ADVERTISEMENT

Creepy Fan Guy

Dan1911

Sophomore
Jan 17, 2016
Anyone know someone who lives life vicariously through their teams success and see their wins as some kind of validation of their life? I know a guy who is an Ohio State fan. Obsessed. Lives life through them. Weird. Awkward. It's like it validates his life. Spends every Saturday dressed up at a watch party for their games. Only wears osu gear.

Anyone know someone like that?

Anyone know someone who lives life vicariously through their teams success and see their wins as some kind of validation of their life? I know a guy who is an Ohio State fan. Obsessed. Lives life through them. Weird. Awkward. It's like it validates his life. Spends every Saturday dressed up at a watch party for their games. Only wears osu gear.

Used to spend some time in Columbus for work. Ran into too many zombie fans who were too similar to pedsters for my liking. It was like talking to a cult member.

They feel it defines them. Just like all the morons that got sucked into the “success with honor” crap. They allowed it to identify who they are. It s really demented and sick.

You just described the entire population of the subway alumni of nd.

Lived in the Cleveland area for a decade. Their fans are equally as full of themselves and delusional as PSU fans....Michigan fans are right there as well.

Reactions: Dan1911

Ours is a culture of hero worship. I knew guys who rooted for ND like that and some nitters.
Usually (in college), it’s guys who didn’t attend that (or any) school who live vicariously. For some people, it’s all they have.

Sounds like literally every Penn State fan. Always have excuses for the losses as well.

I live in Alabama, son. Hold my beer...

I live in Alabama, son. Hold my beer...
Exactly, this Female Auburn Fan Caller(link below) to the Paul Finebaum Show apparently died a few years ago, and maybe not appropriate to say anything bad about the dead, however she was only one of several type SEC Fans that are disturbing and frightening when it comes to CULT Fans with their Sports Teams(I doubt most of these SEC Fans even attended the Universities, in which their lives revolve around the College Football Season every year, but they are the NeckMart portion of the Fan Base).

I can tolerate checking out the Paul Finebaum Show a few times per year just to get a laugh, but takes several months to recover. Apologies if this is new to anyone here, and I have caused any distress by providing the YouTube Link below, so view at your own risk, but maybe I should re-evaluate how tough I have been on the Ped State CULT( ok, maybe not).

Last edited:
IMG_3563-scaled.jpg

Reactions: ratking17
Exactly, this Female Auburn Fan Caller(link below) to the Paul Finebaum Show apparently died a few years ago, and maybe not appropriate to say anything bad about the dead, however she was only one of several type SEC Fans that are disturbing and frightening when it comes to CULT Fans with their Sports Teams(I doubt most of these SEC Fans even attended the Universities, in which their lives revolve around the College Football Season every year, but they are the NeckMart portion of the Fan Base).

I can tolerate checking out the Paul Finebaum Show a few times per year just to get a laugh, but takes several months to recover. Apologies if this is new to anyone here, and I have caused any distress by providing the YouTube Link below, so view at your own risk, but maybe I should re-evaluate how tough I have been on the Ped State CULT( ok, maybe not).

Not particularly a fan of Paul Fin Baum, but that was entertaining. Sorry to hear she passed. She would have been a great cast for a reality show about college football fans.

Reactions: TheSeldomSeenKid

She sounds like the wife of a guy who used to work for me. Or, at least how I imagine how she would sound when angry.

He died in his mid 50’s. Coincidence? I think not.

This clip is an accurate microcosm of the SEC fan in general and specifically the finebaum show.

My friend Dave Puddy is like that..

This clip is an accurate microcosm of the SEC fan in general and specifically the finebaum show.
The irony is Finebaum having developed a successful career as an SEC Talk Show Host and is loved across SEC Country, is that even though he went to the University of Tennessee, I think he was from New York. He still does not have a Southern Accent, despite living in the South I assume since he graduated from UT-Knoxville and think he lived in Alabama, although now his SEC Network Show is based in Charlotte, NC. I think he earns his salary having to listen to several similar screaming calls 4 hours per day, as I could not do it. Although, I would assume not all callers from the Better SEC Football Programs are that annoying, but Finebaum(or his Network Supervisors) apparently sees the Callers, who scream the loudest, as good for ratings.

The few times I check in with his show each year, I have noticed recently more callers from other parts of the US, so guess that happened as his show and the SEC Network was added to most of the major cable systems. Prior to Finebaum having started and grown his SEC Talk Show, I think some of these SEC Finebaum Callers actually showed up on Rome’s Radio Show in the 1990s, as his SoCal based Show was syndicated, but unlike today, was mostly smaller rural markets at the time(with exceptions of Las Vegas, Denver, Albuquerque, Houston and San Antonio-IIRC), and there were a few Callers from Southern Rural Areas. I recall one Dude named Otis, who was actually entertaining, and when his calls ended, Rome’s EP had hillbilly banjo music playing him off the air.

There was a lot of Redneck Smack on Rome’s Show in the 1990s, including Mobile Home Jokes(what is your Home Security System, The Club?). Someone had a funny take during Rome’s Annual Smack-Off Event using the Great Documentary, Hoop Dreams(about 2 kids pulled out of the Chicago Public Schools and had their tuition paid to attend Private Schools only because those Schools wanted their Basketball Talent as highly rated potential College Recruits, but how one injury for one of the Players and he was no longer wanted), and changed the Title to Tooth Dreams, and described it as being about 2 Inner Trailer Park Kids dreaming of escaping their surroundings with goals of eventually obtaining a full set of teeth among other hopes and dreams.

That being said about Teeth Jokes, kind of sad that West Virginia US Senator, Joe Manchin would not agree as part of the Budget Reconciliation Bill to expanding Medicare to cover Dental Work, and would not think the Senior Citizens of West Virginia are happy about it, but Special Interest Lobbying Groups have a lot of power over our Politicians, and was surprised Manchin eventually agreed to some Climate Change Clean Energy Programs to reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions(he probably got something out of that deal for his State though, which is fine if it leads to jobs with new technology in Clean Energy for the people of West Virginia as Senators should try to get things which help out their own States).

Since, Tennessee plays PITT On September 10th, think I will check out his show next week if free at the time for certain hours, as assume there will be several Tennessee Fans calling in with excitement for this game, especially since PITT is 3-0 All Time, so you know they want to win this game badly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT