ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations to AD Lyke

Congratulations AD Heather Lyke! Job well done putting Pitt in position to succeed in athletics across the board. Have to keep feeding the football and basketball programs. The new facilities are really needed at Pitt. H2P!

I know someone who is "not pleased".

I root for anyone associated with Pitt. I think the volleyball arena is a colossal waste of money during a time in which football and basketball werent doing so well (Pickett/Covid + this year bball changed that) and in an era where it appears we are heading to a Power 2 with the possibility of a 3rd "leftover" conference (ie B12 maybe). Pitt needs to put every dollar towards making itself attractive to a P2 or potential leftover conference if the ACC is completely gutted.

In terms of on-field success, Heather deserves a lot of credit for the fall/winter Whether or not she hired all these coaches doesn't matter as much because she played a part in retaining them. So she SHOULD be up for awards in terms of on-field success

Volleyball - Final Four
Men's soccer - Final Four
Women's soccer - Sweet 16
Men's basketball - Round of 32
Nino - Natty

Its been as fun 6 months for sure. Football at 8-4 + exhibition win was a little disappointing but overall was "ok" and the WVU win (although vs a very bad team) is almost worth 2 wins the way it happened and the fact that its a rival. Wrestling people are saying the overall team result this year was disappointing but I don't know enough about that. I'd take the Nino Natty because we've only ever won one and the team cant really ever place high at nationals due to the Blue Bloods.

Perhaps, most of all, her decision to retain Capel paid off the most. I dont know what future seasons hold, but for this season only, it was an absolute blast. 1 shot away from winning the ACC. 2 NCAAT wins. Im a bball guy first so for me, this bball season was like a gift. So thanks to everyone associated with that.

Last edited:
I root for anyone associated with Pitt. I think the volleyball arena is a colossal waste of money during a time in which football and basketball werent doing so well (Pickett/Covid + this year bball changed that) and in an era where it appears we are heading to a Power 2 with the possibility of a 3rd "leftover" conference (ie B12 maybe). Pitt needs to put every dollar towards making itself attractive to a P2 or potential leftover conference if the ACC is completely gutted.

In terms of on-field success, Heather deserves a lot of credit for the fall/winter Whether or not she hired all these coaches doesn't matter as much because she played a part in retaining them. So she SHOULD be up for awards in terms of on-field success

Volleyball - Final Four
Men's soccer - Final Four
Women's soccer - Sweet 16
Men's basketball - Round of 32
Nino - Natty

Its been as fun 6 months for sure. Football at 8-4 + exhibition win was a little disappointing but overall was "ok" and the WVU win (although vs a very bad team) is almost worth 2 wins the way it happened and the fact that its a rival. Wrestling people are saying the overall team result this year was disappointing but I don't know enough about that. I'd take the Nino Natty because we've only ever won one and the team cant really ever place high at nationals due to the Blue Bloods.

Perhaps, most of all, her decision to retain Capel paid off the most. I dont know what future seasons hold, but for this season only, it was an absolute blast. 1 shot away from winning the ACC. 2 NCAAT wins. Im a bball guy first so for me, this bball season was like a gift. So thanks to everyone associated with that.
No one reads the ramblings of a stupid man.

I just skipped to this reply to offer friendly advice:

"Type less...learn more."

Reactions: pittdan77
No one reads the ramblings of a stupid man.
Foolishly, I did. Student-athletes in anything other than the two semi-pro sports deserve nothing more than a thank you, I guess. Pride means nothing, only revenue.

Meanwhile, the football and basketball programs should be thanking Mr. Stubhub for his continued support through the lean years.

• Haha
Reactions: HOF Coach
Foolishly, I did. Student-athletes in anything other than the two semi-pro sports deserve nothing more than a thank you, I guess. Pride means nothing, only revenue.

Meanwhile, the football and basketball programs should be thanking Mr. Stubhub for his continued support through the lean years.

A full scholarship, free food, free housing, a place to play and practice is adequate for non-revenue athletes. Its a heck of a deal they get since their team only exists because football and basketball pay for it.

A full scholarship, free food, free housing, a place to play and practice is adequate for non-revenue athletes. Its a heck of a deal they get since their team only exists because football and basketball pay for it.
images

• Haha
Reactions: JS School
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT