ADVERTISEMENT

College Football

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I'm sorry but I cant quit it. Its like a drug. No matter how bad they mess it up, we just cant quit it. Ratings are higher than ever. TV contracts keep skyrocketing. We Americans cant get enough. Its the #2 American sport behind the NFL and well ahead of the NBA.

The difference with me is that I am nowhere near as excited as I used to be to watch college football and about the season but that could just be because I am getting older. I used to almost not be able to sleep the night before Pitt's first game like it was Christmas morning. Couldn't wait for that first Thursday night ESPN game (before Week 0). So while its not like that anymore, I cant stop watching.

I'm sorry but I cant quit it. Its like a drug. No matter how bad they mess it up, we just cant quit it. Ratings are higher than ever. TV contracts keep skyrocketing. We Americans cant get enough. Its the #2 American sport behind the NFL and well ahead of the NBA.

The difference with me is that I am nowhere near as excited as I used to be to watch college football and about the season but that could just be because I am getting older. I used to almost not be able to sleep the night before Pitt's first game like it was Christmas morning. Couldn't wait for that first Thursday night ESPN game (before Week 0). So while its not like that anymore, I cant stop watching.
Could you quit PantherLair?

Asking for a friend.

I mean, we are all excited because we are delusional we are making the playoff. We legit have a shot! If the big boys break off, I guarantee you we ain’t watching ND/A&M and Georgia/Clemson. I watched Pitt today. If they don’t have a path, I’m not watching the rest.

I watched football Thursday, Friday, and all day Saturday, with 2 exceptions. I watched the women's volleyball match with Oregon and about an hour of golf on Saturday.

Nil and transfers has dulled some of the excitement for me but I still love college ball for sure. The days of watching a recruit come in as a freshman and develop over the years is waning. For this reason is why I pull for the program guys to get the nod and succeed.

My television hasn’t been on since the final out was recorded in The Pirate game Friday night. It’s not that hard.

Rough weekend for games overall. A lot of blowouts.

I did catch some highlights of other games and there is an early favorite for play of the year.

• Wow
Reactions: TD_6082
I listened to some of the game on the radio. I felt bad for Billy as he spent a good bit of time explaining where half of Pitt players transferred from

But smf is right, college football is still more fun than pro and we all have to live with it.

Reactions: Somerset Panther
Its rather easy for me to walk away from CFB. My team is no longer relevant on a national scale, so what happens nationally matters little to me.

Its similar to ESPN showing the Yankees Red Sox every Sunday night when i am a lifetime Pirates fan.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer

I checked the box scores. I watched a little of The U after the Pitt game. Otherwise, haven't watched much. I'll watch the game that's tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT