ADVERTISEMENT

Darrin Hall's spin move

rpost3

Head Coach
Aug 6, 2008
Haven't seen it garner special attention.
It was right there with the one handed catch by the PSU wr and Lewis' game ending INT as the most athletic move I saw during the game.
He seems to run with his head down a lot, but I guess that's what we can expect to see when he keeps his eyes open.
Looking forward to seeing what he does this weekend.

It was right there with the one handed catch by the PSU wr and Lewis' game ending INT as the most athletic move I saw during the game.
He seems to run with his head down a lot, but I guess that's what we can expect to see when he keeps his eyes open.
He's good, dude. Just don't tell Steel Curtain, he'd be very disappointed. he wrote Hall off based solely on a low YPC after his true freshman year.

I think we also now know why the coaches like Aston at FB over Jaymar. We are truly loaded at RB.

Ollison also had an impressive run, I believe, just before Hall's run. Pitt's loaded at RB. Conner, Ollison and Hall all seem very capable. Not to mention, Moss impressed the hell out the coaches in the spring and summer camps.

And, yeah, Aston looks very much improved this year too.

Reactions: PantherDDS
Ollison also had an impressive run, I believe, just before Hall's run. Pitt's loaded at RB. Conner, Ollison and Hall all seem very capable. Not to mention, Moss impressed the hell out the coaches in the spring and summer camps.

And, yeah, Aston looks very much improved this year too.
I hope we did not waste a year of eligibility for Moss...there are just not enough balls to go around...

I hope we did not waste a year of eligibility for Moss...there are just not enough balls to go around...
I think it's already done. But if not, you'd think he'd be begging the coach to redshirt him, barring any injuries of course. With JC and Ollison, even Hall is being under utilized. Throw in a few carries by WHitehead and of course Superman getting the rock a few times (aka Aston), you are right.

Reactions: PantherDDS
I think it's already done. But if not, you'd think he'd be begging the coach to redshirt him, barring any injuries of course. With JC and Ollison, even Hall is being under utilized. Throw in a few carries by WHitehead and of course Superman getting the rock a few times (aka Aston), you are right.
Just checked the official participation reports. He did not play vs Nova but he apparently did participate in the PSU game, although I don;t remember seeing him. I couldn't find a log of his minutes or snaps. I believe that officially makes him ineligible for a RS under the NCAA rules.

Not sure why the coaches decided to do that, as someone said above, there are only so many reps out there for the three very talented guys ahead of Moss. Seems like a real waste.

He's good, dude. Just don't tell Steel Curtain, he'd be very disappointed. he wrote Hall off based solely on a low YPC after his true freshman year.

I think we also now know why the coaches like Aston at FB over Jaymar. We are truly loaded at RB.
and on top of that a true freshman year coming off a torn ACL his senior year in high school

and on top of that a true freshman year coming off a torn ACL his senior year in high school
yeah, I get Steel Curtain's point, a lot of fans on this board where really singing the praise to Hall, a tad overboard based on a poor first year. Now im in the middle, I am excited about him but not because of what he did last year..

In his defense, Hall's not SC's, Hall really got screwed over by not redshirting last year. No one's fault but bad luck, JC's issues, Ibrahim out, James' sucking, Ollison being injured in camp with a bad hand.. Hall was forced to play as true freshman, 10 months off major knee surgery.

I couldn't care less about a blown RS. Dude ain't go pro after his JR hear. If he does, good for Pitt because he must be incredible. Pitt has him for three more years and it's not likely Sibley and others aren't coming in. The only reason Ollison took a RS is because he was either out of shape or injury. The only reason Conner took a RS is because he tore his MCL and was then diagnosed with a life threatening disease. Otherwise, Ollison would be a JR and Conner a SR. Not the case with Moss.

I couldn't care less about a blown RS. Dude ain't go pro after his JR hear. If he does, good for Pitt because he must be incredible. Pitt has him for three more years and it's not likely Sibley and others aren't coming in. The only reason Ollison took a RS is because he was either out of shape or injury. The only reason Conner took a RS is because he tore his MCL and was then diagnosed with a life threatening disease. Otherwise, Ollison would be a JR and Conner a SR. Not the case with Moss.
not worried about that either but some of these guys are giving away a year for no reason. Dorin Dickerson gave away a year for one reverse against kent state.. It's more feeling bad about these guys giving a way their senior year for zero reason.

Barkley ran a swing pass. On the one good run he was about to have, he coughed it up. Darrin Hall > Saquon Barkley. That's 3 pitt rbs by better than Barkley by my personal count.

Just checked the official participation reports. He did not play vs Nova but he apparently did participate in the PSU game, although I don;t remember seeing him. I couldn't find a log of his minutes or snaps. I believe that officially makes him ineligible for a RS under the NCAA rules.

Not sure why the coaches decided to do that, as someone said above, there are only so many reps out there for the three very talented guys ahead of Moss. Seems like a real waste.
He played a specialty team on kick offs.

I have liked Hall a bit all along. He does not have plus long speed, but is more a dual style back, has some power and isn't an easy tackle, but has a little more speed than JC and Ollison. Moss is different in build and style a bit, but is also a dual type runner.

As long as they keep getting at least one or two solid guys each class, not as big a deal burning a redshirt on a RB.

I have liked Hall a bit all along. He does not have plus long speed, but is more a dual style back, has some power and isn't an easy tackle, but has a little more speed than JC and Ollison. Moss is different in build and style a bit, but is also a dual type runner.

As long as they keep getting at least one or two solid guys each class, not as big a deal burning a redshirt on a RB.
Pretty sure the coaches have openly stated Ollison has the most speed followed closely by Moss.

If memory serves, Graham and Lewis both had pretty slick spin moves. Conner's, during his breakout SO season, wasn't bad either.

Pretty sure the coaches have openly stated Ollison has the most speed followed closely by Moss.

Not really what I was talking about, strictly on straight speed.

Ollison is a "power" back, who needs a hole. Has decent vision and will run through some tackles.

Hall and Moss have some power, but also the vertical movement capacity to run horizontally more effectively to make yards, to make guys miss, to twist and burst to make yards, etc.

John Oates will always be in his shadow

yeah, I get Steel Curtain's point, a lot of fans on this board where really singing the praise to Hall, a tad overboard based on a poor first year. Now im in the middle, I am excited about him but not because of what he did last year..

In his defense, Hall's not SC's, Hall really got screwed over by not redshirting last year. No one's fault but bad luck, JC's issues, Ibrahim out, James' sucking, Ollison being injured in camp with a bad hand.. Hall was forced to play as true freshman, 10 months off major knee surgery.
See, I watched Hall last year and thought he looked pretty damned good for a true freshman.

I've just been taking Steel at his word when he kept crowing about Hall's 2-something YPC. Then, since I remembered you can't take Steel at his word ("I just listened to Narduzzi's presser and he said Ollison is 4th string behind JC, Moss and Hall..") I looked at Hall's actual 2015 numbers--he averaged 4 YPC on the season last year, and his highest YPC were in the games where he had the most carries (8.3 against the U). he averaged under 3 YPC against Iowa, but Iowa had a very good run D last year. That's very respectable. As usual, Steel is FOS.

Not really what I was talking about, strictly on straight speed.

Ollison is a "power" back, who needs a hole. Has decent vision and will run through some tackles.

Hall and Moss have some power, but also the vertical movement capacity to run horizontally more effectively to make yards, to make guys miss, to twist and burst to make yards, etc.
Can;t speak for Moss as I haven't seen him play, but that certainly applies to Hall. He has some feet, some shiftiness and he runs downhill. He's legit and his best days are coming.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
I'm sorry but this is probably one of the craziest things anyone has posted on here. No. No they aren't.

Lol does it make you sad I chose not to respect you running back? No offense, but penn state has a penchant for creating nfl bust running backs. Moreso than any other school. Barkley just another in a long line of career duds until proven otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT