ADVERTISEMENT

Curtis Aiken, Jr. Commits

Capel seems to really like him,maybe he turns out to be good,never seen him play

He didn't have scholarships at TCU or UT. Posting a PSN link is absolutely meaningless. We have talked about this extensively, through your multiple shame hiatuses.

-Jamie Dixon offered him back in 2016

https://tcu.rivals.com/news/frogs-offer-2018-pg-curtis-aiken-jr-?guccounter=1

-Offer sheet -Pitt, TCU, Tennessee. Strong interest: Virginia Tech, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Duquense, and Rutgers

-Three different sources show the offers and who was interested.

PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- It’s not often a player with big offers is totally off the radar, but such seems to be the case with 2018 point guard Curtis Aiken Jr. Curtis plays in the sometimes-forgotten basketball city of Pittsburgh, PA and is one of the best talents in the area. His North Allegheny squad is perennially among the contenders from the area. Yet, under the radar he flies.

This tough scoring guard can fill it up in bunches, especially from deep where he loves to fire jumpers. He’s got a knack for getting into the lane and absorbing contact. He is explosive athletically and is a crafty finisher. Curtis handles the ball well and finishes in transition.

“I want to work on improving my mid-range game,” said Aiken when asked what he thought he could do to improve his game. Along with that, the ability to control the tempo of the game and run the offense will be key to his development as a player.

He holds offers from hometown Pitt, TCU, and Tennessee, while interest is coming in from Virginia Tech, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Duquense, and Rutgers. He is currently running with the Rytes Warriors on the ADIDAS Silver Gauntlet, and has been solid so far.

https://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_article/show/791314?referrer_id=1982313

-Dont turn into badby again Flipper. He got shut down when Mcgowens committed and badby said Pitt had little chance because he had over 40 offers.

Do people think he is a contributor in the rotation eventually, or mere depth. Seems like a good get on multiple levels either way.

"Aiken had scholarship offers from the previous Pitt staff, TCU and Tennessee"

-Might of had more offers if he was healthy

https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/2018/05/03/curtis-aiken-jr-commits-to-jeff-capel-and-pitt/
You are quoting he "had" offers. I think for him to come as a PWO means those scholarship offers were no longer there.

Yea, I've never seen him play but my hunch is (and by looking at his stats), he didn't improve much, if any, from his sophomore year. Those offers were made on the idea that he would have normal improvement over his last 2 years of HS but it didn't happen. Had he committed to those places when the offers were made, they would have eventually been pulled. That said, he is still young, obviously, and probably has the potential to become a legit D1 player. Not saying he will but the potential is at least there. If nothing else, a solid 4 year practice player

Yea, I've never seen him play but my hunch is (and by looking at his stats), he didn't improve much, if any, from his sophomore year. Those offers were made on the idea that he would have normal improvement over his last 2 years of HS but it didn't happen. Had he committed to those places when the offers were made, they would have eventually been pulled. That said, he is still young, obviously, and probably has the potential to become a legit D1 player. Not saying he will but the potential is at least there. If nothing else, a solid 4 year practice player
Dear God, your post actually made sense!!

No downside to that situation

Are you feeling ok?
Is this really you?

You always have a downside to almost anything and everything!

The world / message board needs the bucket is half empty people and the bucket is half full people now don't upset that balance.

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I thought that I read that he was injured this season so wasnt able to show that he improved to the DI level as prospects are expected to... which means that he could have but for the injury.

-Jamie Dixon offered him back in 2016

https://tcu.rivals.com/news/frogs-offer-2018-pg-curtis-aiken-jr-?guccounter=1

-Offer sheet -Pitt, TCU, Tennessee. Strong interest: Virginia Tech, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Duquense, and Rutgers

-Three different sources show the offers and who was interested.

PITTSBURGH, Pa. -- It’s not often a player with big offers is totally off the radar, but such seems to be the case with 2018 point guard Curtis Aiken Jr. Curtis plays in the sometimes-forgotten basketball city of Pittsburgh, PA and is one of the best talents in the area. His North Allegheny squad is perennially among the contenders from the area. Yet, under the radar he flies.

This tough scoring guard can fill it up in bunches, especially from deep where he loves to fire jumpers. He’s got a knack for getting into the lane and absorbing contact. He is explosive athletically and is a crafty finisher. Curtis handles the ball well and finishes in transition.

“I want to work on improving my mid-range game,” said Aiken when asked what he thought he could do to improve his game. Along with that, the ability to control the tempo of the game and run the offense will be key to his development as a player.

He holds offers from hometown Pitt, TCU, and Tennessee, while interest is coming in from Virginia Tech, Dayton, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Duquense, and Rutgers. He is currently running with the Rytes Warriors on the ADIDAS Silver Gauntlet, and has been solid so far.

https://www.nextuprecruits.com/news_article/show/791314?referrer_id=1982313
It is May 2018. He doesn't have scholarships from any of the 3.

I like the add.

Will he be a RS preferred Walk-on this year?

And, any chance he gets a scholly for the 2019-2020 season?

Thx & Go Pitt

In retrospect, what was I thinking graduating in 4 years?? Kudos to you for making your college years last so long. ;)
Coach everyone makes mistakes!I might still be at Cal if my dad hadn't said after I was there 5 1/2 years "boy it's time to get on with your life!"

Reactions: HOF Coach
Coach everyone makes mistakes!I might still be at Cal if my dad hadn't said after I was there 5 1/2 years "boy it's time to get on with your life!"
I had a friend who has you beat , he went to multiple schools over three terms , presidental terms that is ! ( Ford ,Carter , Reagan ) Finally graduated and of all things became a teacher . Guess he liked school .

Reactions: HOF Coach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT