ADVERTISEMENT

Comment for Matt

PantherRich1

Freshman
Gold Member
Aug 4, 2011
Matt, first off let me start by saying that I appreciate the work that you, Chris and Ryan (and others from Rivals) do on this site. I am willing to pay for it so to me that shows I see value in it. Lately however it seems like instead of providing us the 'inside' info that you have in the past, you are now giving us little controversial nuggets and then leaving to let the board respond all knowing what the response will be. The two examples that come to mind in the last week are the Wade comment and the recruiting comment you posted a little bit ago.

First was your comment on Wade and the fact he interviewed with Pitt. While I am not denying what you posted is true, it is very incomplete info that led to another thread rehashing Barnes, search firm, blah blah blah. Just posting this limited info just leads to more negativity. Knowing if he was a serious candidate, how close he came to getting the job, comparisons to other candidates, etc would have painted a much clearer picture that would help prove or deny this notion of Barnes/Turner/Stallings stuff.

Then today you drop the news about anyone being possible for a transfer. I get you want to be careful with names but also know we have a good idea who you are talking about. Again I am not denying what you say is true but info presented this way causes these 'world is ending' threads and the same negativity over again. Is it likely the player(s) you are insinuating are transferring (75%+), is it 50-50, is it less than 10%? Knowing this would really help us understand the likelihood of these things happening.

I don't think you are intentionally acting like typical local network news people and teasing stories. Maybe it is just me but figured I would pass my thoughts along.

I am not pretending that all is grand with Pitt hoops. It isn't. But incomplete info like this is just furthering the negativity. Maybe that is what most want on this site. I, for one, am tired of it.

Thanks again for your work on the site.

Reactions: paul e pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News