ADVERTISEMENT

Couple Thoughts after being at the Game -

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
1) I had a really bad feeling when we didn’t score a TD on the first drive.

2) Our QB, like I said last week, this is the worst QB play here over two games in over a decade, maybe in my lifetime going back to the 1980s. It’s indescribably bad. And villeaux was never coming in. He must have been told. He never once looked like a kid who was ever going to play.

3) That being said, Pitt - unless we have multiple NFL talent on the defensive side of the ball and a stud RB - will never win more than 6/7 games if cignetti is the OC. The offensive game plan and execution last night was so bad. He has absolutely no feel for the game whatsoever. Pitt never speeds up when they should speed up. The route charts for the Recievers, what are we doing? No quick hitters, nothing to get the QB into a rhythm. SO MUCH pointless motion. Everything is so slow to develop.

If you are a DC preparing to play Pitt, you basically have to cover 4-5 plays. The run from the shotgun where Phil can give it, or keep it, the slow developing run under center, a couple pass patterns from shotgun…. It’s really got to be easy work lol.

3) We have mediocre talent across the board. No great players. A couple good ones (Sauls, Hayes, Devonshire, Williams)..but that’s about it.

4) McMillan had a good game. Really, the entire D did, but we are playing a bad Big 12 team with a backup QB.

5) Where are the wins the rest of the year? At VT? Louisville and BC at home? 5-7 right now would be a minor miracle.

The line for the UNC game is going to be like UNC -7 or so, I’m guessing and it’s free money. We can’t score with them. Our D isn’t that good. They are going to score between 31 and 38 points. We are really going to score 28-35 to cover? No way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News