ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware game thought/question for board.

GoPitt85

Scholarship
Jul 31, 2011
I was thinking about this and was curious how others felt. Obviously you can't take anything for granted, but I'm really hoping this game goes the way it did the last time we played Delaware where we cruise to an easy victory and some injured starters can rest either most, or the entire game. By no means do I think Pickett shouldn't start, but I'm really hoping we get to a place where he doesn't have to play in the 2nd half.

My question is if we can get there, do you give Nick Patti the entire 2nd half to give him as many meaningful games reps as possible to get him ready in case Pickett gets injured? Or do you selfishly want to see what Beville can do and give him some time to play knowing that he can still red-shirt?

I personally am torn as I know Kenny tends to run hard and takes hits. It seemed like he played banged up at times last year, and obviously he was banged up against UCF and it is important to get Patti as game ready as possible. However like many, I'm intrigued by Beville and it seems like he may be the QB of the future and it would be cool to see him with an entire 4th quarter and not just handing the ball off in garbage time. Curious what others think.

Reactions: WC Panther
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News