ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Jerry Stackhouse

BballinsiderfromPitt

Heisman Winner
Feb 15, 2018
Should’ve been the choice at UNC. Man does Vandy run good stuff. He coached circles around Calipari last night. They’ve won 10/11 and he went from the hot seat to a hot coach. Fun team to watch right now, playing their best basketball. While hate watching them today, watch their offense. Thing of beauty

Should’ve been the choice at UNC. Man does Vandy run good stuff. He coached circles around Calipari last night. They’ve won 10/11 and he went from the hot seat to a hot coach. Fun team to watch right now, playing their best basketball. While hate watching them today, watch their offense. Thing of beauty
Some people at UNC wanted Stackhouse when Roy interviewed a bunch of people for his staff 10 years ago, and gave the assistant job to Hubert. The thing is with Carolina, they want to be soft southern and very soft spoken, like Roy and Dean and Hubert…Unlike Stackhouse who has threatened other coaches, ripped off his jacket and has more of the kid from the streets demeanor. This is how it’s been portrayed to me from folks there. So I don’t think that’s what some of the Carolina faithful wanted, though many in the fanbase are saying that is a type of coach they need.

He is cut from a different cloth than all of their head coaches have been.

Some might think that’s racial and maybe in some ways it is, but those in power there wanted southern charm over streets. Hubert was preferred over Jerry.

I can’t imagine Vandy is much different. And it has worked so…

Give him some time to develop his squad. He took his team to the national
championship game in his first year for Pete’s sake!

Give him some time to develop his squad. He took his team to the national
championship game in his first year for Pete’s sake!
This is true. But it’s essentially the same team who went to the title game that missed the tourney this year.

Locker room issues will kill a team as we’ve learned all too well. Caleb Love is said to be the culprit. So yeah, maybe Hubert deserves time.

Unc did play in the championship game
Last year , right ?

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Unc did play in the championship game
Last year , right ?
They were disappointing all season last year with their talent, made a lucky run when they finally hit shots, started the year as the preseason #1 and now are gonna decline an NIT bid. Wildly disappointing two years from Hubie

They need an X and O coach not a cheerleader

Reactions: 303vND
Some people at UNC wanted Stackhouse when Roy interviewed a bunch of people for his staff 10 years ago, and gave the assistant job to Hubert. The thing is with Carolina, they want to be soft southern and very soft spoken, like Roy and Dean and Hubert…Unlike Stackhouse who has threatened other coaches, ripped off his jacket and has more of the kid from the streets demeanor. This is how it’s been portrayed to me from folks there. So I don’t think that’s what some of the Carolina faithful wanted, though many in the fanbase are saying that is a type of coach they need.

Some might think that’s racial and maybe in some ways it is, but those in power there wanted southern charm over streets. Hubert was preferred over Jerry.

I think the soft spoken southern gentleman thing is a bit of facade with Roy. How many f-bombs do you get to drop on a live mic and keep that perception?

Reactions: 303vND

Pretty sure UNC didn’t select the successor to Roy based on personality type and PR concerns. Hubert was Roy’s chief assistant for 10 years and his UNC family and personal roots are as deep as it gets. Roy basically hand picked him as his successor.

And as for the “streets” comment, Stack grew up country in Kinston NC, the son of former sharecroppers. He may have a fiery competitive personality, but he’s far from a “streets” guy.

Reactions: Drew1208
Pretty sure UNC didn’t select the successor to Roy based on personality type and PR concerns. Hubert was Roy’s chief assistant for 10 years and his UNC family and personal roots are as deep as it gets. Roy basically hand picked him as his successor.

And as for the “streets” comment, Stack grew up country in Kinston NC, the son of former sharecroppers. He may have a fiery competitive personality, but he’s far from a “streets” guy.
You missed two points.

those in power there wanted southern charm over streets

When you posted this, did you mean something other than what you said?
Never said he was from the streets. I know where here’s from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT