ADVERTISEMENT

Daily Bubble watch

Dointhatrag

Sophomore
Sep 3, 2017
So far a lot of things are falling the panthers way during conference post season tournaments. No small or mid major conferences have stolen a bid

The good
Utah lost eliminated 17-15
Nebraska lost eliminated 16-16 (9-11) to 9-21 Minn
Georgia lost 16-16 to 14-18 LSU as long as LSU doesnt win SEC
Duquesne lost 20-12 (10-8) likely eliminated
Colgate won Patriot (26-8 (17-1) no bid steal
UNC won 20-12 (11-9) would go over Pitt if teams are close due to brand
Tex Tech lost 16-16 eliminated
Wisconsin lost 17-14 (9-11) eliminated
Seton Hall lost eliminated 17-15

Keep an eye on:
Arizon St won 21-11 (11-9)
OK st won 18-14 (8-10)
Villanova 17-15 won
New Mexivo won (22-10 (8-10)
WVU won 19-13 (7-11)
Ohio st 14-18 shouldnt be in conversation but we know NET

TBD:
Va Tech eliminated but NC State wins. Sets up elimination game of Clemson/NC State?

So far a lot of things are falling the panthers way during conference post season tournaments. No small or mid major conferences have stolen a bid

The good

Keep an eye on:
OK st won 18-14 (8-10)
Villanova 17-15 won
WVU won 19-13 (7-11)

TBD:
Va Tech eliminated but NC State wins. Sets up elimination game of Clemson/NC State?
NC state is ahead of Pitt after yesterday’s VT thrashing. We want them to beat Clemson. More analysis here based on today’s NET & bracket updates:
https://pittsburgh.forums.rivals.co...-update-teams-to-root-for.219035/post-4190311

Last edited:

The good

Keep an eye on:
OK st won 18-14 (8-10)
Villanova 17-15 won
WVU won 19-13 (7-11)

TBD:
Duquesne losing has zero impact on whether Pitt makes the NCAA Tournament.

The good

Keep an eye on:
OK st won 18-14 (8-10)
Villanova 17-15 won
WVU won 19-13 (7-11)

TBD:
I still think Pitt is safely in after their win yesterday. Even if all of those teams would steal a bid which they all won’t Pitt I don’t think is low enough right now for them to be the team that it impacts. The only ones I think that might have a chance to steal a bid are Villanova in the Big East and maybe Arizona State. Keep an eye on Conference USA as well as someone like North Texas or UAB could steal a bid since Florida Atlantic is most likely in even if they don’t win their conference tournament.

I don’t put North Carolina ahead of Pitt under any circumstances I don’t care what their brand name is. Pitt beat them twice this year and that has to count for something and just can’t be overlooked because Carolina is a blue blood.

Reactions: PittPoker
I still think Pitt is safely in after their win yesterday. Even if all of those teams would steal a bid which they all won’t Pitt I don’t think is low enough right now for them to be the team that it impacts. The only ones I think that might have a chance to steal a bid are Villanova in the Big East and maybe Arizona State. Keep an eye on Conference USA as well as someone like North Texas or UAB could steal a bid since Florida Atlantic is most likely in even if they don’t win their conference tournament.

I don’t put North Carolina ahead of Pitt under any circumstances I don’t care what their brand name is. Pitt beat them twice this year and that has to count for something and just can’t be overlooked because Carolina is a blue blood.

I dont think FAU wins CUSA. Nothing to play for.

These games are big just to avoid Dayton. If we lose, we have a good chance of going to Dayton, which is fine if you win there but if you lose, it feels like you didnt make the NCAAT. Need a W today

Early games of note today and who to root for:

VCU over Davidson
Marquette over St Johns
Miami over Wake
Mich 17-14/Rutgers 18-13 seems like an elimination game
Iowa st 18-12/Baylor 22-9 - both probably already in but root for baylor.
Florida over miss st then hope fla loses next round
Iowa over ohio st

These games are big just to avoid Dayton. If we lose, we have a good chance of going to Dayton, which is fine if you win there but if you lose, it feels like you didnt make the NCAAT. Need a W today
I think they would want to avoid Dayton. Which is where I think they probably fall, especially if they lose before finals. Committee will reward the mid major, but they drop 2 seed lines.

One Big 10 team is going to Dayton for sure, either PSU/Michigan/Rutgers. One Mountain West team will go there. And then the last two spots are probably 2 of: Mississippi State, Arizona St, Oklahoma St, UNC/Clemson

7 ACC teams won’t make the tourney. Clemson and UNC winning tonight and UNC just getting to the finals puts both of them in the running.

7 ACC teams won’t make the tourney. Clemson and UNC winning tonight and UNC just getting to the finals puts both of them in the running.
I think for UNC to get above Pitt they probably have to win the whole thing. Clemsons SOS is so bad they need to make the finals. I don’t think there is any way they both pass us, and if Clemson beats NC St again, NC St could be behind us as well.

NOBODY is talking about Vanderbilt. They are 18-13. 9-10 in Q1/2. I dont think they have to win the championship to get in. If they get to the final by beating Mississippi, Missouri, and Alabama, they are in.

NOBODY is talking about Vanderbilt. They are 18-13. 9-10 in Q1/2. I dont think they have to win the championship to get in. If they get to the final by beating Mississippi, Missouri, and Alabama, they are in.
Well they don't play until 9pm tonight. and the list above only addresses results yesterday and a discussion on the early games today (up to 2:30PM). Later tonight we can talk about Vanderbilt when it becomes an appropriate part of the conversation

But they don’t play those teams. They get LSU, Kentucky, and Texas AM. I think they need the Bama win. They probably have to win it.

I think they are on the other side of Dayton. There are too many other teams right now behind Pitt for them to drop to Dayton. Pitt is still ahead of teams like Miss St, Penn State, Rutgers/Michigan, Utah State, Nevada, North Carolina, and Arizona State just to name a few. Oklahoma State and Wisconsin are done after losing last night. None of those teams I just mentioned will pass Pitt up in the brackets.

Reactions: Cavalier Panther
I think they are on the other side of Dayton. There are too many other teams right now behind Pitt for them to drop to Dayton. Pitt is still ahead of teams like Miss St, Penn State, Rutgers/Michigan, Utah State, Nevada, North Carolina, and Arizona State just to name a few. Oklahoma State and Wisconsin are done after losing last night. None of those teams I just mentioned will pass Pitt up in the brackets.
Ok State plays Texas later today. Hopefully then they will be done.

It would be nice if both UVA beat UNC and Miami won big enough to keep/make those home wins Q1.

Last edited:
Rutgers beat Mich - Mich out
VCU beat Davidson - another bid stealer eliminated
Miami holds on to beak wake by 2 - bid stealer eliminated

St Johns trying to steal one heading to OT
Miss St locking up bid and eliminating Florida
Iowa St trying to lock one up too

St John’s and Villanova the more they both stay alive the better chance one of them has of winning the Big East Tourney. Let’s hope Marquette beats them in OT.

Rutgers beat Mich - Mich out
VCU beat Davidson - another bid stealer eliminated
Miami holds on to beak wake by 2 - bid stealer eliminated

Mississippi State up 10 at half. This day is starting like the last week of the regulation. All results going against us.

Mississippi State up 10 at half. This day is starting like the last week of the regulation. All results going against us.
I think Rutgers is a good result. They have no chance of beating Purdue. Michigan could have got on a serious run. Big 10 tournament going great. Michigan and Wisconsin eliminated. Rutgers stays below us with a loss tomorrow.

Freaking Miss St wins in OT and now passes us. We are going to fall to Last Foue In.
Unbelievable

Ok State plays Texas later today. Hopefully then they will be done.

It would be nice if both UVA beat UNC and Miami won big enough to keep/make those home wins Q1.

Ohio State beats Iowa keeps them alive another day to be a potential bid stealer.

This Nevada team sucks BTW. Only down 13-11 but you can see they dont have much talent. Would be totally awesome to play them in Dayton. What a fraud. Their SOS is 21 and I have no clue how. Their 4 Q1 wins were home games vs Boise, USU, SDSU, and at New Mexico. Ours were home vs UVa and at NC St and at NW with hopefully Miami moving up to Q1.

New Mexico Utah State tonight is a game as well where the loser won’t get in over Pitt. Probably root for New Mexico to win because I don’t see them winning the Mountain West and Utah State is closer to knocking Pitt back at the moment then New Mexico is. We also want Clemson to lose to NC State and UNC to Virginia. If both of them lose I’ll feel a lot better about todays Pitt game. No way either Clemson or North Carolina can pass Pitt up if they don’t win tonight.

New Mexico Utah State tonight is a game as well where the loser won’t get in over Pitt. Probably root for New Mexico to win because I don’t see them winning the Mountain West and Utah State is closer to knocking Pitt back at the moment then New Mexico is. We also want Clemson to lose to NC State and UNC to Virginia. If both of them lose I’ll feel a lot better about todays Pitt game. No way either Clemson or North Carolina can pass Pitt up if they don’t win tonight.

Right. Clemson and UNC losses knock them out but they have work to do. Need Nevada, Utah State, PSU, Rut, ASU, Miss St, and OK St to lose. 5 of those teams (and Pitt) will get in, I think is what it is.

Good lord does Nevada suck. They are down 11. There's no way they are as good as GT, VT, Syr, Wake, etc

This Nevada team sucks BTW. Only down 13-11 but you can see they dont have much talent. Would be totally awesome to play them in Dayton. What a fraud. Their SOS is 21 and I have no clue how. Their 4 Q1 wins were home games vs Boise, USU, SDSU, and at New Mexico. Ours were home vs UVa and at NC St and at NW with hopefully Miami moving up to Q1.
That's a bizarre SoS. Sagarin has their SoS as #82, similar to ours at #75.

That's a bizarre SoS. Sagarin has their SoS as #82, similar to ours at #75.

NET loves the Mountain West. They have it ahead of the ACC. Their resume is they beat 3 Q1 MWC teams at home and Q1 UNM on the road. But that looks better than us beating UVa, NW, NC St, Miami

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT