ADVERTISEMENT

Curt Cignetti…..

I'm a big fan of Curt. But, JMU wasn't a dead end program by any means. Mike Houston was 37-6 the prior 3 years of Cigs taking the HC job at JMU. IUP wasn't a dead end program either.
No you’re right about JMU, that was a strong FCS program when he got there. IUP and Elon were dumpster fires and he turned them around immediately. And of course IU was an absolute mess that he turned around immediately. No 3 year plan or any bullshit like that. Instant turnaround.

Of course without the portal, he could never have done that. I love what he said about his portal approach-I favor production over potential. With potential you have to get lucky.

Rourke his QB is a great example of that.

• Haha
Reactions: pittmeister
IUP and Elon were dumpster fires and he turned them around immediately
IUP was really not a dumpster fire. F. cignetti's final year 5-5. Lou Tepper came in and ran a clean ship, 1 PSAC West Co-Champion , 36-18 in 5 years , no D1 flunkies, criminals as needed to win. Then C. Cignetti 1 PSAC West Championship same year / 1 PSAC Championship in 5 years, a 43 wins in five years but 12 came in his 2nd year.

IUP was really not a dumpster fire. F. cignetti's final year 5-5. Lou Tepper came in and ran a clean ship, 1 PSAC West Co-Champion , 36-18 in 5 years , no D1 flunkies, criminals as needed to win. Then C. Cignetti 1 PSAC West Championship same year / 1 PSAC Championship in 5 years, a 43 wins in five years but 12 came in his 2nd year.
4-10 in that mighty PSAC conference under Tepper in the 2 seasons before CC took over. Program fell of a cliff as soon as FJC’s players matriculated through and it was all Tepper’s players and staff. Tepper fired with extreme prejudice. You say tomato, I say tomato.

giphy.gif

I can’t help but think we already missed out on Shanahan. His arrow is already pointing up and shooting right past us.

I can’t help but think we already missed out on Shanahan. His arrow is already pointing up and shooting right past us.
He’s definitely on his way up but I think we’re just fine with Bell as long as we can keep him. Bell has done a great job and is cut from a similar cloth. I think the Pitt O will only get better as we add skill players that want to play in a dynamic offense. The key will be to keep good OLs coming in every year, whether transfer or as freshmen.

It will be interesting to see what Shanahan’s next move is—head coach of a smaller program or coordinator at one of the P4 heavies?

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT