at Texas win sooner not later AND no losing season in 2016?

Next year should be very good. Here is his contract, unfortunately it doesn't cut and paste very easily.
I put up his contract on another post but good you did too for good info. It is The Buyout Size of Franklin Contract just like Holgrosen that has kept Franklin there and is what you are saying too, not his coaching?

When you do think Franklin gets and Extension in it 2016, 2017, or 2018?

Last edited:
"CaptainSidneyReilly, post: 1536710, member: 2434"]"psengr82, post: 1536116, member: 7257"]Franklin is probably one of the safest coaches in FBS.
Good response with some facts to back you back you up that makes one question Thamel but Thamel and David Jones of Penn Live do say the big question they get often is how much longer does Franklin have to win at Penn State?

So, if Houston's Tom Herman wanted to come to Penn State you would say wait until 2018?

He has 4 years left on his 6 year contract. He is in his 3rd season and has very few seniors available. This should be the worst year of the post scandal era.
Thamel thinks it is still up to Franklin to beat one of the Big Three. Your own word "should" goes to what Thamel is hearing. I see Franklin like Charlie Strong at Texas win sooner not later AND no losing season in 2016?

Franklin problem is beating Meyers, Harbaugh & Dantinio.

Next year should be very good. Here is his contract, unfortunately it doesn't cut and paste very easily.
I put up his contract on another post but good you did too for good info. It is The Buyout Size of Franklin Contract just like Holgrosen that has kept Franklin there and is what you are saying too, not his coaching?

When you do think Franklin gets and Extension in it 2016, 2017, or 2018?

The good news if Franklin is let go, and Penn State brings in a Harbaugh, Meyers type, they can go back winning in little time. the Program is very powerful for any great coach to do it. Who would you want?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT