ADVERTISEMENT

Combining a Few Threads

What does it take for Narduzzi to get fired at the end of this year?

• Nothing - safe no matter what

Votes: 45 73.8%
  • Has to win seven regular season gaemss or more to be safe

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Not making bowl is a fireable offense

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • He should be fired, no matter what happens

Votes: 4 6.6%

• Total voters

H2P-2007

Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
So this question seems to have been insinuated about in a few different threads, but I'm curious how this board feels.

[spoiler-

I think he needs to win at least seven games to be safe]

Im curious, tell me your rationale.

Part of me has faith in Lyke if a new hire is needed, and part of me thinks that stability is the primary goal.

You forgot one- Safe, go sub .500 and get an extension.
Right. Because all those other P5 ADs were beating down Dooz’s door to hire him away from the incredible job he’s done at Pitt.

Pitt Athletics: rewarding and celebrating mediocrity since 1987.

Only self loathing Pitt fans would be talking about firing a coach after one bad game.

This fan base seems to get more excited about hiring the next new shiny object that supporting the team

Hell there were people back in the Late 70s who wanted Sherrill fired

I think the fan base sees other programs gaining momentum or at least seeing an uptick in recruiting in the same span.

I’m willing to let the process play out but the disparity in talent between Pitt and the rest of its schedule will be worth paying attention to.

Narduzzi is 22-18 in 4 years. He’s come out and promised a conference championship game THIS year. Time will tell. The bottom line is that he won 8 games twice with Paul Chryst’s recruits. Narduzzi’s results have been underwhelming, his recruiting is underwhelming, his attitude is underwhelming...and that’s the best way to describe his tenure at Pitt....underwhelming

Only self loathing Pitt fans would be talking about firing a coach after one bad game.

This fan base seems to get more excited about hiring the next new shiny object that supporting the team

One bad game??
  • he went 5-7 last season
  • his recruiting is awful
  • he's lost the respect of players/coaches within the WPIAL
  • his two 8-win seasons were due to another coach's roster. I would also argue we should've won more than 8 games in 2016 if it wasn't for his coaching.
  • he's too focused on James Franklin
  • he calls out players by name from other team

It isn’t about one bad game. It is about going 5-7 last year. It is about recruiting zero quality skill position players on offense. It is about being a defensive genius, but having defenses that are constantly burnt, and in the case of his first three years the some of the worst defenses in the nation.

Sure they beat Miami last year, but they also got slaughtered by ok st, and now PSU.

I understand stability, but I don’t stability just for the sake of it. Miss a bowl game again and he needs canned.

I also know that a lot of it is people not wanting to admit they were wrong. PC was crushed on these boards, but he dealt with a much worse situation than narduzzi inherited and had similar results. We saw the same thing with some people defending stallings because they couldn’t admit they were wrong about wanting Dixon gone.

The fact is though, the program looks like it could potentially be heading towards a complete nosedive.

And you know the #1 fanboi to fire Sherrill? None other than Bob Smisucks. Please read the archives of his super genius “opinions disguised as game articles” after Pitt lost to Navy in ‘78 or the 1 point win over a pathetic Syracuse team in ‘78. The blowout of WVU “saved Sherrill’s job” according to that idiot.

And of course he wanted Foge fired after the 1st game win over UNC. These Pittsburgh sports writers are the enemy and should be treated as such. Unfortunately our brain dead ADs of the past worshipped them.

One bad game??
  • his two 8-win seasons were due to another coach's roster. I would also argue we should've won more than 8 games in 2016 if it wasn't for his coaching.
Great points!
The last two are key.
The Lehigh Valley's Morning Call fish wrapper has headlines today Monday like:
Penn State Dominates the State After The PITT Blow out Win. You know where that headline came from so forget about recruits from Eastern/ or Central PA.

Some advise for Coach Narduzzi.
Shut up and coach football!

Narduzzi brought a knife to a gun fight and lost big time.

Franklin is an obnoxious Jack Ass but he backs up his big mouth!

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

One bad game??

Pretty much says it all. The problem is he just received a 7 year contract ext so he’s going to get the benefit of the doubt. Talent in PA for football prospects has really dropped off so that is going to hurt Pitt with recruiting. Western PA football is no where near as good as it was 10 years ago.

Remember Psu fans wanted Franklin fired after the 2016 Pitt lose and the Michigan slaughter.He's done pretty well since!I wanted Holgersen gone after 2013 at Wvu and now we're in the Top 15.

Reactions: hermdigity
Who did he call out? You nitters have wierd way of manufacturing angst.
I think hes referring to Duz comment about Johnson pushing off..........thats not calling him out that was gettting the refs attention. If Pitt wins its gamesmanship. Since they lost, everything the guy did is an abomination

Reactions: hermdigity
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT