ADVERTISEMENT

Coen Brothers or Tarantino?

No ... actually ... my response should have demonstrated to you that I knew EXACTLY what your line was referring to.

"What?"

"What country are you from?"

"What?"

"What ain't no country I've ever heard of! Do they speak English in What?" ...

... "Say What Again! Say What Again ... I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU #%L&*!"

More or less, I know every line in The Bonnie Situation.

"Lot's of cream. Lots of sugar."

"Oak is nice."

"A please would be nice."

"I'm the guns of the Navarone."

Also, I've been looking to buy my kid a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs T-shirt to wear to a Volleyball game.
Amazon has them.

Been on my Christmas list for a while now. But it never ends up under my tree. I think my wife thinks I'm kidding. I'm not...

https://www.amazon.com/KKSEUZA-FDAS...14505372&sprefix=uc+santa+cruz+,aps,83&sr=8-3

No ... actually ... my response should have demonstrated to you that I knew EXACTLY what your line was referring to.

"What?"

"What country are you from?"

"What?"

"What ain't no country I've ever heard of! Do they speak English in What?" ...

... "Say What Again! Say What Again ... I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU #%L&*!"

More or less, I know every line in The Bonnie Situation.

"Lot's of cream. Lots of sugar."

"Oak is nice."

"A please would be nice."

"I'm the guns of the Navarone."

Also, I've been looking to buy my kid a UC Santa Cruz Banana Slugs T-shirt to wear to a Volleyball game.
Oh...my bad!

Depends.
Pretty much al of Tarantino's movies are great, but on the other hand they're all unmistakably Tarantino Movies.
If IMDB didn't exist I'd never believe you that Fargo, No Country, and A Serious Man had the same directors.
I also find myself going back and watching Coen movies more often.
But maybe I'm just a bit biased because we watched Big Lebowski 78 times in high school.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Yeah. I'm measuring it by quality output. Tarantino's worst Death Proof I'd say is somehow worse than the Coen's worst Ladykillers though.

Hudsucker and Intolerable are also misses but super fun. Caesar and Struggs also not so much misses but not as great as their other stuff. I'm not counting any solo efforts by either brother. Didn't love Macbeth (Joel) or especially Drive Away Dolls (Ethan) if those are being included. List below are all varying degrees of great/almost great for me.

Blood Simple
Raising Arizona
Miller's Crossing
Barton Fink
Fargo
Lebowksi
O Brother
Man Who Wasn't There
No Country
Burn After Reading
Serious Man
True Grit
Inside Llewyn

Bummed Tarantino isn't moving forward with his movie critic movie. Know I'm in the minority, but Hollywood by Tarantino I thought was his best movie since Jackie Brown.

One thing we can all agree on... Tarantino and the Coens are both f#$%ing awesome.
Intolerable a "miss"???

More like 320 down the middle of the fairway. Love that movie.

Since there is another thread just started about a Broadway musical, makes me wonder why someone hasn't tried to create a musical out of a Tarantino or Coen Brothers movie?

Reservoir Dogs The Musical or like O Brother Where Art Thou is kind of a musical already. I think these could be a big hit on Broadway.

One of the coolest movies I've seen was Inglorious Basterds in an old theatre in Maine while vacationing. The theatre reminded me of the 1920's. One of my favorite QT films.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Depends.
Pretty much al of Tarantino's movies are great, but on the other hand they're all unmistakably Tarantino Movies.
If IMDB didn't exist I'd never believe you that Fargo, No Country, and A Serious Man had the same directors.
I also find myself going back and watching Coen movies more often.
But maybe I'm just a bit biased because we watched Big Lebowski 78 times in high school.
There Will be blood

Since there is another thread just started about a Broadway musical, makes me wonder why someone hasn't tried to create a musical out of a Tarantino or Coen Brothers movie?

Reservoir Dogs The Musical or like O Brother Where Art Thou is kind of a musical already. I think these could be a big hit on Broadway.

Lebowski would have to be the top choice for that. I'm not very familiar with musicals in general, but I have to imagine there is some pretty cool stuff you could do with those dream sequence scenes.

Lebowski would have to be the top choice for that. I'm not very familiar with musicals in general, but I have to imagine there is some pretty cool stuff you could do with those dream sequence scenes.
Lebowski would work for sure. There are so many great choices, that's why I am surprised no one has done it. I mean they just created a musical out of Mean Girls movie. I think more Coen movies in general fit better, but some of the Tarantino's could work. Django would work for sure, just not sure how you'd condense the storyline enough.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT