ADVERTISEMENT

College volleyball rankings: 2023 Preseason Power 10 - Pitt at #6

HOF Coach

All P I T T !
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2012
"Coming in at No. 6, Pittsburgh. The Panthers are coming off of two fantastic seasons with back-to-back trips to the national semifinals. They deserve some credit for that, even if they lost some talent from last season. A lot of people probably said the same before last year, and then the addition of Courtney Buzzerio led them to another national semifinal trip. Buzzerio did account for the majority of their offense, so losing her and Serena Gray is a pretty big loss. But they still return Rachel Fairbanks, Chiamaka Nwokolo and Valeria Vasquez Gomez."

https://www.ncaa.com/news/volleybal...e-volleyball-rankings-2023-preseason-power-10

Last edited:
I think there will be a logjam at the top of the rankings. There are a lot of schools that have high expectations going into the season. Pitt is ranked pretty well considering what they lost and that a lot will depend on incoming players including a couple of freshmen.

Reactions: HOF Coach
Louisville annoys me. I hope we crush them twice on the way to ACC championship.
As good as Chaussee was, that program really relied on DeBeer being healthy. They were a bit of a mess when she was hurt.

This is going to annoy Pitt fans but I think PSU will surprise a lot of people. They weren't the strongest hitting team last year but picking up the setter from Ohio State will make a big difference.

As good as Chaussee was, that program really relied on DeBeer being healthy. They were a bit of a mess when she was hurt.

This is going to annoy Pitt fans but I think PSU will surprise a lot of people. They weren't the strongest hitting team last year but picking up the setter from Ohio State will make a big difference.
It DID!!! LOL

I think there will be a logjam at the top of the rankings. There are a lot of schools that have high expectations going into the season. Pitt is ranked pretty well considering what they lost and that a lot will depend on incoming players including a couple of freshmen.
Not too much to argue about with Chester's top ten.....although Florida at #10 is questionable I think. Her opinion of Pitt at #6 is reasonable considering who we lost. As you suggest...if these heralded freshmen come through we could be formidable. I'll add that better play at the libero/DS position is a must to make another deep run in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT