ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 NCAA Betting thread:

whirlybird optio

Head Coach
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2003
Couple thoughts:

1) WVU seems like an absolute max bet. Very average Big 10 opponent, Maryland has been awful away from home. Huggins gets a win tomorrow and they will absolutely put a scare into Bama.

2) If you ask most people who don’t follow basketball, and maybe some on this board, what is the line for Duke -Oral Roberts, they’d probably say Duke by like 14-16 points. It’s only 7. It’s basically the same line as it was against us. If you are betting Duke - just be careful. 12 seeds cover at an amazing clip, and it’s not hard to imagine the announcers tomorrow being like “where is the Duke team from the ACC tournament?”. I think Duke can get to about the Elite 8, but the line tomorrow being where it is screams take Oral Roberts. I think Duke survives a very close one.

3) Just bet against the Mountain West. All of them. No matter the opponent.

4) I would also pound the Under in the Charleston game. Feels like a close 65-62 game, I don’t think they get to 140.

5) Big Money line underdogs I would bet outright: Furman, Charleston.

6) Random, ugly game that I would bet the lower seed: UNC Asheville. I don’t think UCLA blows them out, 17.5 seems like a little too much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News