ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Hot Seat Rankings

Having Chip Kelly on that list loses all credibility.
Not really. Chip Kelly is going to start the season 0-5. They have been outscored 151-68 in their first 4 and that will grow by a considerable margin this weekend against Washington. By that measure they have been the worst P5 team. Who would be next? UNC...ugh. Maybe UCLA can beat Utah or Arizona at home, but other than that? There is a very real chance they go 0-12. If they start 0-8 and finish with @ ORE, @ ASU, vs. USC, and vs. Stanford, they will surely go 0-12. If a coach goes 0-12, you have to fire them.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
Not really. Chip Kelly is going to start the season 0-5. They have been outscored 151-68 in their first 4 and that will grow by a considerable margin this weekend against Washington. By that measure they have been the worst P5 team. Who would be next? UNC...ugh. Maybe UCLA can beat Utah or Arizona at home, but other than that? There is a very real chance they go 0-12. If they start 0-8 and finish with @ ORE, @ ASU, vs. USC, and vs. Stanford, they will surely go 0-12. If a coach goes 0-12, you have to fire them.

There is zero chance they invest the way they did in him, then fire him after year one.

If UCLA did that I’d want pitt to hire Kelly asap.

Reactions: paulbl99

That's nothing to be overly concerned about in year one. Bill Snyder only won one game his first year at KSU. Lou Holds went winless in his first year at SC.

That's nothing to be overly concerned about in year one. Bill Snyder only won one game his first year at KSU. Lou Holds went winless in his first year at SC.
Yeah, this isn't the 1980s and this isn't a program that was 1-10 or 0-11 before Kelly took over. Your examples aren't really comparable.

George O'Leary at UCF was also winless in his first year. He had a nice run there.

Regardless, UCLA was going to suck this year. Give the man time to recruit his guys and implement his system. Give him a blank slate for 3 years at least, then see where they are at.

Besides, I highly doubt it makes any sense financially for the Bruins to make a coaching change after year one.

There is zero chance they invest the way they did in him, then fire him after year one.

If UCLA did that I’d want pitt to hire Kelly asap.

There is not zero chance. The stuff about recruit parents coming out is pretty bad. If he does something outside the lines and is caught, they would remove him.

George O'Leary at UCF was also winless in his first year. He had a nice run there.

Regardless, UCLA was going to suck this year. Give the man time to recruit his guys and implement his system. Give him a blank slate for 3 years at least, then see where they are at.

Besides, I highly doubt it makes any sense financially for the Bruins to make a coaching change after year one.
Why is VT coach on there?

Reactions: daminals76

Normally I agree but there are exceptions. For example I knew Foge was doomed after year 1,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT