ADVERTISEMENT

College game day experience

MVP2

Sophomore
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
May be it was the product "on the field" that had me disappointed walking out of the stadium, but once again I feel that Pitt is missing the mark on the college football game day experience at Heinz Field.

- Sweet Caroline in first half, when the offense is driving and everyone has to be quiet when Pitt breaks the huddle?

-Nothing from the band and cheerleaders to get the fans involved. Seems like the band, which we can barely hear behind the team bench, just plays random songs. Take notes next Saturday on how the band and cheerleaders interact with student section and fans.

-End of 3rd quarter display and music was a failure. You would think that Pitt would try to piggy back Duzz and team 4th quarter celebration and try to get fans and students included. At least Sweet Caroline got the fans up and involved. Start a new "thing".

-Duzz instructs his bench players to get the crowd up and involved on 3rd down. You see players waiving towels and hands and jumping around. I understand it takes two to tango, and it disgusts me when few people get "loud" on defensive 3rd and 4th downs, but you would think that Pitt and Heinz Field would attempt to assist Duzz by band playing a certain song, Heinz playing certain song, announcer stressing the moment a bit more, etc.....

-Heinz Field music and video display doesn't connect to college football players and fans. Fans get excited when players get excited. And playing 80's rock music isn't going to get it done. I'd rather have the band play songs or chords to get fan involvement, but since that doesn't happen, then Heinz and Pitt has to make that happen.

I understand that Notre Dame, Texas A&M, and Penn State have much more tradition than Pitt. But it makes me jealous to see these bands and fans come to Heinz Field and have game day interactions that keeps their fans involved in the game. Tradition had to start new at one time, so it's time for the new AD to get to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News